Release EDSM - Elite Dangerous Star Map

You lost me at "EDSM console updater page"! :)
Lol you mean the page on EDSM that called "console updater" which you get to with the link that you click on the profile that says "console updater" that i also built into the bash board page as well...
Screenshot_20200604_213737.png

You mean that console updater page...;)

Lol you mean the page on EDSM that called "console updater" which you get to with the link that you click on the profile that says "console updater" that i also built into the bash board page as well...
View attachment 175563
You mean that console updater page...;)

There’s a link that says “console updater”??
Since I don’t have a console I automatically ignore anything that mentions it! 😁

So does a console owner access EDSM via his machine to use that link? 🤓
It’s been about ten years since I had a Playstation, & I never used it for browsing.

Last edited:
I think it goes something like:
1) ED on consoles sends journals to Frontier.
2) Console updater periodically gets journal data from Frontier, and commodity prices when docked, via API.
3) Console updater updates EDSM.

I'm not having any luck linking my EDSM account with my Frontier account. It doesnt show any of my details.

I'm guessing that it doesn't work well with consoles?

I'm not having any luck linking my EDSM account with my Frontier account. It doesnt show any of my details.

I'm guessing that it doesn't work well with consoles?
If your account is correctly linked, and if you leave the console updater in the dashboard running for long enough it should download all the available data from Frontier (about 4 weeks' journals I think). This can take some time - from minutes to hours, and processes the data in chronological order.

If that's not happening then your best bet would be to try to contact Anthor - either on here or on Discord.

If your account is correctly linked, and if you leave the console updater in the dashboard running for long enough it should download all the available data from Frontier (about 4 weeks' journals I think). This can take some time - from minutes to hours, and processes the data in chronological order.

If that's not happening then your best bet would be to try to contact Anthor - either on here or on Discord.
I misunderstood and thought it would be a background refresh. I didn't realise I'd have to leave it on the dashboard, so I've done exactly what you've said and it is updating.

Thanks very much for your help!

Hi captains,

EDSM says I have "1 system discovered first". The thing is I don't recall getting any in-game bells and whistles while selling the data to UC and more importantly, I can't guide myself to find this system in my EDSM account.

Could you help?

Hi captains,

EDSM says I have "1 system discovered first". The thing is I don't recall getting any in-game bells and whistles while selling the data to UC and more importantly, I can't guide myself to find this system in my EDSM account.

Could you help?
You might be able to find it via the flight log. If you put it in list format you could search for the star/bodies you discovered and the system should follow.

Try exporting it to excel and see what detail comes up.

AFAIK, that isn't first discovered as in the game, it's that you're the first to send any data for that system to EDSM. Look for the yellow star symbol in the top-right of the system line in the flight log page, or in the leftmost column in the list verison of the page.

Last edited:
By converting to list view, I just saw a yellow triple-star icon to the left of the system's name with a self-explanatory tooltip. I also agree that this "first discovered" most probably means "first reported to EDSM".

I am trying to import a single journal file into EDSM but the site is unresponsive and just stays at "reading journal files." This particular entry is about 4 MB in size. For small files, I have had no issues, but this one is not making any progress at all in uploading. Any suggestions? Thank you very much.

So does any one like the new console importer..
yes it now does a HOLE day on one import but the slow down of that single days import is so slow now..
yes instead of doing days in chunks in multi imports it just imports a hole day in one blue bar an yes this avoids the CPU reduction time out errors but it now takes way longer per day... and could very well now trigger many hibernation modes and Flat lap top batteries... which cause the hole import to fail for that day... o well...

So does any one like the new console importer..
yes it now does a HOLE day on one import but the slow down of that single days import is so slow now..
yes instead of doing days in chunks in multi imports it just imports a hole day in one blue bar an yes this avoids the CPU reduction time out errors but it now takes way longer per day... and could very well now trigger many hibernation modes and Flat lap top batteries... which cause the hole import to fail for that day... o well...

I'd like it much more if it handled CarrierJump (at all), and/or if it handled Location and Docked properly (without having to leave the current System first). It's great that we have it, but it's still very hit and miss.

Not 100% sure how this site works but it's been synchronizing the same day, June 16th, for about a week, I've restarted a couple of times but still will not progress. Also noticed somewhere on the site where it said my login was going to expire in a few hours. Should I do anything? Thanks!

Top Bottom