Release EDSM - Elite Dangerous Star Map

From the Flickr support site:

Please Note: some websites require you to link directly to a photo, instead of the photo page.

Get a direct URL to it

1. Click a photo to open it.
  2. Click the Download icon.
  3. Click View all sizes.
  4. Click on the size you want to see.
  5. Right-click the image.
  6. Select Copy Image Location or Copy Image URL (text may vary per browser).
Link back to Flickr - Per our Terms of Use, whenever you place an image you're storing on Flickr on an external web site, you must also include a link back to Flickr.

I have EDD connected with EDSM thru the API key, and the journal log location set. But going on EDSM today I was presented with

"Exploration values are being calculated, refresh the page to calculate 1 of 580 remaining days."

yeah...no.

I have EDD connected with EDSM thru the API key, and the journal log location set. But going on EDSM today I was presented with

"Exploration values are being calculated, refresh the page to calculate 1 of 580 remaining days."

yeah...no.
Just use "Panel" tab and leave it for a while :)

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did a search but couldn't find a specific response to my issue.

With EDSM, when using the API v1 to search systems, I use the API Systems v1 to grab a list of the systems within a specific cube, and then I want to download and process information from the API System v1.

The whole thing works fine... for a while and then I get an error message:

TypeError: list indices must be integers or slices, not str

It doesn't drop out on the same system. In fact it seems like the more I query, the earlier through the query it drops.

Are there limits on the number of API calls that can be made within a certain amount of time?

Or, why else would this happen? Any ideas?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did a search but couldn't find a specific response to my issue.

With EDSM, when using the API v1 to search systems, I use the API Systems v1 to grab a list of the systems within a specific cube, and then I want to download and process information from the API System v1.

The whole thing works fine... for a while and then I get an error message:

It doesn't drop out on the same system. In fact it seems like the more I query, the earlier through the query it drops.

Are there limits on the number of API calls that can be made within a certain amount of time?

Or, why else would this happen? Any ideas?
Yes, the v1 API is rate limited. If sending queries from an automated process, you want to be aware of and respect the x-rate-limit-remaining response header.

This might already be answered somewhere in there, but I cannot read 130+ pages of the thread to try to find it....

Is there any reason why the Dashboard only refreshes once every ten minutes, and has to be in the active browser tab in order to refresh, and then only updates one day's logs at a time?

Because it is taking a ridiculous amount of time to update EDSM with game data from my XBox account.... :cautious:

Deleted member 166264

D
Something got messed up when EDO was released, and from what I gathered, it's not something the author can fix on his own.

Nothing messed up. The API server just were overloaded. The journal endpoint was never designed for constant polling and now there are more third party apps (before it was only EDSM) which are using it.

Am I doing something wrong, I have ED Market Connector (linked to EDSM account with automatically update on docking turned on) & Captains Log 2 running. When I do not run ED MC I don't show up in the EDSM traffic report, but as soon as I start it up I am refreshing the system I am in and now showing up. I thought this wouldn't happen until I dock somewhere. In my public profile I have "Delay scanned celestial bodies until docked?" turned on as well as
Share logbook?, Share flight log? and Share flight log map? all turned off. Do I need something else turned off or is this working as intended? I guess my impression from the setting was that nothing would be shared until I docked somewhere.

Last edited:
Well, have you tried viewing it while logged out? I never used it, but it might be different for the one submitting the delayed data and other people.

Well, have you tried viewing it while logged out? I never used it, but it might be different for the one submitting the delayed data and other people.
When I searched a couple systems I was in it showed no activity, I then turned EDMC on and doubled back to 2 systems. Searching on EDSM then showed me as passing through them immediately. I also have my EDDN settings set to Delay sending until docked in EDMC. Also on EDSM my public profile settings are Delay scanned celestial bodies until docked? YES.

Last edited:
Just use "Panel" tab and leave it for a while :)
I've been having the exact same issue as Nomadski (every time I open the EDSM page it seems to have "forgotten" my days, and I have to reload the page repeatedly to get the exploration stats to show correctly). I can't seem to find the "Panel" tab; can you explain where that is found? Thanks!

Top Bottom