Release EDSY - The ship outfitting tool formerly known as E:D Shipyard; reimagined, redesigned, reborn

Updated to v3.8.17.6:
  • synced new Crowdin translations for Chinese (thanks MichaelStone!), German (thanks Eahlstan!), and Russian (thanks nevaring and Ars145!)
  • fixed a bug with using English as a default for strings that aren't yet translated for the selected language
I wish I had the option to choose which language I see.

I wish I had the option to choose which language I see.
The selector is in the help/options tab, and should also default to using whatever locale/language your browser is set to, if it's one that EDSY supports.

What language are you looking for? If it's not in the list, I'm happy to add it if there are folks willing to provide the translations.

The selector is in the help/options tab, and should also default to using whatever locale/language your browser is set to, if it's one that EDSY supports.

What language are you looking for? If it's not in the list, I'm happy to add it if there are folks willing to provide the translations.
Oh, I'm hoping to see english again instead of german.
goes to check
Ah, I see. I was blind, it seems. Or it was the fault of windows with their ridiculously thin scroll bars...

Thanks for the quick answer.

Greetings Taleden! Thank you for all your work on EDSY! It is great to have an elite ship designing platform that is up to date with all of the new modules.

Another new module was released today, the Titan Nanite Torpedo. What information is needed to add this to EDSY? Is this something the community can assist with?

Updated to v3.8.17.7:
  • added Guardian Nanite Torpedo Pylons (thanks mgrzegor!)
  • fixed line-wrapping of unit-per-unit labels (i.e. "M/S") in the details panel
  • synced new translations for French (thanks apasg!), Chinese (thanks MichaelStone!), Russian (thanks Ars145, KGB.Stirlitz, theksandr, AndricReal, and koo514!), and Spanish (thanks anderbalandin!)

Updated to 3.8.18.2:
  • added new Frame Shift Drive (SCO) modules
  • synced new translations for Russian (thanks KGB.Stirlitz and AndricReal!), Portugese (thanks FelaKuti!), and Chinese (thanks MichaelStone!)
The host's cache seems especially aggressive today so it may take a bit for the update to pop up (but force-refreshing can help).

Updated to 3.8.18.2:
  • added new Frame Shift Drive (SCO) modules
  • synced new translations for Russian (thanks KGB.Stirlitz and AndricReal!), Portugese (thanks FelaKuti!), and Chinese (thanks MichaelStone!)
The host's cache seems especially aggressive today so it may take a bit for the update to pop up (but force-refreshing can help).
Prompted me in Firefox as soon as you posted (I was already using it at the time) and refreshed itself with no issues. Thank you again.

The new SCO FSDs differ from regular FSDs in the following aspects, which EDSY v3.8.18.2 fails to take into account:
  • their class must fit the slot size exactly (i.e. undersizing is not allowed);
  • they are currently not engineerable.
(FDev like to make tool devs’ lives hard, don’t they. 😜)

(Edit: And by the way, thanks a lot for the quick update!)

(Update: A pull request for you to make imports of JSONs containing SCO FSDs work :))

Last edited:
Hi taleden,
here’s some relevant JSON extract for the new “Anti-Guardian Zone Resistance” blueprint:
JSON:
    {
      "Slot": "LargeHardpoint2",
      "Item": "hpt_guardian_shardcannon_fixed_large",
      "On": true,
      "Priority": 0,
      "AmmoInClip": 5,
      "AmmoInHopper": 180,
      "Engineering": {
        "Engineer": "Ram Tah",
        "EngineerID": 300110,
        "BlueprintID": 129030458,
        "BlueprintName": "GuardianWeapon_Sturdy",
        "Level": 1,
        "Quality": 0.0,
        "Modifiers": [
          {
            "Label": "DamagePerSecond",
            "Value": 83.599998,
            "OriginalValue": 104.5,
            "LessIsGood": 0
          },
          {
            "Label": "Damage",
            "Value": 4.18,
            "OriginalValue": 5.225,
          },
          {
            "Label": "GuardianModuleResistance",
            "ValueStr": "$INT_PANEL_module_active;",
            "ValueStr_Localised": "Active"
          }
        ]
      }
    },
    {
      "Slot": "MediumHardpoint2",
      "Item": "hpt_guardian_shardcannon_fixed_medium",
      "On": true,
      "Priority": 0,
      "AmmoInClip": 5,
      "AmmoInHopper": 180,
      "Engineering": {
        "Engineer": "Ram Tah",
        "EngineerID": 300110,
        "BlueprintID": 129030458,
        "BlueprintName": "GuardianWeapon_Sturdy",
        "Level": 1,
        "Quality": 0.0,
        "Modifiers": [
          {
            "Label": "DamagePerSecond",
            "Value": 59.575996,
            "OriginalValue": 74.470001,
          },
          {
            "Label": "Damage",
            "Value": 2.9788,
            "OriginalValue": 3.7235,
          },
          {
            "Label": "GuardianModuleResistance",
            "ValueStr": "$INT_PANEL_module_active;",
            "ValueStr_Localised": "Active"
          }
        ]
      }
    },
AFAIK the blueprint is available for all Guardian weapons (except the nanite torpedoes), but for now I have it applied only to class 2 and 3 shard cannons. If I later apply it to other Guardian weapons I’ll post the JSON extracts as well.

I’ll leave it to you to implement this in the code; if I tried to do it myself I would probably end up with something you would not like ;)

Hi taleden,
here’s some relevant JSON extract for the new “Anti-Guardian Zone Resistance” blueprint:
[Cut for length reasons.]
AFAIK the blueprint is available for all Guardian weapons (except the nanite torpedoes), but for now I have it applied only to class 2 and 3 shard cannons. If I later apply it to other Guardian weapons I’ll post the JSON extracts as well.

I’ll leave it to you to implement this in the code; if I tried to do it myself I would probably end up with something you would not like ;)
As far as I know, this is only applicable to unengineered weapons.

Top Bottom