Patch Notes Update Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two 3.1

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Thanks for update 3.1! It's not a big update, but it adds some nice additional interactions and variety to the game. :)

Something similar happened to me last week. Had two deliveries, both produced enemies. The first one interdicted me, and killed him, but while I was scooping up materials, the other jumped in with a conda and an SLF! And one of my kids came and started talking to me, so I forgot the scoop was out, and the disadvantage was enough for him to take me out. Oh, well... remember to retract scoop when in fight... m'kay. :D

I feel the pain with that one... Has also happened to me at lots of Threat 0 USS's, always seem to jump in as soon as I start scooping lol... It did have the effect of ingraining retracting my scoop however !! lol

Not sure if this is linked to the issue with sec forces fighting each other, but.......

Dropped into a low res for some mining and took out a pirate that was inspecting me (after my scan confirming wanted). 3 sec forces dropped in and also attacked the pirate, however as soon as he was destroyed all 3 flicked to 'red' and started on me. I jumped out thinking that I maybe accidentally tagged one, however on getting to a station in the system, I had no bounty/fine at all. I thought that if I had broken the damage threshold to make them aggro, that I should always have a bounty/fine as part of the mechanism?

Not sure if this is linked to the issue with sec forces fighting each other, but.......

Dropped into a low res for some mining and took out a pirate that was inspecting me (after my scan confirming wanted). 3 sec forces dropped in and also attacked the pirate, however as soon as he was destroyed all 3 flicked to 'red' and started on me. I jumped out thinking that I maybe accidentally tagged one, however on getting to a station in the system, I had no bounty/fine at all. I thought that if I had broken the damage threshold to make them aggro, that I should always have a bounty/fine as part of the mechanism?

You would have, this seems to be part of the same issue.

I have had the exact same happen... I wasn't mining, just went out to watch a Fed Anaconda and Viper going at it, I was following a pirate , didn't even have hard points deployed and boom, started to get engaged... Always seems to be the vipers for me... It's like a fly buzzing around my Corvette lol. The funny thing was that they didn't engage the Pirate/Wanted ship, just me... I just assumed that they didn't like the name of my ship... Vicki-Vette.... :)

Simon

I know it's OT, but I must share with you this screen my friend gave me....

photo_2018_07_13_23_26_34.jpg

I am, Chris, I am

:D

Last edited:
Missions
  • Removed the timed element from assassination missions, so that targets are no longer limited to spawning within a time window. Players can scan the systems local nav beacon to find the targets location.

Whew, it has been a long time, figured I'd dip my toes back in! This part struck me though. Any reason why we couldn't get some of the old time window style missions, in addition to "locate the target somewhere in this area" ? Especially if they are notorious criminals or something, and have reason to be in hiding.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom