News Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two Release Date

A full list of details and changes will be available in a changelog at launch.

We’d love to hear what you think about this next instalment of the Beyond series of updates and can’t wait to let you discover all the content ingame!

Perhaps if the announcement and trailer had more info...

Y'know maybe Frontier should try that sometime - actually reveal more in these trailer announcements than the crumbs dropped just now.

I mean, I see why you do it - give 'em the bare minimum of info and just a teasing shot of some engines which look suspiciously like the one on the Krait model you showed a few months ago . Get's the hype up. But what you need to realise now is that after 4 years of this, it's really wearing thin.

I for one am tired of the "tee-hee! we're such teases!" style of information release. You're at the stage now that you can produce a trailer and an announcement which shows the Kriat, and if not the Krait, shows this Challenger, shows the new stuff described in the announcement - and that will create way more hype than this tired bare-minimum "tease! teehee!" approach.

Just my opinion - might be right, might be wrong, but then again I think I'm more right than wrong.

What about Lifetime Expansion Pass Owners????

Where't we meant to get something

As a LEP owner, I really don't care if the content that's added to the game is "free" or "paid content that lep owners can access". It makes no difference.

What matters is that the game development continues. I see the lep as a way towards funding that continued work.

Now, I'd be annoyed if a paid expansion appeared that we didn't have access to-but that's not happened, so all is good.

It's always nice to see new content.
New content=new ships for ED.
It would be nice if there were actual character development content, but that is clearly not ED.
I hope one of the new ships has an SLF - a mid range alternative to the KB and the FGS would be nice.
It still looks like Thargoids are optional, am I wrong about that?
Can some one update me on the megaship piracy thing. Is it financially viable yet? Is it still just a curiosity like generation ships?

New Ship: ChallengerThe Alliance continue to refine their warships in the face of the looming Thargoid threat. The Alliance Challenger, envisaged as a frontline combat vessel, has stronger armour than its Chieftain counterpart and will be able to soak up a significant amount of punishment.

As an Alliance pilot who currently flies a shieldless Chieftain.... ​yes! yes! yes!

rd4tNj9.gif

[video=youtube;cz5JVeOTv-8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz5JVeOTv-8[/video]

Yes, the Challenger shown in the announcement trailer and the Krait design that was revealed at Frontier Expo are very similar in design, albeit minor differences. I guess we'll see when Beyond Chapter 2 releases, or in any promotional stuff that comes prior to Chapter 2 release that show other angles of the Challenger.

Deleted member 38366

D
Hmm... Ship Storage limit : 35 Ships. Ships existing in V3.1 : 36.

I wonder if Ship Storage limit gets the little buff it needs once in a while as more Ships are released.

Yes, the Challenger shown in the announcement trailer and the Krait design that was revealed at Frontier Expo are very similar in design, albeit minor differences. I guess we'll see when Beyond Chapter 2 releases, or in any promotional stuff that comes prior to Chapter 2 release that show other angles of the Challenger.

Are you sure that the ship in the announcement video is the Challenger.

Thank you Frontier!

Looking at your summary, Beyond: Chapter 2 is looking great and I'm really looking forward to it.

I think we may have panicked. It looks like the ship shown in the trailer may well be the Krait and that the Challenger is far more like the Chieftain and has not been shown in the trailer (FD being obtuse/sneaky - delete as appropriate) but which has been leaked in PC Gamer (maybe).

See playfuldreamer's post ...

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...Release-Date?p=6747429&viewfull=1#post6747429

Last edited:

Will Flanagan

W
Hello everyone,

I've updated the thread to correct some points regarding Wing Missions and the Tech Broker.

For those worried about whether or not the Krait appears, consider the announcement specifies "ships" as plural. Also consider this image courtesy of PCGamer:

I think it's safe to assume we're getting the actual Krait in addition to the Challenger. The sweet engine shot in the trailer does not match the Challenger.

Uh, where exactly does it mention ships?

We’d love to hear what you think about this next instalment of the Beyond series of updates and can’t wait to let you discover all the content ingame!

Actually, after reading the details a few times now, there isn’t anything listed for me to look forward to in 3.1:

• New combat ship, I’m not a combat player so meh.
  • Tougher Thargoid Scouts. I like the Scouts because they are easier and more my skill level, I’d rather have better incentives to fight them than harder opponents. Hopefully they don’t get too tough or the point of having Thargoids for the below average player to fight is lost.
  • More Tech Broker weapons. Again I’m not a combat player, so meh.
  • Installation interactions like Megaships. Again, I’m a non-combat player who isn’t interested in breaking the law, so nothing for me here at all.
  • New Wing Missions. If wing missions were tuned to be attractive for solo players too then I might look forward to this, but since they aren’t, this is meaningless to me. In fact I dread having the mission boards further diluted with missions I won’t ever fly.

If this is all 3.1 is then it has absolutely nothing for me to get excited about, sadly. I’m happy for everyone who is getting new content though. I’ll just keep playing other games while I wait for Q4 I suppose.

Last edited:
Why are you always introducing combat ships, Frontier? Not all players want to just fight, you know. Every update is welcome, of course, but I'm really bored now with the combat focus of this game. Type-10, Chieftain and now the Challenger. Does the Alliance not want trading or exploration oriented vessels? Or a multi-purpose equivalent to the Python? Why does it always have to be combat?

Also, targeting the final possible release day of Q2 is seemingly the mocking of the system and your promises. The Q3 update will be released on September 27th, I bet, just so you can communicate Q3. Development is both slow and - in my opinion - not going in the right direction. Too much combat focus! Elite should be about way more than this.

More pew-pew/Thargoid-related cr*p.

What happened to 'fleshing out the core gameplay'?

Enjoy. I'm off to race cars.
o7 until Q4 (at least)

Last edited:
Top Bottom