Elite Dangerous Community Schedule W/C 28 June 2021

Ooh god - brave man. I struggle with the Rift S default rooms you can pick / /the demo stuff which has room overlooking a city, but high up.
I'm okay in space / SRV etc - but those make me go giddy!
Try this one:

After you master that, nothing will disturb your stomach anymore :)

Heh. A few days of content creators saying "make or break" "crucial week" etc, now the forum saying itt, and fdev are thinking ... when did his happen? We weren't planning anything special :D

I wish I had some Pineapple Jaffa cakes this week, but popcorn will do.
Look at it this way: salt tastes a whole lot better on popcorn than on Jaffa cakes. And no matter what Fdev puts out, there's sure to be plenty of it come Wednesday. 😝

Ooh god - brave man. I struggle with the Rift S default rooms you can pick / /the demo stuff which has room overlooking a city, but high up.
I'm okay in space / SRV etc - but those make me go giddy!
Have a look at the free "Face Your Fears" experience... Ignoring the obvious 'height' scenes, there is a bedroom based scenario (fit for children!) that is superbly done!

Looking forward to more information in today's stream why that changed so late in the day - it's been talked about as a monthly developer update stream for the past month. On the face of it, it feels like the CM team are desperately trying to do the right thing but are being undermined by the other teams / management at Frontier.

@sallymorganmoore @Zac Cocken @Arthur Tolmie @David Braben

So I see the 'improved communication' is again for twitch and twitter while your official forums are left to speculate. Colour me unimpressed.

That 'development update post' had best be SPECTACULAR. Thursday's patch similarly has a lot riding on it. 'Wait till the end of the month, you'll be happy' promised @Arthur Tolmie . Well, it's nearly here - still standing by that are you, FDev? Because a lot of your player base is holding you to it.

I'm not a typical doomsayer, but this is appalling for ED. I'm thousands of hours in, and the only reason I'm not playing Star Citizen instead right now is because I don't want to have to rebind all my controls.

Pushing forward the 'Azimuth saga' when a lot of players are having major issues with the game itself feels a bit like the 'this is fine' meme to me as well.

I think a dev updates makes sense as a post rather than a stream, but in that case why not just get dev answers and post them as you get them? Why wait for the end of the month? Get answers to RNs PP questions and post them up, job done. RN goes away happy* and the CMs can look out for the next question to answer.

Not that there are that many actual questions, mostly it seems to be existential screams of WHENNNNNNNNNNNN! :)

* yeah, I know, that's not gonna happen either ;)
Unless its an actual plan of when it will happen, its just hot air.

FD have all the feedback they need, they are just to scared to go through with it.

we are only talking about the front porch right?
Aim for the bushes

1624963210831.png

Anyway i'm ok with either a post or a stream, the important thing is it to be meaningful
The point is that a CM should have responded on page1 and edit the OP. You know, communicate.
Heh. A few days of content creators saying "make or break" "crucial week" etc, now the forum saying itt, and fdev are thinking ... when did his happen? We weren't planning anything special
It also means absolutely nothing whatsoever. They could do literally nothing this week, show a blurred picture of a Panther Clipper and half the community goes wild again.

"Make it break" is the the impotent raging of gamer nerds who struggle to deal with frustration in a normal way.

Even then - the future is a foreign land, they do things different there. Patch 5 moved, streams turning into posts. I'm not sure where people get this "If you plan really hard then maybe the future will be predictable" thing.
FD have all the feedback they need, they are just to scared to go through with it.
They have all the feedback they need - they just need to decide what to do. I doubt that a company is scared - you're anthropomorphising a bit to much there.

Not scared, but they have an F1 thing to develop. The team needs to move on. Thats also why there does not seem to be any plans for ED beyond console launch... they haven't thought about it, and quite frankly have other obligations at this point.

In short: FD runs 'projects' - Odyssey was one called 'Watson'. Next DLC, or project, first needs feature detailing, planning and approval. BEFORE they can assign a team to it. Last time it took 3-6 years for a major DLC to surface... time scale depending on when you start counting days from.

Even then - the future is a foreign land, they do things different there. Patch 5 moved, streams turning into posts. I'm not sure where people get this "If you plan really hard then maybe the future will be predictable" thing.
People seem to forget that the changes to Powerplay are modifying formulas, and not adding any new assets (bar a few UI changes). So in content terms, its like less than one of the fix patches for Odyssey. From what I gather Powerplay was a whisker from being greenlighted for updates ages ago but was caught in the third age of ED, The Chaos Period where everything just went to hell.

They have all the feedback they need - they just need to decide what to do. I doubt that a company is scared - you're anthropomorphising a bit to much there.

Am I? The lead dev of the time suggests moving a feature to Open only, and then.............silence. For years.

If I remember right FD posted they know what to do moving forwards, if they have the time.

Well, when is that time? Its been three years now.

The point is that a CM should have responded on page1 and edit the OP. You know, communicate.

What you allude to is at least half the reason the community is in such an unhappy state. Ignoring all the dev woes, the way the comms is being led is simply making things worse. I struggle to understand why someone hasn't considered making changes here.

Not scared, but they have an F1 thing to develop. The team needs to move on. Thats also why there does not seem to be any plans for ED beyond console launch... they haven't thought about it, and quite frankly have other obligations at this point.

In short: FD runs 'projects' - Odyssey was one called 'Watson'. Next DLC, or project, first needs feature detailing, planning and approval. BEFORE they can assign a team to it. Last time it took 3-6 years for a major DLC to surface... time scale depending on when you start counting days from.
And a lot of what needs to change in ED is simply balancing- changing numbers on a sheet. Even I could do that.

Top Bottom