ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous Free on the Epic Games Store!

Ik krijg dit bericht Failed to synchronise time with server. The application will now exit. This is most likely to be a temporary network or server issue. Please check your connection to the Internet. If you have not run the launcher for a long time you should also check for a newer version in case this one has been superseded

I renounce to create an account on Epic Games.

When I create my account, I write a password. After it asks me to solve the captcha (10 labyrinths to solve) what I do and validated by the site.

After it tells me that my password has been corrupted over 300 times on other sites and asks me to change. What I do.

After it represents me again 10 labyrinths to solve. What I do etc ...

3 laps of the loop and I still don't have an account.

I've seen rotten sites before, but like this one, never.

I will do without free ED. :mad:

🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠😷

Can't really find a relevant forum to post so going to continue here. There doesn't appear to be a troubleshooting/questioning forum thread?

As this is an online only game, is there anywhere to see server status? It's pretty frustrating to have no connection available and not know whether it's something I should be troubleshooting on my side or if it's the game's servers. There doesn't appear to be a good landing screen for ED. I seem to remember WoW many years ago had a pretty good home screen for checking stuff.

The launcher says the servers are ok but the game says differently when it loads up. Is this a problem I need to report? Or is it known? Or is it a problem with my account, or connection, or router? It's impossible for me to tell.

Also, is there a way to stop it launching VR stuff? I have a rift s that isn't plugged in but when I launch ED it launches Steam VR and the Oculus stuff. I don't know if this is something specific to the EGS version or if it happens on Frontier Store/ Steam versions. Anyone seen this? It runs fine on my monitor rather than attempting to connect to the rift, but I just don't like software opening up when it's not needed. Unfortunately EGS doesn't give us the ability to set or unset switches when launching a game and ED launcher doesn't believe I own the game if I try to launch it directly.

God I hate DRM on top of DRM. Why even have it when it's an online only game anyway?

I know I got this game for free, but my goodness, this is the most frustrating gaming experience I think I've ever had (barring the time I foolishly bought an Ubisoft game on steam - another example of frustrating DRM getting in the way)

Lay off for another few hours; Game servers are having problems. If things won't load for me, chances are they won't load for you, either.

I mirrored three of my main accounts for multicrew and 7 new accounts are on my FC with T9 filled with 790 Tritium each, (amazing what trade can do in FC) so now I use Frontier-Steam+Epic for multicrew :D

I did this on Thursday the 19th ;)

Last edited:
Well finally I have open an account and took free ED. I download the EPIC launcher for later if I need.

I opened my EPIC account with a different email address than my Frontier account email address.

And I did not want share my EPIC email address with Frontier Developments.

So I'm totally independent between EPIC and Frontier , I believe ?

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

Well finally I have open an account and took free ED. I download the EPIC launcher for later if I need.

I opened my EPIC account with a different email address than my Frontier account email address.

And I did not want share my EPIC email address with Frontier Developments.

So I'm totally independent between EPIC and Frontier , I believe ?

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷
As far as E: D accounts go, yes.
Getting the Epic version to run will result in another Frontier account, with the same e-mail you used for Epic.

As far as E: D accounts go, yes.
Getting the Epic version to run will result in another Frontier account, with the same e-mail you used for Epic.
Ah ok but this new Frontier account will appear in the Frontier store next to the original account ?

And the original account with my previous orders( Kickstarter , founding member, premium beta etc ...) will be completely independent from the second account?

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

Last edited:
Ah ok but this new Frontier account will appear in the Frontier store next to the original account ?
Requiring a separate login, no connection between those two at all.

And the original account will be completely independent with my previous orders ? (Kickstarter, founding member, premium beta etc ...).
Yes.

I went a step further to keep my original KS account and Epic freebie separate: made an user account just for the freebie on WIndows, so there's no chance of mixing Journals or config files.

I use Google Chrome with 10 embedded emails, worked for me :)

Google Accounts 3464566.jpg

So I will use 2 launchers on my desktop.

The EPIC launcher and the Frontier launcher ?
That should work.

Here's info:

Taken from that thread's OP:
The Epic store version of the Elite launcher does allow you to log into your Standard or Steam purchased accounts after logging out of the auto-logged in Epic account.

That should work.

Here's info:

Taken from that thread's OP:
The Epic store version of the Elite launcher does allow you to log into your Standard or Steam purchased accounts after logging out of the auto-logged in Epic account.
Excellent !

Thanks Cmdr for the information. (y)

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

I went a step further to keep my original KS account and Epic freebie separate: made an user account just for the freebie on WIndows, so there's no chance of mixing Journals or config files.
It's a very good idea. I think I would do the same if one day I use the EPIC account. (y)

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

Great stuff. I just picked up a free account. Thanks!

The traffic report for the first starter system they send you ("Welcome to the Galaxy" mission) reported 70,000 sidewinders having passed through recently. LOL
wow, 70,000! It was proper busy yesterday and I had a blast in CQC with my new account, great fun at the moment, thanks for doing this Epic/Frontier. Its a blast at the mo. Good stuff!

Top Bottom