Elite Dangerous: Gamestore | Issues with filtering | Implemented fix

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Greetings Commanders.

A post to share a little information today on an issue that quite a few of you have previously raised, whereby filtering by ship (and other filter methods at times) in the Elite Dangerous Gamestore was not working for you.
In other instance reports, the product carousels were sometimes looking incorrect in their aspect ratio from time to time also.

I'm pleased to say that these issues have now been addressed and those of you who were experiencing problems previously will now be able to correctly filter products, and will see improvements to the product carousel.

FAQ:

Why are you fixing Gamestore issues/do you have information on Gamestore issue fixes when in game issues/information on in game issues remain outstanding?

Just for full clarity, the web team are the experts with this one and no input from the game development team was required to implement the necessary fixes.
The development team remain hard at work pushing forward with their work on Update 14 and we will, as ever, bring more information on progress to you all the moment we have it available.

Huge o7
Have a wonderful day in the Galaxy.

Last edited:
Is this related to the issues around not being able to apply certain liveries to suits as it wasn't able to access the store correctly? Or something like that...

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Is this related to the issues around not being able to apply certain liveries to suits as it wasn't able to access the store correctly? Or something like that...
Naww it's specifically related to what I outlined :) The filtering in the webstore and aspect ratio of products o7
If it was the suits thing you can betcha I would specifically be calling out suits for sure. As soon as I know more on that, I'll be back.

Lil bit more on that Marvin, if you don't mind?
What's going on?
I have posted several threads on this and it's been met with nothing but ridicule.

You charge North America roughly 30% more for Arx than anybody else and you've been doing it for MONTHS.

Example: 25,000 Arx cost 12.99 pounds, 15.99 Euro, but a whopping 18.99 dollars.

Fact is, the pound, euro and dollar are all about even now and have been for over a year.

According to present pricing on actual monetary value, it should cost 15.48 dollars, not the 18.99 I've been paying since I started playing the game.

I've been ripped off over and over until I found out about it. The EU and UK get basically 25 to 45% more arx for every pound / euro they spend compared to North America.

Edit to add: I reported it to Ripoff Report in North America over it.

Last edited:
I have posted several threads on this and it's been met with nothing but ridicule.

You charge North America roughly 30% more for Arx than anybody else and you've been doing it for MONTHS.

Example: 25,000 Arx cost 12.99 pounds, 15.99 Euro, but a whopping 18.99 dollars.

Fact is, the pound, euro and dollar are all about even now and have been for over a year.

According to present pricing on actual monetary value, it should cost 15.48 dollars, not the 18.99 I've been paying since I started playing the game.

I've been ripped off over and over until I found out about it. The EU and UK get basically 25 to 45% more arx for every pound / euro they spend compared to North America.

Edit to add: You are actually on Ripoff Report in North America over it.
Don't buy then.
Spend your freedoms on something else.

I'm simply offering solutions to your predicament that you've posted in an open forum on an unrelated post.
No, you're not.

You're basically saying, "If you don't like getting ripped off, stop getting ripped off". That's not a solution. The solution is simply for FDev to fix the store costs. It would take them all of about 2 minutes.

Edit to add: You are actually on Ripoff Report in North America over it.
what you didnt notice was for the vast majority of the last 2 decades it was us in the uk getting ripped off compared to our US equivalents.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom