Release Elite Dangerous HUD Mod (EDHM)

Yep. Happened to everybody. They say you have to reinstall it completely and start over again.

I haven't done it yet because I'm running a custom theme I worked on for hours.

Yep. Happened to everybody. They say you have to reinstall it completely and start over again.

I haven't done it yet because I'm running a custom theme I worked on for hours.
I have made this mistake a couple of times, frustrating as........
You can export your theme to reload or share in the future, works well, it has saved me a couple of times.
Edit - Press the themes button at the top, then the export button at top right of EDHM ui it is an arrow pointing upwards and to import use the downward facing arrow.

Last edited:
Well, that turned out to be a disaster.

When I ran the installer, it said I had to uninstall the previous version before running the installer. So I did that. Now the installer will not run because it's missing a DLL.

I should have known better and just left it alone and not upgraded it at all. If I ever get it to work again, that's exactly what I'll do: NEVER upgrade it.

Did I miss that in this thread?
Well, it started with you.

Just updated the EDHM_UI that was pushed out. Now it won't start after updating, lol.
Same thing with me, after the last update (2.1.53) EDHM UI does not start anymore. :cry:
Everybody that posted since the update has had the same thing happen. There are also dozens of post on the Discord channels about it.

Every post I've seen is the same anywhere - that after updating it no longer works.

Short info from me (without much complaining), my running version before the update problems was 2.1.52, then update (internally) to version 2.1.53.
The update finished normally, but the new version did not start. Then update to version 2.1.55 (downlod the version and started .msi).
Unfortunately the same behaviour, update was finished normally but EDHM_UI did not start.
Then version 2.1.55 was uninstalled via system uninstall, without problems and version 2.1.51 was installed (download and .msi started).
Installation OK, start OK, update (internal) to 2.1.55, behaviour as above, no start of EDHM_UI.
Uninstall with error "cannot find UNINSTALL.BAT" but was uninstalled anyway.
Download of version 2.1.52 (start of .msi), installation OK, functions OK (no further update performed).
Oh, not so short after all. :rolleyes:;)

I'll just say this once:

============================================================
EDHM and EDHM UI have always been, and will always be, FREE for the community to download and enjoy

EDHM and the UI are publicly available on their respective GitHubs, and will never be behind a paywall
============================================================

Last edited by a moderator:
With regards to the recent problems with the UI, I'm not sure why it's happening as I'm not involved with it's development.

I uninstalled the UI via the Control Panel / Programs and Features, downloaded the latest version, installed and it's working fine.

Step-by-step:

1. Exit Elite
2. Save/Export whatever theme you're working on (save outside the Elite game folder)
3. Go to Control Panel / Programs and Features. Click EDHM UI then the Uninstall button
4. Download the latest version of EDHM_UI_Setup.msi
5. Run EDHM_UI_Setup.msi
6. EDHM UI should be working now

With regards to the recent problems with the UI, I'm not sure why it's happening as I'm not involved with it's development.

I uninstalled the UI via the Control Panel / Programs and Features, downloaded the latest version, installed and it's working fine.

Step-by-step:

1. Exit Elite
2. Save/Export whatever theme you're working on (save outside the Elite game folder)
3. Go to Control Panel / Programs and Features. Click EDHM UI then the Uninstall button
5. Run EDHM_UI_Setup.msi
Thank you now it works as always did (y)

Step-by-step:

1. Exit Elite
5. Run EDHM_UI_Setup.msi
Thank you for the walk through, all seems fine now.

I did the same thing but I had to manually delete it all. It kept giving me an error on the uninstaller. After I got it all deleted in installed fine and worked again.
The error message box popped up behind the progress box so I didn't see it until just before the uninstal finished.

The error message box popped up behind the progress box so I didn't see it until just before the uninstal finished.
Ahhh. Maybe I just wasted my time then. Mine was in front of it, so I went in and deleted everything I could find that wasn't the core game files and then reinstalled it because I assumed it hadn't worked.

Well crap now I regret not exporting my profile more often. I guess I'll leave it as it is and either hope a future version of the installer can fix it or wait till the next game update breaks it.

Unfortunately when i try to install the set up,my computer says i need an app for it to run and opens hte microsoft store, on windows 11 if that makes a difference, doesnt find any app that i need to download so im stuck.

Whoa, I can't believe I'm the first one here after Update 141, lol.

So, as expected U14 threw all my EDHM settings out of whack.

I backed up all the files and reinstated them after update but it didn't work.

Just a heads up.

Hi! EDHM UI seems not working properly after update 14. Should we expect an update of the app?

UPDATE: Sorry, I just saw the message on the app and the automatic updating is now running.
Thanks a lot for the good job!

Top Bottom