Release Elite Dangerous HUD Mod (EDHM)

I know this is a dumb question due to the limitations of modding for this game (and probably has already been asked), but, isn't there any way to add a menu in game to change the color of the UI? Like the options to change the brightness and enable/disable clock?

Sometimes is hard to keep up with the changes of themes and restarting the game to see it applied.

I know this is a dumb question due to the limitations of modding for this game (and probably has already been asked), but, isn't there any way to add a menu in game to change the color of the UI? Like the options to change the brightness and enable/disable clock?

Sometimes is hard to keep up with the changes of themes and restarting the game to see it applied.

Yeah an in-game menu to control the mod would be awesome .. but I have no idea how to do that :)

Sometimes is hard to keep up with the changes of themes and restarting the game to see it applied

After you press 'Apply Theme' in the UI, you only need to press F11 in-game to see the changes, no need to restart

Yeah an in-game menu to control the mod would be awesome .. but I have no idea how to do that :)

After you press 'Apply Theme' in the UI, you only need to press F11 in-game to see the changes, no need to restart
That didn't work for me, maybe i had already a function for that button IDK i will try again one of these days

edcedyr4dul91.jpg

Does anybody recognise the preset (or its matrix values) that's used in this picture?

55 pages TL/DR

Does the EDHM_UI work with Horizons too or do we need to use EDHM-Horizons separately for that?
I have both EDH and EDO installed.

Thx.

EDHM for Odyssey v13.3 Update Notes

Congratulations to @Fred89210 on his first shader mod! Woo hoo! You can now change the colour of the Supercruise Snow to custom, multi-colour, or XML

• Added a 'face fix' for the darkened skin tone in Odyssey. The fix adds brightness to the skin tone only while in-ship (selfie cam). I recommend values of 0.3 or 0.4 (it's added to the base brightness)

• Fixed orange icons in Foot Comms

• Added fail-safe for Altitude Bar text for old themes where the brightness key is missing (which made text black). Will now default to main text colour if the element isn't found in the ini files

• Fixed an edge-case bug with the panel background/shadows and shield percentage

• Re-structured the ini files Startup-Profile.ini and Advanced.ini. These files were very messy but now have similar elements grouped together. No changes to the key:value pairs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those masochists who update their ini files manually, the changes are specified below:

Removed from Startup.ini

Code:
Supercruise Snow On / Off
key y121

Set supercruise snow brightness to 0 in Advanced.ini (key w195) if you want to turn it off

Added to Startup.ini
Code:
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; ** SuperCruise Snow **
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Set y234 value
; 100 = Custom
; 101 = Multi-colour (changes colour with direction)
; 199 = XML
; 200 = Elite default
y234 = 199

Added to Advanced.ini
Code:
; ** SuperCruise Snow **
; Custom colour
; Red
x195 =0
; Green
y195 =0.5
; Blue
z195 =1
; Brightness
w195 = 0.6

In the Cabin Lighting section:
Code:
; Face Fix for Ship Selfie Cam
; Sometimes the modded ambient lighting can make the pilot's face darker
; Add brightness to make the pilot's face brighter
; Default = 0
w234 = 0.4

New shaders:
c4720f8149c7ba2a
dfc850415baa9676

Removed shader:
fae410ec588f9660

Total 51 shaders in the base mod

=========================

The v13.3 update is already incorporated into EDHM UI, please update the UI via the Main Menu

If you don't use the UI, you can manually download v13.3 here (direct link)

I hope you enjoy the update!

o7

SuperCruise Snow (XML mode)

1662790137137.png

Face Fix (before/after)

1662790246186.png

Hello,

can someone please tell me the places where this mod saves the xml?

I tried the mod, didnt like it, uninstalled it but after the new "lens flare" update I dont have the default colours. So there is still something from that mod somewhere doing its things. I want that gone.

Hello,

can someone please tell me the places where this mod saves the xml?

I tried the mod, didnt like it, uninstalled it but after the new "lens flare" update I dont have the default colours. So there is still something from that mod somewhere doing its things. I want that gone.

Usually the mod will be uninstalled when the UI is uninstalled. But if there's left over files for some reason then see this post

Incase anyone needs them.

[ShaderOverride-76d87a62bd48e128]
hash = 76d87a62bd48e128
; Radar, Object Lines
handling = skip

[ShaderOverride-4e5823187ee42094]
hash = 4e5823187ee42094
; Radar, Object Coasters
handling = skip

I just installed the latest Odyssey EDHM along with Blue Mystic's GUI.

WOW!!!!

This is such an amazing piece of work.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for putting this together.

FDEV really needs to toss you a boatload of ARX for this.

Just downloaded the ED UI and configured it correctly
First of all, I don't have Horizons installed so I had to manually create a directory under Products and create a fake executable file myself otherwise EDHM_UI would not work at all.
Then when I clicked on any of the proposed themes on the list I would get a "this theme is not for Odyssey" error and I realized I would have to manually force an update for the mod
Almost the exact same issues. I don't keep Horizons installed, but the installer insisted that I point it at an Elite executable for the program anyway, even though I'd already pointed it at Odyssey. It should accept either executable and not insist that Horizons/both be installed. To work past this, I just pointed both at the Odyssey executable.

Upon starting EDHM UI, it didn't automatically select a default game for itself, but I didn't notice this. I was looking at the themes, chose one, applied it, then started my game. No changes. I noticed the program selector and selected Odyssey. The themes then started reporting the "this isn't for Odyssey" error. Restarted the mod ui. It started with Odyssey as the default, which resulted in no themes appearing in the list when I attempt to populate it. The program insists that it is updated, but I have no themes to select from. I'm stuck with orange unless I want to modify all these values myself - which I'd prefer to not if at all possible.

Oh. Also. The resizing function boundaries at the borders of the program window are not set properly. They're way too large, functioning past the visible edges of the window by at least half an inch, possibly a full inch.

Last edited:
Almost the exact same issues. I don't keep Horizons installed, but the installer insisted that I point it at an Elite executable for the program anyway, even though I'd already pointed it at Odyssey. It should accept either executable and not insist that Horizons/both be installed. To work past this, I just pointed both at the Odyssey executable.

Upon starting EDHM UI, it didn't automatically select a default game for itself, but I didn't notice this. I was looking at the themes, chose one, applied it, then started my game. No changes. I noticed the program selector and selected Odyssey. The themes then started reporting the "this isn't for Odyssey" error. Restarted the mod ui. It started with Odyssey as the default, which resulted in no themes appearing in the list when I attempt to populate it. The program insists that it is updated, but I have no themes to select from. I'm stuck with orange unless I want to modify all these values myself - which I'd prefer to not if at all possible.

Oh. Also. The resizing function boundaries at the borders of the program window are not set properly. They're way too large, functioning past the visible edges of the window by at least half an inch, possibly a full inch.

Hi, many people don't realise but the mod and the UI are separate projects managed by different people. I look after the modding part and CMDR Blue Mystic is the UI dev. Blue Mystic doesn't visit these forums and I don't usually have the UI installed as it's incompatible with my modding files.

The best place to get support for the UI is the EDHM Discord, or alternatively you can ask Blue Mystic via his GitHub

BM also created a nice web page with an install guide (but I don't think it covers this particular issue)

However, I just installed the UI and removed my Horizons to test a solution

====================================

First we'll uninstall the mod from your Odyssey game folder, without uninstalling the UI. We need to do this as it sounds like the Horizons mod has been installed into your Odyssey folder, and the mods (and their themes) are incompatible.

1. Exit Elite and EDHM UI (really important)

2. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to your Odyssey game folder (elite-dangerous-odyssey-64 folder)

3. Double-click the file EDHM-Uninstall.bat

4. The mod is now uninstalled. If you don't see the file EDHM-Uninstall.bat for some reason then you can 'Validate Game Files' from the Elite Launcher Options menu

Next we'll create a temporary folder for the UI to 'install' the Horizons mod files (they won't actually do anything)

1. Open Windows Explorer, navigate to the root of your C: drive, and make a folder called Temp

1663137915597.png

2. Start the UI, enter the details for your Odyssey path. For the Horizons path, enter C:\Temp then Save Changes

1663137953480.png

Then click Yes on the Would you like to update your EDHM?

1663138028909.png

Hopefully that will get the mod working for you

PS. Don't forget to switch the game mode to Odyssey in the bottom left corner

1663138200029.png

Hi @Cmdr IVDEX

Just bringing your post over here as it's likely to be relevant to other EDHM users as well

For Horizons I was using EDHM (with EDHM-UI) and I had a nice HUD-Setup. Not too colorfull (in the end it's a spaceship and not 'Miami Vice'), but a nice greyish-blueish with some accents.
Now that I can play on Horizins 4.0 (and due to the fact that I will definitl buy Odoyyey after I updated my machine - i5 3570K / 8 GB RAM / GTX 970) I am a bit stuck.
It's extremey nice that the HUD in Odyssey is extremely customizable via EDHM-UI but (at least at the moment for me) a bit overwhelming.

Is there any possibility to convert an existing Horizons-Theme into a Odyssey-Theme?
If yes I could just ake some small adjustments instead of investing a lot of time into making a complete new HUD.

Unfortunately the mod and ini files from H3.8 are incompatible with the H4.0 / Ody codebase

I modded Odyssey using techniques I didn't know about while doing Horizons, so there isn't an easy way to convert 3.8 themes to 4.0

However, you can at least use the same XML colour matrix from your 3.8 mod in 4.0

In the 3.8 mod, open the game folder "elite-dangerous-64" in Windows Explorer, then open the folder 'EDHM-ini"
Inside EDHM-ini you'll see a file called "XML-Profile.ini", which you can open in a text editor like Notepad or Notepad++

At the bottom of that file you'll see a block of code that looks something like this:
Code:
; ******************************************
;      --== XML Ship Profile ==--
;       *** <MatrixRed> TOP Row ***
; ------------------------------------------
; Top Left
x150 = 0.04
; Top Centre
y150 = -0.12
; Top Right
z150 = 1
; ==========================================
;   *** <MatrixGreen> MIDDLE Row ***
; Middle Left
x151 = 0
; Middle Centre
y151 = 1
; Middle Right
z151 = 1.3
;    *** <MatrixBlue> BOTTOM Row ***
; Bottom Left
x152 = 0.5
; Bottom Centre
y152 = 0.05
; Bottom Right
z152 = -0.02

This is just the EDHM way of writing the standard colour matrix
Code:
            <MatrixRed>        x150, y150, z150 </MatrixRed>
            <MatrixGreen>    x151, y151, z151 </MatrixGreen>
            <MatrixBlue>    x152, y152, z152 </MatrixBlue>

There's two ways to copy these values over to the equivalent file in your 4.0 EDHM-ini folder
i. Literally copy and paste the code block (only the 'XML Ship Profile' code block first mentioned above) from your 3.8 "XML-Profile.ini" file into the 4.0 "XML-Profile.ini" file .. it uses the same key:value pairs (x150, y150, etc)

ii. Alternatively, you can open the XML colour matrix editor in the UI (with the 4.0/Ody mode selected), and type in the values from your 3.8 colour matrix

At least you'll have similar looking panels - but note they won't be exactly the same, as the H4.0 / Ody graphics engine interprets the XML matrix slightly differently to the H3.8 version

As for the rest of the HUD, I recommend taking a screenshot in 3.8, then edit the 4.0 HUD in EDHM UI, and try to match the colours. Making a complete profile from scratch can take a few hours but it's worth it in the end

If you get stuck with anything feel free to ask any questions

o7

Hmm, anybody have the EDH4 corresponding shader to disable starport haze?

[ShaderOverride-StarPortHaze]
Hash = 698a0cdaf669a609
; Remove the white haze in large spaceports
; Uncomment the line below (remove the semi-colon) to remove starport haze
handling=skip

This above is from EDH3.8 and its not working in EDH4

Thank you. Orzz

Hmm, anybody have the EDH4 corresponding shader to disable starport haze?

[ShaderOverride-StarPortHaze]
Hash = 698a0cdaf669a609
; Remove the white haze in large spaceports
; Uncomment the line below (remove the semi-colon) to remove starport haze
handling=skip

This above is from EDH3.8 and its not working in EDH4

Thank you. Orzz

Hiya, I replied on the EDHM discord with a test file to check it's the right one you're looking for

Top Bottom