Release Elite Dangerous HUD Mod (EDHM)

U15 just dropped and now I'm having a bit of trouble with EDHM. I'm trying to apply a theme but it only partially takes... I can't explain it any better.

For example, I like the "Interstellar Ultra Blue" theme so I try to "Apply Theme" from the UI button on the screen. I then hit F11 in game but things like the ship hologram, sys/eng/wep scales are staying orange.

What am I missing?

EDIT: example:

HBRuGYZ.jpg
It's common for shaders to change names between patches, so things can break after one.

This implies graphical optimizations, which is actually a good thing if the changes work for the better.
Oh, OK that's encouraging. I know veeeeerrry little about shaders and had been imagining that even a recompilation might have updated things like shader IDs. (Or are the IDs just hashes of the code? :unsure:)

Oh, OK that's encouraging. I know veeeeerrry little about shaders and had been imagining that even a recompilation might have updated things like shader IDs. (Or are the IDs just hashes of the code? :unsure:)
Back when I maintained my own shaders for Horizons 3.n, I don't ever remember having to redo them for an update, so this "shaders change with every update" situation seems to be a 4.0 exclusive. Whether that's because they are being rewritten for the sake of optimization, or Frontier is linking / compiling code differently, I have no idea.

U15 just dropped and now I'm having a bit of trouble with EDHM. I'm trying to apply a theme but it only partially takes... I can't explain it any better.

For example, I like the "Interstellar Ultra Blue" theme so I try to "Apply Theme" from the UI button on the screen. I then hit F11 in game but things like the ship hologram, sys/eng/wep scales are staying orange.

What am I missing?

EDIT: example:

HBRuGYZ.jpg
this is a common issue after every update. the EDHM team r trying to fix it as we speak but for now everyone needs to be patient and wait for the edhm update. it is all being discussed on the EDHM Discord group but since the original creator of EDHM is no longer doing the fixes the very helpful new team edhm coders r working on it as quick and as best they can.

Hello!

As expected, U15 reverted all graphics configurations to defaults.

I took the precaution to backup all my EDHM files. Will it be safe if I just copy/paste them back to the elite-dangerous-odyssey-64 folder?

1683679967222.png

Yeah, every update reminds my how dependant I got to my color scheme and the de-cluttered HUD. I might even get used to the dashboard and everything being orange, but everything in the HUD from nav markers to gravity lines and orbit lines is so obnoxious without EDHM.

Hello!

As expected, U15 reverted all graphics configurations to defaults.

I took the precaution to backup all my EDHM files. Will it be safe if I just copy/paste them back to the elite-dangerous-odyssey-64 folder?

View attachment 355359
It just reverted about 70% of my HUD, do nothing until the EDHM team fix stuff just suffer the Orange until then it will make your real HUD look all the better when you get it back.

Perhaps I should have been more specific:

"As expected, U15 reverted all my EDHM graphics settings to default ED orange, and deleted all my EDHM files and folders."

Better?
Well it isn’t the behaviour I was expecting and as not all of my HUD has gone to default orange I don’t think it has done that to me.

It depends on how you update the game. If you update via Steam, their updating process only updates files that changed. If you update from inside the Elite Launcher, it will do a full synch of the entire folder and delete EDHM mods and its current settings.

It depends on how you update the game. If you update via Steam, their updating process only updates files that changed. If you update from inside the Elite Launcher, it will do a full synch of the entire folder and delete EDHM mods and its current settings.

Oooh... So that's what happened. Indeed I updated from the ED launcher, not Steam.

Oddly enough, I opened Steam first and it didn't show the Update button, nor the Update Available notification, which I found odd cause it always does. I didn't think much of it so I opened the launcher and updated from there.

Very good to know this for future updates, thank you! o7

Oooh... So that's what happened. Indeed I updated from the ED launcher, not Steam.

Oddly enough, I opened Steam first and it didn't show the Update button, nor the Update Available notification, which I found odd cause it always does. I didn't think much of it so I opened the launcher and updated from there.

Very good to know this for future updates, thank you! o7
I don’t have Steam so always use the Elite launcher and as I said not all of my EDHM mods as applied via EDHM-UI have been removed, so the process isn’t as comprehensive as implied.

For example my Analysis and Combat HUD ammo bars are as modified and the shield rings around the hologram of my ship are still in three colours not orange however the hologram itself is back to orange.

Top Bottom