Elite Dangerous 'New Launcher' live today!

Probably best, if you can't get it to work and continue to get the error, to email support direct in the link provided above for sure.

....righto. FYI:

The launcher notification says the new version is 1.7.6925.0, that's not the one I can get from my downloadable products.

The one downloaded from the launcher is still the old one (0.4.6779.0).

It's not behaving.

I'm trying to use the Frontier Launcher. When I double clicked on my current launcher icon from my desktop, it told me a new version was available to download. Which I did. I then launched the exe and it went through its instllation process.

It then asked me to reboot. Which I did.

Now, when I launch from the new desktop icon, it keeps telling me there is a new version - whch is exactly the same as the one I just downloaded.

ETA: I did not go through the store for this.

....righto. FYI:

The launcher notification says the new version is 1.7.6925.0, that's not the one I can get from my downloadable products.

The version number is from the notification, not the launcher itself. Antivirus is a bit strict on the temp dir.

Of course, f.dev breaks something they update again. Downloaded the new launcher and I keep getting a message that I need to download the new launcher after I have already installed it.

....righto. FYI:

IIRC the last time there was a launcher update like this, people got different downloads depending on whether they have the regular, deluxe or LEP product. Maybe it's that again?

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
It's not behaving.

I'm trying to use the Frontier Launcher. When I double clicked on my current launcher icon from my desktop, it told me a new version was available to download. Which I did. I then launched the exe and it went through its instllation process.

Now, when I launch from the new desktop icon, it keeps telling me there is a new version - whch is exactly the same as the one I just downloaded.
Noted and passed on o7

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Of course, f.dev breaks something they update again. Downloaded the new launcher and I keep getting a message that I need to download the new launcher after I have already installed it.
This sounds like

It's not behaving.

ETA: I did not go through the store for this.

On the case.

I installed the launcher for the FDev version (the EPIC one offered log via the EPIC account) and had to log once
It installs the version @Riverside mentions.
1690194762744.png

Attachments

• 1690194683033.png
    1690194683033.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 60
Top Bottom