ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Announcement

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Well, my impressions are thus:

This will give some utility to Multi-Crew, allowing a single ship to deliver and support a 3-person unit, instead of requiring each to bring their ship along and follow point to point.

Social hubs will be focal points of activity, something I've wanted to have more consistently for years. Hopefully these are more focused than just starports or Engineer bases, and are a more limited number of locations to concentrate activity.

I didn't see anything hinting at interactions inside of the ship yet, but that is a big hope. The Anaconda seemed a little small in the trailer, but that could have been perspective.

First-person combat doesn't quite hint at who will be on the other side; other players? Hopefully not just surface drones, NPC humanoid pirates and the like would be good, with some variety among them to encourage different combat styles and approaches.

No mention of them fixing the FDL's cockpit to be center-oriented. Biggest disappointment.

Thanks so much FDev, you crazy, crazy ambitious, fabulous people.

So much great stuff subtly confirmed there, can't wait for interstellar commando raids with my mates.... or zero g shootouts in floating wrecks? Or low gravity combined arms shenanigans...or... well, just seeing people not just ships in game and exploring a bit more of your world.

Wow. It looks amazing, but if 'legs' is FPS, me and a lot of fellas my age (ancient) will only be able to take it in small doses, if at all. Kudo's tho on the innovation. Keep the game alive because Pong sucks for entertainment value.

Which means absolutely nothing in a pre alpha rendered piece of marketing.

You do know game publsihers embellish their marketing with graphical trickery that disappears upon playing the game?

It could well be FD are telling us we are getting atmos landings, but until they actually clearly do, i wouldn't assume anything.
Yes, they usually include something like "Not Actual Game Footage" to save themselves from the barrack lawyers...
But you believe what you wish... My glass is half-full :)

Were you landing on these? Only asking as I have explored a little and never seen anything that comes close to that picture.
(Well, not landable, anyway!)
Some moons/planets have this haze going during night time. But it's no atmosphere. Think it was to do with gasses being released or some such.
64zKNuI.png

ACsPV22.png

Well, my impressions are thus:

This will give some utility to Multi-Crew, allowing a single ship to deliver and support a 3-person unit, instead of requiring each to bring their ship along and follow point to point.
Given the way Multicrew has been handled this far I seriously doubt that's going to be how that works. My guess is you cant leave your ship if your in Muticrew, like how it is with SRVs.

Well, we dont know for sure if you can walk in your ship. We know almost nothing. It could be that you 'press F to go outside', and then you suddenly stand outside near the door. I hope not, but lets not let our imagination run wild...

I understand that. I think that will be a massive miss, but it's possible they will. I mean the interiors of ships should be the easiest to get done and I can't fathom not having it but true, there are not yet details. Still, I'm pumped. Atmosphere landings (even if baron as the vast majority of planets will be) is a big plus too.

Hopefully that "breathtaking planets powered by stunning new tech" include fauna, flora, river, lake, blue sky, clouds ... otherwise it will be a big disappointment for me and many others, without a doubt.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷
Time will tell Patrick but I have to admit, I've not been this giddy over Elite since they made the kickstarter funded goal and that...........was a long time ago. Personally, I am hoping I can finally walk around and sit in the observation deck of the Anaconda. In fact, walk around all the ships for that matter, see how truly big some of them are. Goodness knows we have waited long enough.

From space, right, none. However, there is this and it is not unique in my experience:
Wm57d4Z.png

This should be visible from space.
Guardian sites do ooze 'atmosphere' it is true, but as we don't see 'detail' from space, it is lost on us.
Hence the teaser showing atmosphere from space should be a 'fair' hint that it was an atmospheric planet - even if a very thin atmosphere.

Now you've made me want to go collect some more Guardian stuff... They, along with the Thargoid bases, offer what is probably the best in-game locations to date :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom