Elite Dangerous: Odyssey | Fixes to Mission types failing to progress

Getting quite a few issues with fps from the recebt update. On ground settlements screen constantly locking up below 10 fps like its trying to load too much in yet disk, cpu and gpu barely hitting 30% usage. Not sure if its an optimisation bug or some other error. Any info on this? Cheers
Please check what kind of settlements are giving you these issues. For me it's mostly the Extraction and Agricultural settlements which show that kind of behaviour, the rest do not.

Greetings Commanders o7

More prominently over the last couple of days, you have been sharing reports of some odd happenings around missions failing to complete
Sally, I hope you will pay attention to the bug with the collector limpets in the salvage missions. This bug appeared in Update 7, but the report expired before confirmation. Another user submitted a report for the same bug, but was only confirmed now:

Please check what kind of settlements are giving you these issues. For me it's mostly the Extraction and Agricultural settlements which show that kind of behaviour, the rest do not.
I imagine that mega agri settlement (with the 2-3 domes, labs and power all in one interconnected building, and a few habs about 500m to the side). That layout isn't great for fps.

I imagine that mega agri settlement (with the 2-3 domes, labs and power all in one interconnected building, and a few habs about 500m to the side). That layout isn't great for fps.

Glass seems to cause issues, and wow do those buildings have a lot of glass - curved at that. Nice reflection of the starfield when you're up there, but probably expensive to draw.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Sally, I hope you will pay attention to the bug with the collector limpets in the salvage missions. This bug appeared in Update 7, but the report expired before confirmation. Another user submitted a report for the same bug, but was only confirmed now:

I'll make sure this info is additionally added to the reports I farmed on Hatch Breaker issues over the course of yesterday :) May already have caught it as part of the investigations but I'll grab it again anyway if so. Thanks!

Glass seems to cause issues, and wow do those buildings have a lot of glass - curved at that. Nice reflection of the starfield when you're up there, but probably expensive to draw.
And all that glass around the hydroponics in the domes, too.
Pretty. Pretty expensive.

I have it in smaller Agricultural settlements too. I haven't really been able to put a finger on it, but there does always seem to be one of those labratories with the spinning equipment. I have just have this completely unsubstantiated hunch it has to do with animated assets like those and the mining lasers.

I have it in smaller Agricultural settlements too. I haven't really been able to put a finger on it, but there does always seem to be one of those labratories with the spinning equipment. I have just have this completely unsubstantiated hunch it has to do with animated assets like those and the mining lasers.
While I can't comment on the mining rigs, (haven't taken enough note of them), those centrifuges(?) are fairly complex models. I can imagine there being a few too many transforms to update in order t get them animated, especially if there are several of them (doesn't mean that's the case, just that I am unable to say "nope, that won't be it").

This has been reported since Alpha that sometimes on raid or massacre mission not all kills get counted : https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/34750 - It guess it happens infrequently which is why it expired.
@sallymorganmoore Sorry for the ping. I've attached some footage of the issue. Do you have any info / update on this at all? (sorry for the questions) For some reason this problem has been around for a while, but it keeps "expiring" in the issues tracker. Maybe not many people experience it? I have had other people confirm they are having problems in the same settlements...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fkn1z2BL2E

I'll make sure this info is additionally added to the reports I farmed on Hatch Breaker issues over the course of yesterday :) May already have caught it as part of the investigations but I'll grab it again anyway if so. Thanks!
Hi Sally, since update 8 I've been having crashes to desktop, it stutter a couple of times, and then BAM! (in my case from settlement conflict zones). I see I'm not alone with the problem, Is there any awareness of this at FD?

Sorry for the ping. I've attached some footage of the issue. Do you have any info / update on this at all? (sorry for the questions) For some reason this problem has been around for a while, but it keeps "expiring" in the issues tracker. Maybe not many people experience it? I have had other people confirm they are having problems in the same settlements...
Same here, certain types of layout (and again often Extraction) exhibit this. The weird part for me is that this mostly happens around the landing pad, but seems to smoothen out once you had into the settlement. Some layouts just seem to have little bubbles of stutter here and there, it's hard to explain really.

Also one major issue to your list Sally. On-Foot combat zones have very strange NPCs' behavior since update 8. There is a known bug when NPCs do not move in combat zone, but now even if they move they are very very slow all the time, even in the situation when they have to run (like open field). It certainly was not the case before the update 8. I assume the new update of NPC's AI contains a bug. I have played about 10 combat zones yesterday, they all were non-playable.

I hope other commanders can confirm or object.

I can confirm this too, three on foot CZ's all exhibiting this behavior. Heck I've had one where NPC's were stuck inside a building and couldn't end the CZ without leaving. LTT 17422 was the last one I've seen this behavior in.

Greetings Commanders o7

More prominently over the last couple of days, you have been sharing reports of some odd happenings around missions failing to complete or be acknowledged when embarking on them in Elite Dangerous: Odyssey. The team have investigated deeper into the situation and discovered a mix of legacy issues around mission scripts and some new since Update 8.

Some precise reports included:
  • Scavenger Mission issues:
    • "No Mission Update on arrival, No mission bar in top right of HUD, No Scavengers."
  • Reactivation missions cannot be completed:
    • "The particular type is: 'Turn on power at... - no flames, no bodies" (look at me using "Commander quotes" from my notes here).
    • "No mission progress, no mission indication in the HUD."
  • Restore missions failing to progress:
    • "Land at the target settlement, no progress."

Today at approximately 11:30 UTC we will be rolling out a fix for these issues in the form of a server update.
Unfortunately it won't be a "stealth rollout" (where the servers don't need to come offline), so

Elite Dangerous: Odyssey servers (only) will be offline for a brief duration (no more than a few minutes).

Known Issues:
Once again, a little nod to the immediate known issues post Update 8 and a few others (please note that there are obviously more individual experience reports coming in which aren't listed here, of course - this doesn't mean that all of those suddenly don't count. Just making a top level short list to keep minds at ease.
  • Hatch Breakers: "When using a Hatch Breaker Limpet on any Cargo Hatch or Escape Pod on a non-dockable megaship an error occurs".
  • Strange behaviour around Unrestricted Access areas acting Restricted.
    • Instances of Commanders being attacked for being in a Restricted Areas, but the area was not restricted.
  • Facilities list in System Map is appearing blank (all platforms).
  • Delayed loading of stations (pop!)
  • "Backward Engine Trails".
  • Noted for investigation: An issue with premium ammo on Hammer Gauss Cannons and incorrect damage increase.
Again - I've read lots over the last few days so if the one you've poked me on isn't here, it's only because a known issues list in a post like this to put all of your feedback in would be mega.

Thanks again for your support with feedback, Commanders!

o7
In all seriousness I love what all of them are doing especially you sally maintaining contact with everyone.

now with the thing I wanted to bring up, “Noted for investigation: An issue with premium ammo on Hammer Gauss Cannons and incorrect damage increase” that right there. If frontier is gonna fox the incorrect damage bug, can they AT THE VERY LEAST increase the damage to like 11? Just change the damage number from 9. Whatever it’s at to 11. It’ll give enough damage to where the first 3 shots are less damage than the normal gauss and the final shot totals it to be more damage. Because as of right now. The hammer gauss is not a side grade, it’s a DOWNGRADE from the regular gauss with the exception of 20 more shots and better thermal load. It does less damage and has a lower optimal range meaning it’s just generally worse than the normal gauss which is BAD for the amount of effort needed to be put into getting more than one of them. So again, can the devs just add like, 2 extra damage to the hammer gauss and leave everything else about it alone?

me like what read :3 but is a fix for the new colonia on foot engis includet ? i jsut traveld there for them and tehy are bugged ... im a main thargoid hunter and the biggest offensvie is running and i mised it out ... i could have been back allready but dont want to be travled ther for nothing
i feel trolled but this time not by the comunity like teh free anaconda thing ... now by teh devs them selves yeah travle to colonia we add new engies ....

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Please disregard my previous statement as I've just sold them at kapteyn mines @ MACHAQUIABA. I was unable to do so in previous locations where I've been farming them: LHS 1541 and MIKINII. I suppose this was just ninja-fixed :)
Definitely no ninja fixes but glad it's sorted hehe!

@sallymorganmoore Sorry for the ping. I've attached some footage of the issue. Do you have any info / update on this at all? (sorry for the questions) For some reason this problem has been around for a while, but it keeps "expiring" in the issues tracker. Maybe not many people experience it? I have had other people confirm they are having problems in the same settlements...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fkn1z2BL2E

1635860872771.png

Now seriously, it happened several times to me and a computer restart solved it.

Top Bottom