Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Hotfix 3

Yes, and regular elite dangerous. I've tried all the workarounds that have been thrown around. The other games refuse to load my character because I'm in a taxi. I get a message asking to recover to orbit, and when i click that I get a error, and then i get the same question again, over and over
That really sucks. Sorry to hear that. That's the first real perma-stuck issue I've heard of so far. Sounds awful. Hopefully they can at least get the return to orbit issue fixed soon, if not get the actual destination port issue worked out. Seems like that check shouldn't be a thing too. At the end of the day, if there is a port you can land at, you should be able to walk. The issue makes no sense. I wonder where the limitation came from in the first place.

That's the first real perma-stuck issue I've heard of so far. Sounds awful.

It's the only odyssey issue I've seen so far where the official response on the issue tracker is 'contact support to have them un your account'

I assume it's replicating the mechanic that (legitimately) prevents disembarking on the surface of unsuitable planets, but in station. And as you say, if there's a base there, then neither high temps or high grav should be an issue (though there might have to be some interesting headcanon for the latter)

So I took a look at this scenario and I'm not seeing how the new UI is worse than before. Either you have to go to a drop down on the side and scroll your way through to the section you want or you click to the section. It takes two mouse clicks vs a mouse click (to the selection), a scroll, and another mouse click to select.

What it does allow now that wasn't an option before though, is that the new UI (though it doesn't support it currently) could support multiple filters in the future in a way that makes sense. So I'd classify that as a net neutral change at the moment with the potential to be a huge positive in the future with some more work.

What were you finding was so much harder?
Because mouse scroll is ...well, scroll wheel dedicated? + it will remain at view port. For example I can scroll to see orbital period and gravity and type like ELW.
Then I fast MOUSE OVER - window pops I check if it was marked.

With new map:
1. click planet
2. move mouse
3. click button with info part 1 right
4. move mouse down, click button with info part 2.
5. move mouse back left to another planet
6. repeat from 1 for each planet

While in old mapt was fast mouse move in straight line with proper prior scrolled left panel. It was 5 seconds to check 15 planets if any EWS there for me. I was doing it while ship was flying around star. WIth new map I guess I will burn out.
Now, 100 000 ly is about 1500 jumps. Multiply time loses. I think at least 60 seconds per star to add. Most likely more. So it is 1500 minutes lost = 25 hours wasted just because new UI.

Last edited:
Low polygon textures fixed for me on GTX 1050
hello, ive a gtx 1050 ti and cant deal the graphics. could you share your settings with me? i have no clue what polygon textures are or where i set them...

(yes i know i need a new card, but shipment takes a while unfortunately. I have been able to play ultra at 1080p with 60fps in horizons.)

Last edited:
Hot fix 3 has dramatically improved performance for me. 60 fps in space. Lowest was 34 in station interiors. Still not good, but bordering on playable now. Ultra 1080p, i7 8700 and gtx 1070.

Might be able to stream it on Thursday now.

Cheers,

Drew.

hello, ive a gtx 1050 ti and cant deal the graphics. could you share your settings with me? i have no clue what polygon textures are or where i set them...

(yes i know i need a new card, but shipment takes a while unfortunately. I have been able to play ultra at 1080p with 60fps in horizons.)
for screen resolution 1080p you must set super-sampling to 0.75 or 0.85.
Shadows -> Low, everything else no more then MID.
Can also set terrain quality to low and slider "terrain work" set past middle (50-60%)

Greetings Commanders,

A hotfix containing the following fixes and improvements has just been deployed. Downtime is expected to last 30 minutes:

Odyssey
  • General stability improvements
  • Further fix for Orange Sidewinder error
  • Fixed Apex Interstellar shuttles getting stuck in indefinite loops
  • Fixed players receiving missions sending them to Colonia
  • Fixed an issue with SRV datalink scanner incorrectly triggering a lethal response from settlements when in analysis mode
  • Fixed a missing Codex image
  • Fixed an issue where the suit and weapon customisation menus became unpopulated when switching between them
  • Fixed Shutdown missions triggering the 'leave the settlement' objective for all players in the instance
  • Fixed the scarf from the Plainsman outfit obscuring the player's view when in a ship
  • Allowed UMA GPUs and some other memory-constrained graphics cards to use more system memory for graphics allocations

Horizons
  • Stability fixes
  • Further fix for Orange Sidewinder error
Thanks as always for your patience and support as we continue to address issues!

o7
What’s about the users they have lost their ship because of bug in odyssey ? FRONTIER USER #50017E7E31A70F6

hey have lost their ship because of bug in odyssey
Most likely they don't. I saw similar on stream ... ship is going in real time back to last known station. For streamer it was Robigo - 1hr+. Once it there, he could claim it back over UI on station.

What’s about the users they have lost their ship because of bug in odyssey ? FRONTIER USER #50017E7E31A70F6
Open a support ticket, yeah, they are very overloaded right now, but normally their support is very welcoming and tries to help in exactly such situations if possibe :)

for screen resolution 1080p you must set super-sampling to 0.75 or 0.85.
Shadows -> Low, everything else no more then MID.
Can also set terrain quality to low and slider "terrain work" set past middle (50-60%)
WOW, now ive locked 60fps on foot. im very happy. many many thanks!

Because mouse scroll is ...well, scroll wheel dedicated? + it will remain at view port. For example I can scroll to see orbital period and gravity and type like ELW.

With new map:
1. click planet
2. move mouse

While in old mapt was fast mouse move in straight line with proper prior scrolled left panel. It was 5 seconds to check 15 planets if any EWS there for me. I was doing it while ship was flying around star. WIth new map I guess I will burn out.
Now, 100 000 ly is about 1500 jumps. Multiply time loses. I think at least 60 seconds per star to add. Most likely more. So it is 1500 minutes lost = 25 hours wasted just because new UI.
Are you talking system map rather than galaxy map? Also, mouse wheel isn't applicable if you are on HOTAS, which many are. I haven't really looked at the system map yet. I've been focused on the galaxy map, so I did misunderstand what you were getting at. I'll take a look at the system map.

With new map:
1. click planet
2. move mouse

Ok, yeah, system map is more of an issue because of hidden information, though it isn't quite as bad as you said. The information remains displayed when you pick a different planet, so it's just one extra click per planet, plus an additional extra click initially. This could easily be fixed if they apply a shortcut key to each tab for keyboard and mouse users.

Can confirm the Stuck in Apex Bug is not fixed, currently spinning around Puleston Arsenal in Shinarta Dezhra again. :)

Ok, yeah, system map is more of an issue because of hidden information, though it isn't quite as bad as you said. The information remains displayed when you pick a different planet, so it's just one extra click per planet, plus an additional extra click initially. This could easily be fixed if they apply a shortcut key to each tab for keyboard and mouse users.
Yes, however if u need ELS AND not mapped -> that is 2 different buttons, so u have to move mouse right and click it there 2 buttons, then back and repeat.

Top Bottom