Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Q&A- First Footfall

Sounds like it. So remember, if you decide to go and visit the triple breasted w****s of Eroticon Six in beta, that fact will remain etched in history for all eternity (unless the w****s are human in which case you're in the clear). :LOL:

I doubt that, but Space STDs (while certainly somehow linked to "exploration") are probably a topic better suited for a private discord than the forums :LOL:

First Footfall accolades will be available from the PC Alpha launch.

This is a very significant piece of information. Are you saying that footfalls in Alpha affect the records on the live servers?

Are there other things we do in Alpha that will be carried over to the live servers?

I’m aware of previous statements that “what happens in alpha/beta stays in alpha/beta” but this statement seems to contradict that, at least with regards to footfalls.

Please clarify.

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager
This is a very significant piece of information. Are you saying that footfalls in Alpha affect the records on the live servers?

Are there other things we do in Alpha that will be carried over to the live servers?

I’m aware of previous statements that “what happens in alpha/beta stays in alpha/beta” but this statement seems to contradict that, at least with regards to footfalls.

Please clarify.

My mistake - it's from the time of full launch that first footfalls will be recorded, not the alpha.

Given the disembark limitations taking gravity and temperature in consideration I guess too hot or too cold will be forbidden, too high G too, but what about too low G?

Hey OrangePheonix,

First Footfall accolades will be available from the full PC launch. I understand you and other console playing finding this frustrating, however we'd like to reiterate the following:
  • Any landable planets in systems with a population greater than 0 will be considered to have already been claimed
  • We estimate with the launch of Odyssey that the amount of ‘landable’ planets will increase by roughly 20%
  • Currently only 0.05% of the galaxy has been explored.
With all this in mind, we are confident that there will be plenty of opportunities for console Commanders to make their mark at launch later in the year.

Edit: the accolades will be active from FULL launch, not the Alpha.
Hey OrangePheonix,

First Footfall accolades will be available from the full PC launch. I understand you and other console playing finding this frustrating, however we'd like to reiterate the following:
  • Any landable planets in systems with a population greater than 0 will be considered to have already been claimed
  • We estimate with the launch of Odyssey that the amount of ‘landable’ planets will increase by roughly 20%
  • Currently only 0.05% of the galaxy has been explored.
With all this in mind, we are confident that there will be plenty of opportunities for console Commanders to make their mark at launch later in the year.

Edit: the accolades will be active from FULL launch, not the Alpha.
I'm a console player and I was lucky enough to get first mapped in Eurybia on Tara Flirble. With that being said seems to me this delay is going to give everyone on PC the extreme advantage of being first footfall on a lot of the interesting planets and systems in and around the bubble.
A lot less exciting for console players finding footfalls out in the middle of nowhere.

I'm a console player and I was lucky enough to get first mapped in Eurybia on Tara Flirble. With that being said seems to me this delay is going to give everyone on PC the extreme advantage of being first footfall on a lot of the interesting planets and systems in and around the bubble.
A lot less exciting for console players finding footfalls out in the middle of nowhere.
There are no first footfalls in any populated system, so it's only the systems in deep space any of us will get first footfall.

We have nothing to share on the Pioneer Suit skin at this time. Stay tuned for any future announcements on our social channels.
Well you guys are advertising it as a bonus for pre ordering the deluxe version, it doesn't seem fair to be charging for something nobody has seen? How do we know if we would want it? Just an art piece or a screenshot with some idea of what it'll look like would be fine. If it's REALLY nowhere near ready to be seen yet then you shouldn't have pre orders open advertising it as a bonus.

Well you guys are advertising it as a bonus for pre ordering the deluxe version, it doesn't seem fair to be charging for something nobody has seen? How do we know if we would want it? Just an art piece or a screenshot with some idea of what it'll look like would be fine. If it's REALLY nowhere near ready to be seen yet then you shouldn't have pre orders open advertising it as a bonus.
I see it as more of a "Thank you for supporting us even though you don't really know what you are supporting yet" thing. You dont buy the deluxe pre-order to get the suit - you get the suit for buying the deluxe version. Looking at it that way, it really doesn't matter what it looks like!

You could offer £1,000 or so for a .jpg image of one I suppose :ROFLMAO:

There are no first footfalls in any populated system, so it's only the systems in deep space any of us will get first footfall.
Like all Guardian ruins and Thargoid sites, and all other interesting planets just outside the bubble.
I think that's what console players worry about. When they start the game all of this interesting, unusual, characteristic places will be allready marked by PC players.

Top Bottom