ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous | Odyssey: Roadmap

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
CM's are the only customer facing employees of these days...
There's literally a FDev livestream with non-CM employees happening right now :ROFLMAO:

d8QZYl9.gif

Ugh why they dont go live on the actually game channel as well is a bit silly but il tune in now

(Edit) Unfortunately it is not an Elite stream so unfortunately this is not counted as an argument towards them not communicating with Elite players, they aren't even playing Elite for that matter so not even remotely part of this topic other than its Frontier.

Last edited:
This is a livestream celebrating Pride month, not related to Elite Dangerous.

I wonder if this is why Dev Updates stream was cancelled? a calendar clash?
Don't give them the excuse please, we have been hearing those for years, Elite Devs arnt even on stream so have no excuse not to have a separate one for Elite that also promotes the charity which would actually increase its donations

Don't give them the excuse please, we have been hearing those for years, Elite Devs arnt even on stream so have no excuse not to have a separate one for Elite that also promotes the charity which would actually increase its donations
Dr Kay Ross was literally on-stream for the first 30 minutes of it :ROFLMAO:

Dr Kay Ross was literally on-stream for the first 30 minutes of it :ROFLMAO:
One person......out of how many for such a short time, this is in no way shape or form to use as argument not to mention Dr Kay is planatary tech, we do not need that side of Fdev to come asnd explain the state and direction of the game, we need a director or someone who steers the direction to give the player base some answers, Dr Kay cant tell us stuff either as she is on the same level as the artists regarding information

Why would you be expecting devs to be communicating with the public one day before the next release? PR efforts would dilute from their ability to focus and concentrate during what devs call crunch time. Plus, large tech companies generally have groups like community managers to communicate with the public. Or PR departments. Or managers.

"Elite devs aren't even on stream"
"yes they were"
"that doesn't count!"

:ROFLMAO:
I think you missed what i said,

"Unfortunately it is not an Elite stream so unfortunately this is not counted as an argument towards them not communicating with Elite players, they aren't even playing Elite for that matter so not even remotely part of this topic other than its Frontier."

"Elite Devs arnt even on stream so have no excuse not to have a separate one for Elite that also promotes the charity which would actually increase its donations"

The Developers arnt on stream, as you said Kay came on for 30minutes or so however is not hosting nor on the stream and was just a visitor, your defence for Fdev as a whole due to one person coming on for 30 minutes really shows your stance so I will just leave it there.

Devs should not even be in any streams whatsoever.

Coms should be done by the CM team and maybe the Product Owner and the Game Director
Devs are developing what they are told to and when something goes bad it's really wrong to throw them under the bus and have them to explain or tat

Sure, when you just launched the game to a resounding success, it's cool to have a dev invited and let them share some of their experiences good or less than good, that contributed to that resounding success...
But when everything is a mess and Steam still holds EDO at 31% Positive reviews, why would you want to bring a Dev in front of the mob when there is a strong chance that mob will be comprised of 69% disgruntled and frustrated players?

Why would you be expecting devs to be communicating with the public one day before the next release? PR efforts would dilute from their ability to focus and concentrate during what devs call crunch time. Plus, large tech companies generally have groups like community managers to communicate with the public. Or PR departments. Or managers.
I think you missed the 200+ threads about the CM's not being given information to tell us hence the importance of Senior needs to ramp up as they are quite as hell, also communication issues within Frontier have been bad for years even within their company

The Developers arnt on stream, as you said Kay came on for 30minutes or so however is not hosting nor on the stream and was just a visitor, your defence for Fdev as a whole due to one person coming on for 30 minutes really shows your stance so I will just leave it there.
Dr Kay Ross is co-hosting the show, and is literally back on stream right now :ROFLMAO:

Dr Kay Ross is co-hosting the show, and is literally back on stream right now

Dr Kay Ross is co-hosting the show, and is literally back on stream right now :ROFLMAO:
Ok fair enough, I will agree with that one thing, will she answer questions about Elite however? no, which is the point im trying to make which is being side lined by one person being on a non topic stream.....Hell thats like saying I have an electrical problem but thats ok the electrician is at another building solving theirs...but my issue wont magically disappear will it.

Hi everyone. THE POST is on it's way (still no ETA though).

Anyone thinking to post derogatory/disriminatory content about the current Frontier Pride month stream..... should re-consider.
It was just posted....and again was lackluster towards the questions being asked and again, no answer regarding a roadmap whihc most of the community is asking for and was told would be given

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom