Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 3

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
All the Turncoat jackets are now black and white. Looks like the roughness map was mistaken for albedo.

Vg288Kd.png

Is there a ticket in the issue tracker I can grab a hold of this one with please? :) If not, would really appreciate one https://issues.frontierstore.net/

So far my game's performance is improving now, i can get more than 30 - 40 FPS while in settlement and more than 70 FPS while in space, and most of my settings are on High except Shadow~

Its not perfect but its definitely improving for my PC (mind you, my PC arent that powerful : Ryzen 5 2600, GTX 1060 6Gb, 16Gb RAM).

Other than that, all the updates and fixes are very welcoming and i hope for the best. :)

Some pictures of bugs I reported. Plus some decals visible when you're crouching. Is this the bug you people were talking about? Also, some NPCs parts (sometimes) are not fully rendered, especially helmets and breast plates.

Attachments

• odyssey breast 1.png
    odyssey breast 1.png
    1,005.3 KB · Views: 101
  • odyssey dbx insides.png
    odyssey dbx insides.png
    545.4 KB · Views: 119
  • odyssey decals 2.png
    odyssey decals 2.png
    426.4 KB · Views: 88
  • odyssey flight suit 1.png
    odyssey flight suit 1.png
    373.1 KB · Views: 79
  • odyssey render helmet.png
    odyssey render helmet.png
    456.5 KB · Views: 198
Any chance of a VR heading in the list of updates. If no fixes you could just write 'we hate you' in the empty space...
But so far we have (confirmed in the bug tracker) invisible rocks, free camera not working, locked horizons for the SRV, DSS (someone downstream <backthread?> said this was fixed - not checked yet), FSS orbit lines... just off the top of my head.

o7 and good to see the lines of communications opening.

sallymorganmoore

Would love to though uneventful to date. Reported cases like this and other issues in Issue Tracker. Since May, all issues reported, with those including multiple player additions confirming reproducible, all remain in Confirming state.

Though a great effort for development and QA for the list of issues in the previous and current update releases. Well done.

It can get very congested in there BUT I'm here now so if you have anything you want eyes on - now's a chance for me to take a sprint on it and see what's going on at least! Happy to help how I can o7

sallymorganmoore

Some pictures of bugs I reported. Plus some decals visible when you're crouching. Is this the bug you people were talking about? Also, some NPCs parts (sometimes) are not fully rendered, especially helmets and breast plates.

Pictures are FAB but links to tickets will help me so very very very much more with making sure things get run through for you guys o7 Really appreciate this!

I went to test the ground settlement performance. I landed at a tourist site, I get 19FPS outside, it looked like someone wanted to scan me so I stood still, they didn't scan me, so I walked off, I then went to walk into the bar to see what the frame rate was like, I never got in, an NPC in the bar airlock started shooting me, I just stood there with no weapon drawn until I died. My status with the system and the faction as clean before I landed - I'm now on a prison ship with 500cr fine - 272ly's from my ship.

To say I hate Odyssey's crime system would be a massive understatement.

sallymorganmoore

Any chance of a VR heading in the list of updates. If no fixes you could just write 'we hate you' in the empty space...
But so far we have (confirmed in the bug tracker) invisible rocks, free camera not working, locked horizons for the SRV, DSS (someone downstream <backthread?> said this was fixed - not checked yet), FSS orbit lines... just off the top of my head.

o7 and good to see the lines of communications opening.

Oh gosh no, we could never hate you! I WILL say though that issues around VR are high on our list of, at the very least, being able to communicate back to you more insight on where those are sitting. I just want you to know that much anyway. Really appreciate the patience. VR is a beast all of its own!

@sallymorganmoore

Hi - is there any information on this issue: I'm concerned that 99% of the bugs on the tracker are never seen, two of mine have expired already!

Carrier Shipyard Stock bug is still not fixed, this one is starting to worry me a bit a it’s quite a big bug.

This is the one where the ‘Capacity Required‘ is way, way to low, around 12 units when it should be more like 1200 units - at present this bug also stops the ships that you should be able to buy not being present. Such as the combat advanced pack is supposed to supply a Fer de Lance and a Mamba while only a Fer de Lance is available.

I posted this In the issue tracked a while back but it’s gonna expire soon.

edit: updated with link.

sallymorganmoore

@sallymorganmoore

Hi - is there any information on this issue: I'm concerned that 99% of the bugs on the tracker are never seen, two of mine have expired already!

Carrier Shipyard Stock bug is still not fixed, this one is starting to worry me a bit a it’s quite a big bug.

This is the one where the ‘Capacity Required‘ is way, way to low, around 12 units when it should be more like 1200 units - at present this bug also stops the ships that you should be able to buy not being present. Such as the combat advanced pack is supposed to supply a Fer de Lance and a Mamba while only a Fer de Lance is available.

I posted this In the issue tracked a while back but it’s gonna expire soon.

edit: updated with link.

Hey Chazzie! Thanks for posting the link! Taking a look now to see what might be going on here! o7

Oh, do you mean roam the planet surface from any drop point and search it entirely until you come near it to show a POI or you see it from your cockpit?
Yup, roam the planet - below 200m altitude - and scan the ground with your eyes until you spot the bio/geo objects. No interaction with your panels, it's all on vision from the cockpit. The heatmap in the DSS is said to help to some degree in terms of finding a good initial drop out location, though I have to admit I have yet to work out how...

Last edited:

sallymorganmoore

Wow! Just wow!! Thank you @sallymorganmoore and @Zac Cocken and all the Community Team, this is precisely the type of interaction that goes a long way, also we just love nattering with you so thanks for being here! :) Please make mucho positive noises to those who want to hear such positive noises for your change of approach!

Now to business..
The Item wheel is still inverted on the Horizontal axis when using a controller. It has been this way since day 1 of Alpha and has been highlighted many times, it really breaks the ability to use it correctly. Here is the issue on the current build of Odyssey issue tracker:

The Jetpack doesn't work correctly when using an xbox controller.. it won't accept long presses so just gives one short spurt, not enough to satisfy until you press it again and again. it results in rapid tapping but doesn't gain the height of a long press nor the control which means a controller user is at a serious disadvantage.. can't even jump ontop of me ship at times!

Thanks once again guys, you're doin a bang-up job, stay safe an keep well!

Ok so regarding the invert on the item wheel - Would it be possible to include your binding files for us please? Just for a deeper dig...

Top Bottom