Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 4

• MapUI - If a bookmarked object is selected, then the "Add to Bookmarks" button will now turn into a "Remove Bookmark" button.
  • MapUI - When renaming a bookmark in Bookmark Management, the edit field now contains the name of the bookmark.
  • MapUI - Added a new "Favourites" tab in the bookmarks.
  • MapUI - POI buttons in the system map now have the "Hold to plot route" mechanic.
  • MapUI - When using 'QuickRoute' to a location in the system you are currently in, it will now target that location.
  • MapUI - POIs are now sorted alphabetically.
  • MapUI - If there is only one result found in the search bar, pressing select will then take you straight to the location, closing the search bar.
  • MapUI - Pressing the "Next" button in the galaxy search bar will now hide the item list. An issue here has been fixed involving returning from the System Map and using the search bar.
  • MapUI - Fixed the "Next" button (search bar) remaining unselectable even when the player would select an item from earlier on in the list. Focus issues have also been fixed here for when focusing the search bar with controller input.
  • MapUI - When closing the market information panel on the right hand side panel (or switching to a different panel), the map view filter will revert to the previously chosen filter, instead of remaining on the commodity filter.
  • MapUI - Fixed scrollbar interactions in the Market panels, the checkbox filter panels and the Options panel.
  • MapUI - Fixed an issue where clicking underneath a panel would not deselect/select an object in some cases.
  • MapUI - Holding a directional input will no longer stop at the separators on the left and right hand sides.
  • MapUI - When in the system map using the mouse, you no longer need to click off the UI to unfocus it - you can now hover/select objects immediately.
  • MapUI - Added a new button to the filter panels to toggle all of the items, apart from the "Apply Filter to Route" toggle.
  • MapUI - Fixed Nebulas not appearing in search results.
  • MapUI - Selecting a nebula in the galaxy map search results will now move the camera to the location, without trying to display it's details as a star system.

Yay!! Most of the annoying problems with the galaxy & system maps fixed!
Thank you so much, guys & gals at FDev, for your work!

(Special thanks to Sally for taking note of the nebula search results thing!)

Now if we only could get:
  1. a filter in Planetary Map POI list to hide POIs not on the currently viewed planet
  2. a fix for the bug with custom bookmark name being ignored in the system map
  3. bookmark limit increased to 1024 😅 (though even 250 would be appreciated)
Oh, and it’s a bit too easy now to accidentally delete a bookmark, while renaming still requires hunting for it in the Bookmark Manager.
It would be best if, instead of the button’s function being ‘delete’, it would open a delete/rename/toggle-favourite pop-up menu.

Again, thanks FDev for all the improvements, and fingers crossed that Update 5 will bring the same with the Outfitting UI 😁

I'm afraid I'll never keep track of these if they're videos linked in here sadly. Could you add them to the relevant tracker tickets please and then DM me them? Thanks.
can you tell all Devs to play the game atleast once? seems like they never did. All of my friends have these massive FPS drops too and i think better performance should be the top priority right now and not some silly arx earning on foot and other stuff...

massive reputation loss...
I cant do any of this missions cause the target faction dont exists anymore... there is just one settlement an there are no npc's and the base is offline...

Attachments

• 20210617182951_1.jpg
    20210617182951_1.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 85
SOOO Thargoid Interceptor report. Gauss effects, still too large. almost no change. Thargoid cloud effect, still super thick and stays around a long time (missle cloud specifially) PLASMA CHARGERS: ok so these things kinda always sucked but now they are worthless. The cloud is massive generated by a full charge hit. AND IT STAYS IN PLAY FOR 8 SECONDS!!!!! Why? It is double the size and frankly there is not obscuring cloud in horizons, let alone one that sticks around for literally 8 seconds. Please remove the could as it obscures the target totally. The Interceptor EMP does nothing to players in oddity.

If you can name a piece of software that you have purchased in the last 15 years that meets the following criteria, I'd be very interested to know what it was:

Has a Version Number of 1.0
Has NO known flaws
Does exactly what it was intended to do - Every time
Has NEVER crashed when being used as intended
Is impossible to use in a manner that it was not intended to function, and doesn't crash if it is
Has had No updates, fixes, security patches etc released for it
Has had no new features added
Has not been replaced by a newer version.

I'd like to know, so I can make sure none of my Pension fund is invested in that software company (if they even still exist)
I agree with you but all the same, the lists with a number of endless lines of errors, I have rarely seen.

This is not an attack against Frontier of course (I am a kickstarter ;) ) but just a finding that I am impressed every time a list is presented. 🙂

😷

o7,
great job, the game start to be playable ( i mean on planets, settlements... ).
With my setup ( i7 4790K@4400mhz , gtx1080@2000mhz gdram@11000mhz, ddr3 1600@2000mhz playing on three screens res: 5900X1080 )
In space 120/170 fps
On foot 25/40fps....
BUT it's definitely better with patch 4.
Common Frontier! A bit more and it will be perfect.

Attachments

• 20210617184236_1.jpg
    20210617184236_1.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 69
Dear Sally.... About those CODEX values...

As mentioned in a previous post, there are a lot of Zeros in the new Cmdr codex data where there shouldn't be. I initially assumed this was due to a simple disconnect between the Codex display and our Cmdr files. I've done some testing, and I do not think this is problem. I think the problem lies in how/what actions the game is actually recording. So, at present, the Codex is displaying the following:

1. Financial transactions - suit/weapon purchases, goods/data sales
2. Suit/Weapon upgrade & engineering
3. All Exo-biology stats
4. Distance travelled in Apex
5. Combat in low-CZs

The Codex is showing Zero for everything else (Odyssey related) - all crime stats, all scavenging/repair stats, all combat in med/hgh CZs. This appears to be due to the game not actually recording these actions properly - not because today is day 1 of the new Codex stats, because some are actually in there. So, I just went and did 2 med-CZs, won them, collected the combat bonds at Frontline, and relogged. My med-CZ stats still read zero and my Mercenary rank did not move. If the game is not properly recording actions, then sorting this will also sort two other outstanding bugs...

1. Can't unlock Hero by comleting med or high CZs, because the game isn't recording those action properly
2. Mercenary Rank doesn't seem to move, because the game is not recording scavenger kills or med/high CZs properly

I'll go back and kill some civilians later (for science), but I expect that record in my Codex will remain at Zero too.

There's still plenty of time to get feedback and tickets in. Working on patches and reports doesn't stop from one day to another.
I’ve been submitting tickets since Odyssey’s launch, the problem revolves around the fact they are never seen or acted on, that’s why I’ve gotten frustrated by today’s events.

Sally very kindly tags these so they are visible to the team for fixing, except she’s not had a chance because she’s been putting out all the Sidewinder fires on her own, without any external help.

Let me be clear though, she did a stellar job!

Nice thanks!!
Any update on the crew rebuy bug?
That's what I would like to know, too. I'm a big fan of the NPC crew fighter ships, but having my crew members disappear again and again is simply frustrating.
And then the next question is if we get our beloved NPCs back who we nursed up to "usable" from wherever we got them. I want my Marianna Rivera back. :)

Minor selection of relevant issue reports below...

Why is the first option when landed the auto launch?? It used to be refuel, why would you change that to auto launch? Now when accidentally pressed (or out of habit in my case) it'll just toss me around and throw me out again!

Last edited:
And once again, bang goes my short window of opportunity to have a quick play as it will now spend all the time I have downloading and installing. Is there no way to make updates that only affect the client side optional. Or have some other download process that can be triggered without having to sit down and start the game? How about a systray update downloader so it can check for updates whenever the PC is on, optionally background download. So they only need installing when I come to actually play?

Haven't played yet (haven't played Odyssey at ALL actually, too much guff going on in real life) and can't help but notice all the issues going on, but one thing I think everyone can agree on and certainly should acknowledge is the absolute SHIFT that Sally is putting in today. The rather... er, underwhelming "roadmap" promised better communication, and by jebus she's taking it on herself to deliver just that.

Really, really, really great stuff. 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Top Bottom