Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 4

o7,
great job, the game start to be playable ( i mean on planets, settlements... ).
With my setup ( i7 4790K@4400mhz , gtx1080@2000mhz gdram@11000mhz, ddr3 1600@2000mhz playing on three screens res: 5900X1080 )
In space 120/170 fps
On foot 25/40fps....
BUT it's definitely better with patch 4.
Common Frontier! A bit more and it will be perfect.
A bit more from 25/40 fps will be perfect? You have low standards my friend.

Dear Sally.... About those CODEX values...

As mentioned in a previous post, there are a lot of Zeros in the new Cmdr codex data where there shouldn't be. I initially assumed this was due to a simple disconnect between the Codex display and our Cmdr files. I've done some testing, and I do not think this is problem. I think the problem lies in how/what actions the game is actually recording. So, at present, the Codex is displaying the following:

1. Financial transactions - suit/weapon purchases, goods/data sales
2. Suit/Weapon upgrade & engineering
3. All Exo-biology stats
4. Distance travelled in Apex
5. Combat in low-CZs

The Codex is showing Zero for everything else (Odyssey related) - all crime stats, all scavenging/repair stats, all combat in med/hgh CZs. This appears to be due to the game not actually recording these actions properly - not because today is day 1 of the new Codex stats, because some are actually in there. So, I just went and did 2 med-CZs, won them, collected the combat bonds at Frontline, and relogged. My med-CZ stats still read zero and my Mercenary rank did not move. If the game is not properly recording actions, then sorting this will also sort two other outstanding bugs...

1. Can't unlock Hero by comleting med or high CZs, because the game isn't recording those action properly
2. Mercenary Rank doesn't seem to move, because the game is not recording scavenger kills or med/high CZs properly

I'll go back and kill some civilians later (for science), but I expect that record in my Codex will remain at Zero too.
To add on to this, in hopes that it's actually addressed since my early comment was ignored (page 3 I believe), probably due to the connection issues people were having so I won't fault you all too much, but another effect from the combat bonds stat being broken is that newer players who have yet to unlock Juri can not do so and thus that also blocks the engineers that are dependent on his 3 1/3 rep in order to unlock, such as The Sarge. This isn't just an EDO issue, its an EDH issue too. And to add on to their comment even more, it's supposedly been broken since launch, so the fact it hasn't been addressed is quite concerning. Overall, there was nothing in the current log addressing a supposed focus of this week's update: "Codex CMDR stats", so are you just going to ignore what you told us and keep a bug that is prohibiting players from unlocking game content.

I kind want to report this as a “bug“ when you land at a station the UI is always on Launch which for me as a trader on “autopilot“ obviously not the ideal “first click” instead of Fuel…

Thanks for the huge update and fixes.
Cant wait for next update and hope the bug with missing containers in settlements (threadlevel 0) is or will be fixed soon.
Someone told me the container might be in PWR building and I should scan another permission ID.
I dont think that this is the case at thread level 0.
Is it really right, that you get things in the settlement only listet on terminals when you have a higher ID?

Greetings Commanders!

At approximately 07:00 UTC / 08:00 BST today, we have deployed 'Update 4' to address a number of issues and implement some quality tweaks and
--- snip ---
Deep breath...

UI

Thank you. This is starting to look better and better. I can see why you needed to take a deep breath. :)

Last edited:
Here's hoping the next few days will be better than the last!

But um, why the new pop-up saying 'route cancelled' or somethin like that every time I arrive at my plotted course system now? Is that a new bug or just an annoying 'new feature'?

Its summer and my PC overheats with running odyssey. Seems like i will come back in winter. Thank you very much, FDEV, for breaking my habit to play elite dangerous!

recommended 2.png

RECOMMENDED SPECS
Seriously? That's INCOMPETENCE.

Good and bad news for SLI users: SLI seems to no longer crash Odyssey, but FPS are still lower than with one card disabled. And they are still terrible to begin with. Definitely running the current CG in Horizons, even if that doesn't count towards the new Elite ranks.....which I should have anyway with 18 billion combined profits from trading and mining over the years.

A big thanks to the Devs for making the system map easier- as an explorer I can find all info I need with one click now- before the update I needed three :)

We're seeing some WEIRD behaviour with the "station" menu interface when you're docked - inconsistent placement of the current selection, changing from launch, to starport services randomly. Also not responding correctly to inputs.

as per this error report

(ps it was fine as it was before ;-) might be an idea to put it back how it was)

possible related to this line in the patch notes:

• Set default focus to "starport services" on docking menu.

We're seeing some WEIRD behaviour with the "station" menu interface when you're docked - inconsistent placement of the current selection, changing from launch, to starport services randomly. Also not responding correctly to inputs.

as per this error report

(ps it was fine as it was before ;-) might be an idea to put it back how it was)

possible related to this line in the patch notes:

• Set default focus to "starport services" on docking menu.
Confirmed and contributed to the report.

I like that system information and body description panels open automatically in the system map. However, quickly selecting a body and moving the mouse a bit too early creates a bug where mouse movements move the camera around instead of the cursor. That's new with this update. I'm currently too busy to report it though, so if nobody has done it already...

Bit disappointed that crystals only dropping rank 1 raw mats is still not fixed, it's a known bug since Odyssey came out and has been reported multiple times :/ It's borderline game breaking.

Top Bottom