Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 6

Still downloading, but i have a question: how FSR settings work with supersampling settings? Are they mutually exclusive?
I'm asking because as far as i know FSR does already render with a lower resolution, so i'm not sure how those options works together since Sally mentioned lowering supersampling too
How fsr should work is leave supersampling at 1.0 and select your level of fsr you are happy with

As far as i know it was the "old" tech, don't know if it'd be of any use with FSR
Should be, fsr will possibly make things look blurry depending on what level you have chosen and cas can be used to sharpen the image again

So disappointed with this update! No optimization to make it so the game runs well in settlements and on foot without applying an amd band aid to turn down the resolution to below your monitors settings then upscaling. Which makes the game look terrible by the way. Was holding out hope we would see some performance optimizations but no :( :( :( I hope it gets there eventually I think I will just go back to missing playing until performance actually improves :( :(

Ok guys, for those who played 1:1 to native resolution you broke the game. Now it does the same 60 fps limited as it was, but with much worse image. I don't care it can do 144 fps now, because I have 60 fps monitor and can't read texts again.

Apparently the AMD FSR made everything look...blurry. And that came from a PC that use RTX 3070...
Other than that, using normal Supersampling (X2.0) still look normal for me.

Sadly it seems the vanity camera changes do not allow it to pass through windows to take pictures, which is a shame.
That kind of makes sense, given how it feels like it was implemented - I took my profile pic with the new camera, and I appreciated how walking forward actually pushed the camera back....

Ok guys, for those who played 1:1 to native resolution you broke the game. Now it does the same 60 fps limited as it was, but with much worse image. I don't care it can do 144 fps now, because I have 60 fps monitor and can't read texts again.
you can just put on 1-1 supersampling

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Is there no option to just disable FSR in the graphics menu?

@sallymorganmoore this is quite killing, please either make it optional or remove it completely - clearing a big locker will be a real pita, especially when one has to do it while the NPC is not looking
Yep, this is a MASSIVE goof.

It now takes AGES to loot stuff... I understand the intention, but seriously, I know what I am clicking on. Make it an option, leave it on by default by all means, but it must be optional, it is already crazy time wise getting all the stuff you need.

FSR works GREAT to render the ship cockpit and the everything outside the ship, but the text quality of HUD is a bit annoying.
Of course, the text quality is way better than the normal super-sampling mode, but I think that it is still not enough as we can easily notice unclear edges of the text.

This could be a technically infeasible opinion (as I'm not a graphics engineer..),
but it would be great if we can selectively apply the super-sampling process.
That is, HUD is rendered in the native resolution and all others are super-sampled using FSR.
Then I'm pretty sure that I'll cannot distinguish full-native-resolution rendering and such hybrid FSR result.

The FSR is no where near the quality of the normal settings, it does provide an extra 5-10 fps, but the amount of quality degradation even at high quality is absolutely not worth it. I tried, but i went back to normal settings after 5 minutes. guys you need to work on the optimization of the game before anything else, it is one of the main reasons a lot of CMDRs are not flying right now, Cheers!

Last edited:
Top Bottom