Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 6

With FSR set to Ultra Quality:

View attachment 253202

With Normal set to 1.0 (no supersampling):

View attachment 253203

When my HUD is blurry even on the highest setting I think calling that setting Ultra Quality is a bit misleading. I would have to agree with those asking for old CAS back. FSR might be an improvement for those who were running supersampling below 1.0 (i.e. upscaling), particularly on very high resolution UHD screens, but for those running at native resolutions I'm not convinced the slight FPS boost is worth the noticeable drop in quality.
What is your native resolution? The lower it is, the worse FSR will perform. And yes, I dont think it is intended for situations where native has sufficient FPS. :)

Found the Rage of the Week Topic!

Stealing from settlements is now painful. Its terrible to hold the button over and over and over. This needs to be hotfixed out, thank God I have all the items I need but poor sods who can now start the process with the improved performance. Its pure torture. :D
This is teaching you not to to steal. Stop being naughty then :p

A quick clarification. If you are using FSR, it's not rendering natively. That's pretty much the point to improve the performance. Unfortunately FSR is not magic.

To be honest without a "Digital Foundry" like comparison with native vs FSR modes which would differ for still images and in motion. Everyone is going to have a subjective opinion on it. I would expect native resolution to always look better than FSR in its current implementation.

From most of the FSR comparison videos online, very few recommend using FSR or DLSS if you are running a 1080p screen.

Have a look at something like;

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDJxBykV1C0
FSR looks worse than native, bit if natives runs fine you wouldn't use it anyway. You need to compare it to other solutions you might use when native doesn't run well enough.

And for me it looks better and runs better than SS plus CAS.

A quick clarification. If you are using FSR, it's not rendering natively. That's pretty much the point to improve the performance. Unfortunately FSR is not magic.

To be honest without a "Digital Foundry" like comparison with native vs FSR modes which would differ for still images and in motion. Everyone is going to have a subjective opinion on it. I would expect native resolution to always look better than FSR in its current implementation.

Sure I should have meant I set the Display res to 4K with whatever AMD FSR does to that, it certainly feels like native 4K (without the side-by-side comparison) and has that sharp 4K look that was missing when I was forced to use 2K stretched on my 4K monitor previously! I am pretty impressed for my rig (old GTX 1080) and look forward to future iterations of this AMD stuff.

Planetary tech looks great but I'm still getting poor FPS at bases and at stations. The only acceptable levels of FPS I'm getting is when I drop into a random spot on a planet with no NPC's or buildings.

Do you have all of the peripherals plugged in that are in your controls? The game gets confused and selects the default control method if not. It also does when you swap between Horizons and Odyssey.

Either was you should be able to go into the controls and select Custom from the drop down menu.
My mistake ... changed spring on x-56 joystick last night and forgot to plug it back in. :( I need to stop drinking late at night. ;)

Sadly it seems the vanity camera changes do not allow it to pass through windows to take pictures, which is a shame.

Texts, ship gui is annoying blurring again. I think ... you had to draw it after AMD thing applied in native resolution, then it could work.
Build 600 was just perfect out of all.

Hello!! Got an eye on this. Let me know if it's really, really consistent. May be a "heavy load" situation with the current happenings.
Sally, I figured I try again during lunch still got the same error...

Attachments

• 7292021.1115am Black Adder error.jpg
    7292021.1115am Black Adder error.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 52
Top Bottom