Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 8 / Horizons Update | 27 October discussion

I have a mission...

View attachment 271217
And I can deliver him the stuff over and over but he doesn't actually take the goods/complete the mission. He also seems to be having some... rendering issues

View attachment 271218

Thanks for the details!! o7

Same. I Bootis, Dustbowl, Arya's Prospect... "I have a package for you" NPC responds thank you, and I still have the package. Rinse, Repeat.

EDIT: Exit to main menu, relogged in, and it worked.

@sallymorganmoore
Source: https://i.imgur.com/11Mhmz3.jpg

I think she is vampire, because does not use helmet in vacuum. Also she stays there like ...just relaxing around in vacuum :D Shouldn't she run into building or so? :D
I suspect this is related to a problem I had the other day (before ud 8): I had a fetch mission to a settlement, and it said to collect the item from container #N IN the XYZ building. However, looking for the item in a terminal did not show the item in the building. I got desperate and tried every building. It turned out the container was outside, but under the awning of said building.

@sallymorganmoore This may be of some help.

Also, I've been doing some delivery missions (not bad, and the smuggling ones add a little spice (got scanned just after clicking the delivery button)).
However, I had trouble getting the mission status to stay on screen (had to reboard and disembark from my ship), and then I had this:
Screenshot_0825.jpg

Fortunately, I had already done a few delivery missions to know that the target doesn't move around a lot, so it didn't take too much to figure out that my first guess was incorrect.

If it wasn't for the fact I've had this exact problem a few times before up8 (in assassination missions), I'd suspect the mission startup issue (that was for this mission). It looks like a little more care needs to be taken when generating names for the extras.

Also, just to get it into this tread, as I mentioned in the schedule thread, it is no longer possible to target an NPC via the on-foot contacts panel (the sound still plays when selecting the NPC, but the NPC is not targeted). This was a really nice ability. [edit],sorry, notes thread: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/elite-dangerous-odyssey-update-8-notes.592174/post-9575185

In summary:
  1. There seems to be issues with detecting inside/outside buildings (additional info for another person's report)
  2. Mission status gets removed from the screen (I've had this a lot since ud7 (6?), seems to always be some info panel getting above the mission status), boarding and disembarking again sometimes fixes it (may take a few goes).
  3. Duplicate mission targets in a settlement.
  4. On-foot contacts panel broke (can't select targets)

Last edited:
There seems to be issues with detecting inside/outside buildings (additional info for another person's report)
Hmm...just thinking, it could be restricted area behind her, and as mission was simple delivery system moved her to closest "cell" outside restricted, i.e. to fresh vacuum :D

Hmm, has anybody found any of the basic fetch missions? They seem to have been completely replaced by the personal delivery and collection missions.

These.
I saw them in Ody, I recall commenting previously how the stars seemed to have improved too.

But now I'm noticing them rotate with the camera (and thus, wrongly so) obvs, not so easy to see in a screenshot or 3

gas and dust does the same when you tilt your head (if you have head tracking) it has been an annoyance for me forever in horizons too. Just plain sloppy.

When I drop out of supercruise now I've noticed that while the ship decelerates as usual, the engine trails continue traveling ahead of the ship at several KM/sec (presumably the speed you're initially at on SC exit). They also hook in random directions independent of each other while doing so, which would require violent disassembly of the ship to pull off were they still coming out of the thrusters.

trails.jpg

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
When I drop out of supercruise now I've noticed that while the ship decelerates as usual, the engine trails continue traveling ahead of the ship at several KM/sec (presumably the speed you're initially at on SC exit). They also hook in random directions independent of each other while doing so, which would require violent disassembly of the ship to pull off were they still coming out of the thrusters.

View attachment 271519

Hello! Got quite a number of feedback notes on the trails, so this totally helps too. Thank you o7

Thank you! Grabbed this info.
I don't want to mud the info, but I had taken a reactivation mission from People Of Colonia (I can't remember the settlement but it was in Colonia system) on the 23rd (Edit: i.e before patch 8) and nothing showed up when I inserted the regulator in the cradle. I had to re-shutdown power to the station, remove and re-insert the regulator for the "Power on the Settlement" to get a tick and "Leave the settlement" to appear.
I haven't taken another such mission since, so it was just that one.

Last edited:
When mining materials(no fragments) keep stucking inside asteroid thus destroying limpets trying to get them.
It seems that either they don't have colliders, or their colliders are set to not interact with the asteroid collider (or are not set to interact (same result, different default)).

If they are mixed it's a good thing.
Odyssey was too disconnected from the main game
Since the main objection to the mixing is that it takes up precious reward slots, perhaps it would be good to have four reward options: credits, inf/rep, ship mat, foot mat.

Top Bottom