Elite Dangerous PS4 Feature Requests and PS4 FAQ

Unfortunately we don't even know if and when it'll be available on PS5, period... That may be as much Sony's doing as Frontier's. Perhaps we'll hear more once PS5 is officially announced later this year.

In an interview with Wired last month* Mark Cerny confirmed that PS5 will be backwards compatible with PS4 games, largely because the new console is based on the same architecture. So, as long as FDev still support ED on PS4 it should also run on PS5 - unless FDev have done some really weird coding. Whether that means it'll show any performance improvement on PS5 with out any tweaking remains to be seen, but I would hope the quoted similarity of architecture will at least mean it's relatively easy for Frontier to create a dedicated PS5 version of ED.

Here's hoping anyway.

* Wired article, 16th April 2019

Last edited:
Can bounties be made more lucrative by bringing the person to a detention center? Make it possible to use a hatch breaker to pull out a life pod with the bounty, store in an empty ship slot and deliver.

Could frontier please put the oxygen timer on the modules screen when you are on the life support page, especially when thinking about repairing it.

Can you please increase the variety of voices at stations? it seems that there are only 3 different voices and / or accents. 1 female american, 1 male american, 1 male american with russian accent.

I mean, the humanity has spreaded over the galaxy!

But it feels like, there is ONE artifical intelligence speaking to me through 3 different voices.

ED looks great... and you can reach so many locations ... but from the audio / voice perspective it feels like a sterile box.

Can you please increase the variety of voices at stations? it seems that there are only 3 different voices and / or accents. 1 female american, 1 male american, 1 male american with russian accent.

I mean, the humanity has spreaded over the galaxy!

But it feels like, there is ONE artifical intelligence speaking to me through 3 different voices.

ED looks great... and you can reach so many locations ... but from the audio / voice perspective it feels like a sterile box.
There are others you haven't heard then.
There is a Yorkshire lass, an Indian lady, and I'm sure there is a Scottish bloke too. Possibly others, I can't remember but the engineer bases are different too.

There are others you haven't heard then.
There is a Yorkshire lass, an Indian lady, and I'm sure there is a Scottish bloke too. Possibly others, I can't remember but the engineer bases are different too.
Yes. But my feature request is: "Can you please increase the variety of those voices?"

How about the use of 2 controllers for one pilot?

Ok, so there are a lot of functions to map to a single controller. I’m forever trying to perfect my perfect mapping. One of the issues I have is that you do of course have to start binding more than one ‘button’ to a function.

I’m a heavy handed player and not a little clumsy and very often, particularly during combat, I will accidentally hit 2 buttons bound for some function or other. Up until the last update I believe ‘Alternate Controls’ we’re automatically mapped to L3, I was forever activating this during combat.

Having a second controller by my side I could set all sorts of secondary functions to it. I’m thinking of things like switching cockpit modes, lights, night vision, headlock, FSS, DSS. All these would be one button pushes on a second controller by my side. Like a side panel.

Eh, you can listen to the radio with Spotify.

Spotify can kiss my controller. If you don’t pay you get slammed with adverts. The artist receives basically nothing, fine I suppose if you’re Pink Floyd, terrible if you’re a new ‘local heroes’ band.

When I did try Spotify, it kept crashing my game, mixing the songs up (like renaming them) and was generally a mess.

Top Bottom