Modes Elite Dangerous PvE vs PvP and who needs a Solo play if you had PvE server

I am a PvP player.
I do not and never will apologize about it. Yes I would love to enjoy all other aspects of ED but the way I see the game, the only one thing that is fully developed are ship vs ship battles. That is the meat and bone of this game. Every other activity is only a filler for me personally. I do not enjoy holding a scan button down to become elite explorer I do not enjoy making rout A to B X times to become elite trader. What I enjoy is ship vs ship fights as they are the only fully well developed mechanic in the game. As the best opponents are others like me I want some way some reason and some benefits for us to meat and enter PvP activities or else the only thing that is left for me is to go after every possible random player in Open Play that makes no sense neither for me or my victim.

Please learn from what exists already if you want to ED to continue to claim the title of an MMO.
Every other MMO has both PvP and PvE or only PvP servers. Even games like Warframe that started like only co-op games created pvp arenas. ED arena is a stand alone game that is not the same game as elite dangerous and no one is playing it so do not refer that here ever.
ED's biggest mistake is that they have the open play that is the equivalent of PvP server or the only server in EvE online. I AGREE most of us do not play Eve because of that reason. But why have a Solo play option instead of PvE play where Commanders cannot attack each other? How hard was it to make that one thing that would have fixed every problem you meet now to defend people vs evil doers.
PvE players are spitting on us since we are ruining their game, while no one realize that the Solo play should have been just a PvE server and not that in Open play there should be 0 hostility in a game called Elite DANGEROUS.

My experience in ED vs every other game is that
I am forced to fight people that don't want it. I have 0 options for legitimate pvp play without negatives for training and I Get Zero benefits for doing anything PvP related. Major draw back is that everyone can just pull the plug and get out.

I repeat in elite dangerous all you have to do is pull the plug to get out ... How is that not an insult to every serious PvP player?

Last I have never killed anyone that have not shot at me back or was just trying to escape.

He is better to me alive and well but armed to the teeth next time we meat.
I just want to now what other PvP players are doing here not go in discussion what is right and who's to blame.

Commanders Please share your PvP Experience in Elite Dangerous.

Do you like the idea of PvE play instead of Solo play or as an extra alternative?
Do you want more ... I mean any PvP activities in the game?
What PvP activities do you do right now?

I am asking the community not the Developers there for this is not a future suggestion this is a discussion.

And remember commanders to fly safe, you must not only be Elite, but there has to also be Danger.
CMDR Jordan in Space

I do not know if this was replied to as I did not read all the 45 pages of replies, but there IS a PvP dedicated game in Elite, despite the crybabies and carebears not agreeing with it, it is PowerPlay. PowerPlay was created as a consensual PvP part of the game and that is what we do, almost every PowerPlay player group has a PvP department, we organise CAPs (Combat Air Patrol) when our haulers are hauling, we send our PvPers to attack our enemies when we know they are Undermining or Hualing and each power blockade the other power's HQ. And recently a lot of powers have been enforcing the open only for their player groups (huge respect to every power that has been doing this from the start: ALD, Hudson, Winters, Patreus...) and we are starting to see really epic battles, come join.

I do not know if this was replied to as I did not read all the 45 pages of replies, but there IS a PvP dedicated game in Elite, despite the crybabies and carebears not agreeing with it, it is PowerPlay. PowerPlay was created as a consensual PvP part of the game and that is what we do, almost every PowerPlay player group has a PvP department, we organise CAPs (Combat Air Patrol) when our haulers are hauling, we send our PvPers to attack our enemies when we know they are Undermining or Hualing and each power blockade the other power's HQ. And recently a lot of powers have been enforcing the open only for their player groups (huge respect to every power that has been doing this from the start: ALD, Hudson, Winters, Patreus...) and we are starting to see really epic battles, come join.
Is that true? Are there actually PvP fights in PowerPlay now?

I played PP years ago, back when I first joined ED, and it was appalled at the efforts of PvE players to derail it via 5thC and solo. My game group all refunded after a discussion thread I made and I eventually left.

Is there actual PvP in PP? Only came back to see what spacelegs was about but this is interesting

Why are live players marked with a separate icon in the game on the ship's radar? The player is the same person as the NPC, the player's ship is the same as the NPC's ship, why do we have a different designation on the radar? I think it's much better to blend in with the crowd) After all, now the appearance of an empty marker on the radar is a red rag for Ganker.

Is that true? Are there actually PvP fights in PowerPlay now?

I played PP years ago, back when I first joined ED, and it was appalled at the efforts of PvE players to derail it via 5thC and solo. My game group all refunded after a discussion thread I made and I eventually left.

Is there actual PvP in PP? Only came back to see what spacelegs was about but this is interesting
There has been PvP in PP ever since I joined 3 years ago (and form what I've heard even before), and we have PvP battles every week, some of them on a large scale. Of course, we still have the 5C issue which sadly Fdev has done nothing about, and we still have PP CMDRs doing Powerplay in solo (which is unethical; and totally not what Powerplay was created for, but again Fdev still refuse to do anything about this)

Why are live players marked with a separate icon in the game on the ship's radar? The player is the same person as the NPC, the player's ship is the same as the NPC's ship, why do we have a different designation on the radar? I think it's much better to blend in with the crowd) After all, now the appearance of an empty marker on the radar is a red rag for Ganker.
It is much easier to kill an NPC than a player, It is actually a good thing to know when real players are in an instance, this way we can plan accordingly (especially those of us who are not good at PvP fight)

There has been PvP in PP ever since I joined 3 years ago (and form what I've heard even before), and we have PvP battles every week, some of them on a large scale. Of course, we still have the 5C issue which sadly Fdev has done nothing about, and we still have PP CMDRs doing Powerplay in solo (which is unethical; and totally not what Powerplay was created for, but again Fdev still refuse to do anything about this)

Sick, I'm going to have to check it out. I was looking at The Code because I really like the idea of polite petty piracy, but then I'm not too sure if they're really into PP.

Which factions are really active?

Any read today's patch notes?

network.png

I love how Frontier keep improving player choice over who they interact and play with in-game.

Oh as for PowerPlay, the word "consensual" means an awful lot. As anyone can PowerPlay in Solo or just block people they do not consent to PvP with while they play.
PP wasn't just added for the PvP'ers so please stop spreading that myth. It was added for everyone.

/happydance

Attachments

• network.png
    network.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 208
Imagine getting excited over a block feature 😂

Because I warned people Frontier would do it.
And they did.

In fact, this is the 2nd time they've improved the feature, the 1st was when they combined the chat block with the instance block and now they made it easier to remove unwanted people from your gameplay experience.

I keep telling a certain class of player that their actions only serve to make Elite: Dangerous a better PvE game.

Though good news for actual, real PvP'ers. You can now queue for CQC while playing the main game and not have to sit in a lobby.
So with luck that will get more folks interested in it.

Because I warned people Frontier would do it.
And they did.

In fact, this is the 2nd time they've improved the feature, the 1st was when they combined the chat block with the instance block and now they made it easier to remove unwanted people from your gameplay experience.

I keep telling a certain class of player that their actions only serve to make Elite: Dangerous a better PvE game.

Though good news for actual, real PvP'ers. You can now queue for CQC while playing the main game and not have to sit in a lobby.
So with luck that will get more folks interested in it.
Meh, whatever.

The CQC queuing on game is a step in the right direction though.
See my post on how CQC should be implemented if you're interested.

Top Bottom