Elite Dangerous | Update 18.06 | Thargoid War overhaul |Tuesday 28 May 2024

No actual mention of Research samples beyond calling them an outlier, so I presume it is more a case of all the other actions we would prefer to be doing having been increased in efficacy!
You know how much more effective sampling is. Given that it is unlikely that all other activities were buffed. That would lead to a very short war.

Oh Joy. Another 5+ hrs of downtime and a weekend of endless pilot federation emails about Thargoids. Zzzzz.

Get it over with soon please.

Meanwhile those out in the black get to see no changes and improvements to gameplay

Oh Joy. Another 5+ hrs of downtime and a weekend of endless pilot federation emails about Thargoids. Zzzzz.

Get it over with soon please.

Meanwhile those out in the black get to see no changes and improvements to gameplay

That is a you thing then.
I enjoy the content and dread its ending and going back to mundane BGS cargo shipping or whatever boring thing they do with Powerplay

These changes will take effect with the release of 18.06 on Tuesday 28th May.

Release Schedule

• 08:00 - Live/4.0 Servers offline for update
  • 12:00 - Servers Online and Update available
Please note that these times are subject to change.

??? UTC (game time) or BST ???

Holy macaroni, that's one heck of a deep-dive, thorough, and focused review you guys did into Thargoid mechanics.

I'll fanboy some here and say, whoever is pushing the buttons and pulling the strings now, thank you. Love for the game has returned :)

Edit: "dive"

Last edited:
You know how much more effective sampling is. Given that it is unlikely that all other activities were buffed. That would lead to a very short war.
That's what the post says, though - all other activities buffed. The war is on its final phase, and Frontier is taking the steps to ensure the final titans progress don't end up stuck - including making the system scaling linear and ensuring the peripheries are always useful.

I agree, those out in the black need gameplay improvements, why are there no Thargoids out in the black to give them some excellent gameplay, make it so, FD!

I found this Thargoid sensor 70 ly from Sagittarius A* the other day, so they're out they're somewhere...

1000019764.jpg

Pop back to the bubble to engineer yourself an SCO drive and you'll see where your gameplay improvements went. 😉 Srsly it's a godsend for exobiology.
I might pick one up for my System miner, and Trit hauler, But having a FC + 30 Billion credit balance means I really don't need to worry about speeding about gathering data on bugs and systems

Top Bottom