Elite Dangerous | Update 18.06 | Thargoid War overhaul |Tuesday 28 May 2024

I've entered AX world a month or two ago, and finally made my first dedicated bomber (Krait Mk II) with G5s and all the bells n' whistles, and managed only one bombing run on Hadad before it went boom.

Now I'm scratching my head... if we'll have only three more Titans to kill, will the bombers became obsolete?
There's 4 more Titans, but yes once they're gone the bomber would likely be obsolete, barring some new content.

If I ever bump into some Oresrians, I’ll check their thorax markings and the shape of the fourth joint on each hind leg, then see what their reaction is when I say they’re Thargoids 😁

In the context of the original Elite, almost certainly - there were several.
Interesting, I got the impression he was giving bravo sierra to keep the younger character from panicking.

Perhaps, to alleviate the FOMO, the most logical course for FD to follow is to remove the 'reward' for participating in the fall of a Titan within a time window?
That would instantly stop the complaints, and may even remove suggestions about having Arx be a remedy for anything by the very cynical?
I guess the decals are already produced, so it would be a shame to not make use of them. At least in the ARX store, maybe? :p

Thorax markings? Leg joints? Too much chitin on show, who lets them go out dressed like that? I do hope they wear clothes, knowing I'd been blowing up spaceships full of nude aliens just feels nasty.

Interesting, I got the impression he was giving bravo sierra to keep the younger character from panicking.
I hadn't considered that, but it could certainly be read that way - for a very different setting and interpretation of the Thargoid war and perhaps a more interesting one to the conventional ones...

Further evidence case for "they were Oresrians":
- About 1/16 of planets in the original Elite had "Insect" inhabitants (often with some preceding adjectives)
- the Pilots manual confirms the existence of other intelligent Insects and gives advice on trading with them

Case for "they weren't Oresrians":
- the system Oresri exists in Chart 1 in Elite; it is inhabited by Rodents rather than any form of Insect.
- given exactly how they're being set up in that transaction...

Reiterating a question here, worded more concisely:

Does the two-tier Titan resistance account for Commanders who can only join the assault on weekends, perhaps by still allowing one to secure two million Credits prior, or by the assault lasting a bit longer?

Does the two-tier Titan resistance account for Commanders who can only join the assault on weekends, perhaps by still allowing one to secure two million Credits prior, or by the assault lasting a bit longer?
I think the award figure should be properly reflected. I.e. if you damage a Titan to 3 units, one damage will cost (there's a word almost there) about 10 credits. Calculate how many runs you need to make to get to 2 million.

But I don't think it's worth worrying about, because by my standards people can't weaken Titan at all anymore.

Paul_Crowther

Senior Community Manager
Frontier

Though it may take some effort, the intent is that it is entirely possible to get the required credits in time, even if you only join during the weekend assault.

Though it may take some effort, the intent is that it is entirely possible to get the required credits in time, even if you only join during the weekend assault.
Maybe I'm the only one who doesn't get it. I wonder if anyone else remembers when the assault on Hadad began and when it ended? Hint: my weekend started later.

Were you given a sticker and cosmetics for the next ship for destroying Hadad? I didn't find any information about this on the site. Did I miss it?

Top Bottom