News Elite: Dangerous will support Oculus Rift

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Haha. I'd pay to have it collected and delivered back a week later :)

So have you considered how you are going how you are going to stream KerrashEDOR.TV yet?

Yeah sorry, it is permanently attached to me; sorry ;) :p

I have got a channel set-up here: Kerrash Landing where I have been live streaming some FE2 content for a week. I will carry on using that unless I find something better.

If I can stream in OR mode I will probably go for fullscreen capture so that anyone with a OR that is watching could see my POV; instead of like some people that capture just one eye.

Yeah sorry, it is permanently attached to me; sorry ;) :p

I have got a channel set-up here: Kerrash Landing where I have been live streaming some FE2 content for a week. I will carry on using that unless I find something better.

If I can stream in OR mode I will probably go for fullscreen capture so that anyone with a OR that is watching could see my POV; instead of like some people that capture just one eye.

I was think of streaming both channels specifically for people with OR (or perhaps any other kind of binocular system). I imagine the barf potential is pretty damned high though. *green

I was think of streaming both channels specifically for people with OR (or perhaps any other kind of binocular system). I imagine the barf potential is pretty damned high though. *green

Yeah it is, I tried to watch some footage of the EVE VR demo. Could not watch long :eek: *puke*

illu Minti

Deadly, But very fluffy...
I finally got round to editing the reaction video of me and Fozza playing with the rift at Elite Meet.

http://youtu.be/0-YMVjsK8oI

I was also depressed to notice how far my hair has receded :(

That was excellent John and so funny to watch to(sick! lol) i hope more people put clips up like this as the game comes along, watching the rift was interesting as well as funny, and catching a glimpse of the x52 j/s in action was cool, didnt know it was so big!
Great clip again mate :)

I finally got round to editing the reaction video of me and Fozza playing with the rift at Elite Meet.

http://youtu.be/0-YMVjsK8oI

I was also depressed to notice how far my hair has receded :(

Personally I think hair is highly overrated mate. ;)

Great clips, pity we didn't get a glimpse of the fps screen though.

Is it only me that thinks the OR needs a pair of eyes stuck on the front?

*I loved the way the people behind you tried politely not to laugh when Fozza was leaning further and further back too.

Last edited:
Would those who have an Occulus Rift advise on wether to buy a dev kit now for ED, or wait until the finished product?

The idea is intruiging, and it's a toy I'd like to have - but would the money be better spent on the final thing?

Would those who have an Occulus Rift advise on wether to buy a dev kit now for ED, or wait until the finished product?

The idea is intruiging, and it's a toy I'd like to have - but would the money be better spent on the final thing?

It's a great toy and if you can afford to replace the dev kit with a consumer unit then go for it. If not, I'd probably wait as the consumer kit will be significantly better.

"Butterfly!" ... classic. :D

Me thinks that joystick needed calibrating for the Anteworld flying there. :) You should of had them playing Superman, flying from mountain to mountain, now that would have caused a reaction. lol

From an environmentalists perspective, don't buy anything you will want to replace later on. The old Dev Kit will be thrown aside to gather dust. But for each of these units a little piece of climate was sacrificed together with the resources to make it, i.e. energy and oil for its plastic parts, metal ores etc.

I would call that an unnecessary wastefulness.

Definitely wait for the consumer kit. I have tried the HD prototype as well and it will be worth the wait.

The only reason I have bought the Dev Kit now is to either sell it on later (I will probably end up giving it to my little sis, who loves it ;) )

"Butterfly!" ... classic. :D ...

That is the best thing about the OR, you end up staring at the most mundane things in sheer awe and delight all over again :D

That is the best thing about the OR, you end up staring at the most mundane things in sheer awe and delight all over again :D

Indeed. I think the OR has a very real chance of reinvigorating some genres, especially the graphical adventures such as Myst. I notice Obduction reached its stretch goal for OR support.

Elite Dangerous on the Oculus Rift

This is the best news Ive heard all year, and possibly the most exciting news Ive heard since I was told myself and my brother were getting a Commodore Amiga for xmas when I was 14 (Im 36 now).

Ive been deving with the OR for a few months now and testing it on games like HL2 and Truck simulator (a surprisingly fun and addictive game) plus some War Thunder, and I can say right now the sense of immersion is incredible, even with the SR definition, and merging the scope of quality gameplay the Elite Dangerous promises with this is a truly salivate inducing prospect.

Is it known if the Decemeber Alpha test will be OR ready??

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom