Release Elite G19s Companion app (with simulated space traffic control)

1) The G13 "sees" it in the app list but it isn't on the G13 LCD to execute. This may just be a matter of not understanding completely how it works. Maybe it starts up once elite actually starts. The G13 config software does say it is available, just doesn't show on the g13 app list on the device. So I start it manually every time.
I think with the list of apps you mean the default list of apps that is available on the G13 display? Hm, to be honest, never thought of that as I usually delete all the default applets to save up some resources on my PC. But it makes sense. Let's see if that's possible, but I believe these apps are always running in memory and that might be a bit too much for my app.
Starting the app separately (for instance by double clicking the desktop shortcut) is the recommended way for now.

2) Today there was an update. I updated. It constantly told me there was an update after install until I finally just said no, don't install the just installed update.
Oops, my bad. Thanks for letting me know, I made a typo on the server causing the app to think there's an update while there is none. Should be fixed now!

I think with the list of apps you mean the default list of apps that is available on the G13 display? Hm, to be honest, never thought of that as I usually delete all the default applets to save up some resources on my PC. But it makes sense. Let's see if that's possible, but I believe these apps are always running in memory and that might be a bit too much for my app.
Starting the app separately (for instance by double clicking the desktop shortcut) is the recommended way for now.
Yes, the default list. I only have the app lister and companion app enabled anyway. So this is apparently working as intended. Which is ok.

Oops, my bad. Thanks for letting me know, I made a typo on the server causing the app to think there's an update while there is none. Should be fixed now!
Cool, thanks.

Firstly a big thanks for creating and maintaining your app - I use it all the time with my G13. If there's a way to support your efforts by donating to server costs I think it's time you reminded us.

Here's my feature request: Spotify situational playlists. ie. trigger a specific Spotify playlist instead of EDs default music. I know the commander journal supports it as I toyed with the idea of developing something myself. I envisioned creating a set of specially named playlists in Spotify, eg. 'ED: Exploration' which is then triggered whenever a Music log entry is created:
{"timestamp":"2018-10-07T22:59:42Z","event":"Music","MusicTrack":"Exploration"}

Even though I really like Erasmus Talbot's score I've been playing so long I had to turn it off after it became too repetitive.

Firstly a big thanks for creating and maintaining your app - I use it all the time with my G13. If there's a way to support your efforts by donating to server costs I think it's time you reminded us.

Here's my feature request: Spotify situational playlists. ie. trigger a specific Spotify playlist instead of EDs default music. I know the commander journal supports it as I toyed with the idea of developing something myself. I envisioned creating a set of specially named playlists in Spotify, eg. 'ED: Exploration' which is then triggered whenever a Music log entry is created:
{"timestamp":"2018-10-07T22:59:42Z","event":"Music","MusicTrack":"Exploration"}

Even though I really like Erasmus Talbot's score I've been playing so long I had to turn it off after it became too repetitive.
I created a VoiceAttack profile with mood music events. That events use spotify or YouTube playlist of elite g19s companion.

Is in spanish but If you want know something more, you can visit my github:

I'm planning to traduce it to English. But I need more time (and English lvl) for this.

I created a VoiceAttack profile with mood music events. That events use spotify or YouTube playlist of elite g19s companion.
Thanks Hoksilato I had a quick look through your repos and it looks interesting. I don't use VA or read Spanish though. I assume I'd need VA to monitor the logs and trigger the playlist?

Yes, when ED log shows a music entry, EDDI Software create an event. Voiceattack look this event with eddi plugin and then use g19s companion plugin for play a song.

If magicmau implement this on their app, will be amazing. The result is awesome too with my VA profile. I have different playlist for space, combat, thargoid and guardian zones, and for base dock. It's really cool play iron maiden when u start a combat :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom