Release Elite G19s Companion app (with simulated space traffic control)

Hello,

Question about Ontopreplica that you recommend. I cannot save the settings so they are persistent. I'm not saying it can't be done, just that I haven't figured it out. The problem is that your rather great app is being wholly overwhelmed by my growing resentment for that - almost abandoned - required software overlay.

I'm asking you because you recommend and use it with your app, and they haven't updated their github since Obama's first term in office.

Please help if possible.

Last edited:
Question about Ontopreplica that you recommend. I cannot save the settings so they are persistent. I'm not saying it can't be done, just that I haven't figured it out. The problem is that your rather great app is being wholly overwhelmed by my growing resentment for that - almost abandoned - required software overlay.
To be honest, I haven't used OnTopReplica in a while, but I have two suggestions that may help you. First of all, there is an option in the app to automatically start OnTopReplica when you start EliteG19s. It will pass in a couple options that you can change manually. This may work around your issue.
You will need to edit the file C:\Users\Praemonitus\AppData\Roaming\EliteG19s\options.json though. See https://apps.magicmau.nl/EliteG19s/Docs/EliteG19s-Manual.html#user-content-OnTopReplicaSettings for more details.

The option to start with OnTopReplica can be found in the app, under Options > Visuals > Window Defaults > Start OnTopReplica on startup.

My second suggestion would be to not use OnTopReplica, but try the built-in "always on top" option. Options > Visuals > Current Window > Always On Top. This will persist across sessions (or it should) and might be the easier solution.
I think you will have to have the game run in borderless windowed mode, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks for the reply, in the end it's all about the opacity. I will try your suggestions, perhaps they might make it more practical to use. Thank you.

Dear MagicMau your programming skills are "Magic" so i asking :
I already asked the eddi team but i am unsure if it has to do with Eddi , i am almost sure that is g19s applet ability so please clarify :
a)When we have passengers on board they make requests of entering a combat zone, asking for some specific item , or informing us of going to the next way-point , changing destination etc..
is there a way of hearing their requests through a script instead of seeing a message?
b)When cargo hauling we receive messages such as incoming enemy or change of destination etc ..
Also is there a way to hear them instead of message ?
I think it's probably trick but one can hope ......

Hi MagicMau, I would like to ask a question. Yesterday as I was exploring the deep space, I suddently heard a traffic voice saying " Hello, is there anybody out there? I am lonely and I need some company" or something like that. It was in a system without population. Is this normal? It happened again sometime ago in another random system I was exploring. I am well outside the bubble.

Hi MagicMau, I would like to ask a question. Yesterday as I was exploring the deep space, I suddently heard a traffic voice saying " Hello, is there anybody out there? I am lonely and I need some company" or something like that. It was in a system without population. Is this normal? It happened again sometime ago in another random system I was exploring. I am well outside the bubble.
It's likely the same as this: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/b8bkvw Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/b8bkvw/psa_elite_g19s_companion_app_has_a/

Hello everyone,

To compliment your Elite G19s experience and instead of using Logitech ARX, I'd suggest setting up your tablet / phone with a free app called spacedesk.

It allows your device to act as an extra screen over wifi. My PC is hardwired and the apps still work via the modem in the other room.

I'm using it on a tablet above my footpedals with it set to the g19s orrery map (the phones to the left and underneath are using ARX)

DSC_0015.JPG

By using Elite g19s natively on your PC to Tablet opposed to ARX, you see the text of voice traffic chatter, there are far more customisation options, the graphics are better and you get the stars animated when you're in hyperspace.

Thanks for making this all possible with your amazing Elite app MagicMau o7. You're a genius

Dear MagicMau your programming skills are "Magic" so i asking :
I already asked the eddi team but i am unsure if it has to do with Eddi , i am almost sure that is g19s applet ability so please clarify :
a)When we have passengers on board they make requests of entering a combat zone, asking for some specific item , or informing us of going to the next way-point , changing destination etc..
is there a way of hearing their requests through a script instead of seeing a message?
b)When cargo hauling we receive messages such as incoming enemy or change of destination etc ..
Also is there a way to hear them instead of message ?
I think it's probably trick but one can hope ......
Ooh, that's a good one, but I'm afraid there does not seem to be an entry in the Journal files that notify the app of this happening. Might be something the devs can add in perhaps. I'll ask around to see where the wish list is these days :)

Top Bottom