Elite Observatory - Search your journal for potentially interesting objects, or notify you of new ones on the fly while exploring!

Sounds nice. Might put some more of the thrill of discovery in Exploration back in the game for me after the ADS was removed. 🤔
Cheers.

o7 CMDRs,

Of late when I am not in VR, every-time a pop-up notification occurs I get thrown out of the game window onto the windows 11 desktop and I can't seem to find the ED Observatory settings to prevent this.

Appreciated,

o7 CMDRs,

Of late when I am not in VR, every-time a pop-up notification occurs I get thrown out of the game window onto the windows 11 desktop and I can't seem to find the ED Observatory settings to prevent this.

Appreciated,

You can set the game window to "windowed" rather than "fullscreen" and that shouldn't happen anymore.

I've moved my EDO install to a new computer and now the popups from Elite Observatory are no longer transparent, is there a fix for this?

Observatory Popup.jpg

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere in this thread, have not read all 74 pages. Is there an explanation of custom alerts anywhere?

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere in this thread, have not read all 74 pages. Is there an explanation of custom alerts anywhere?

You mean alerts you can set yourself for stuff you specifically want? Sure, you can write custom criteria, I have one that alerts me specifically to planets with high oxygen content.

Idea for discussion. Could observatory have a "dashboard" view, i.e. a tab that shows an overview of key information from all the other tabs, an at-a-glance view.

Idea for discussion. Could observatory have a "dashboard" view, i.e. a tab that shows an overview of key information from all the other tabs, an at-a-glance view.
Funny you should mention this...

This is an idea I've been working on recently in a plugin called "Aggregator". A few details/bookmark this link: https://github.com/fredjk-gh/ObservatoryPlugins/wiki#aggregator

There is no release yet because we're working hard to get the next major update of ObsCore ready. I hope to release the first version of this new plugin shortly after this Observatory Core update is released.

Soon (TM)... I'll try to remember to post here once I've got some updates to share!

o7

o7 CMDRs,

Appreciated,
I am very late to the party here, but if you're in VR you can just turn the popup notifications off entirely. You won't see them anyway.

Man, I have really neglected this thread. Need to come here more often.

As Coddiwompler alluded in his last post, there's a huge update coming very soon. I've been working on it for several months at this point, and as of last weekend have made the code for this update public on github and began collaborating with @Cmdr Coddiwompler and @MattG to get it across the finish line.

A number of features people have been asking about for a long time are going to be in there. Including, but not limited to, themes (dark, light, and user defined), sortable columns, a collapsible sidebar, the application having a progress bar for read all rather than just hard locking until its done, and more stuff besides!

Top Bottom