Elite Shipyard

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I noticed that in the tool, all shield generators of the same Size Number have identical optimal and maximum mass values. Is that how they are in-game? Not been able to play for a couple of days but I thought they varied with Class Letter like thrusters.

I noticed that in the tool, all shield generators of the same Size Number have identical optimal and maximum mass values. Is that how they are in-game? Not been able to play for a couple of days but I thought they varied with Class Letter like thrusters.

I noticed this in-game yesterday and it seemed odd. There was basically no listed difference between an E5 and A5 shield generator. I assume there's actually a shield strength stat not being listed which makes all the difference.

Very nice tool btw, it would be great if you could also add purchase locations. The wiki site is listing them, but it would be handy to have everything in one place. Some images wouldn't go amiss either ;)

Awesome tool! But can you correct the actual scan ranges on KWS etc? They are rounded up to the nearest whole number in game.

E = 2km
D = 2.5km
C = 3km
B = 3.5km
A = 4km

Sure -- think it's safe to assume that they've done the same thing to the other scanner ranges, and the sensor module ranges? I noticed that they all seem to go in the same pattern (2,3,3,4,4...) which wouldn't make much sense unless it's rounded (why pay for an upgrade for +0 range?)

Great site!

May I make an observation that the prices seem to be from Beta/Gamma period rather than the current ones?

Eg Cobra is listed at 200K+ CRs instead of the current 350K. Asp is 6.1 mill vs current 6.5 mill etc

The price you see next to the hull is for just the hull, without any of the equipment that comes along with it. But that baseline E-rating equipment does have value, which you get back when you trade it in for something else, so this tool adds it in separately in order to give a better picture of the total price to buy and upgrade a hull to a given set of modules. If you look down at the bottom of the cost column, you should see the expected total for each of the default loadouts (i.e. Asp is 6.1mil itself, but comes to 6.5 after paying for all the standard equipment).

I noticed this in-game yesterday and it seemed odd. There was basically no listed difference between an E5 and A5 shield generator. I assume there's actually a shield strength stat not being listed which makes all the difference.

Very nice tool btw, it would be great if you could also add purchase locations. The wiki site is listing them, but it would be handy to have everything in one place. Some images wouldn't go amiss either ;)

Some folks in another thread worked out the math; there's no indication of it in-game, but each rating level of a shield does add ~7.5% to its effective strength. This is factored in when calculating the strength of a shield, which is shown here in the Attributes column, with a "Str" tag.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom