Engineer blueprints un-pinning themselves?

Before I went out to Colonia I put quite a bit of effort into pinning all the blueprints I need for remote-engineering.

One of the blueprints I pinned was the "light weight armor" blueprint from Selene Jean.

I know it was pinned 'cos I've already used it to G2-mod the MGC armor I fitted to my Python.
After that, I ran low on higher-tier mat's so I thought I'd leave it for a while.

Unlocked Petra Olmanova yesterday.
Used her to mod' the MGC armor I've got fitted to the AspX I bought out here.

Just been collecting mat's, jumped into my Python with the intent of upgrading the armor some more and... no blueprint. [where is it]

If you're in the bubble and a blueprint un-pins itself for some reason, it would be an irritating inconvenience.
When you're in Colonia and you're relying on a blueprint from an engineer in the bubble it's a complete f@*#ing disaster.

Is this a known issue, does it happen often and is there anything that causes it or that I can do to avoid it?

Last edited:
Happened to me before, which led to me WRONGLY stating in your "going to Colonia" thread that when engineers in Colonia level up you need to re-pin blueprints

Depending how much you get around (teehee) this could be a very annoying bug

Last edited:
Yeah, mine keep vanishing.
Dirty Drives 5, from Palin, is always pinned.
But randomly it's gone and I have to fly my DBX or Krait down there to re-pin it.

I'm also getting other issues where it's only pinning "grade 5" of the blueprint, so I can't actually remote engineer any new modules.

Something be borked.

Here is something to test: buy a new sidey, see if it can be remote modded. If it can, your other ship has 'legacy mods'. These need to be converted at an engineer. Only unmodded or 'new engineer style' modules can be remote modded.

Last edited:
Here is something to test: buy a new sidey, see if it can be remote modded. If it can, your other ship has 'legacy mods'. These need to be converted at an engineer. Only unmodded or 'new engineer style' modules can be remote modded.
Also this^^.

I do wish we had an auto covert for legacy modules.

Jeez, thought it was my bad memory forgetting what I pinned but whilst in the Orion Tourist Centre I bought a vulture to just explore in the nebula with something nippy, went to remote eng and everything I thought I'd pinned was there - so yea, could be legacy modules not showing up as options (I have a very haphazard approach to engineering, a lot of stuff is legacy, some upgraded if I had plenty of the mats required, and I have modules scattered all over the bubble).

Just confirming I've had this happen. I always check to make the blueprint is pinned before I leave an engineers system, even then though the blueprint will sometimes vanish if I swap ships (no legacy modules on any of my ships.)

PSA: This is actually part of the new stealth-piracy beta being tested live on the servers - you can board other Cmdrs ships while they are docked. You can't steal the ship or cargo though - all you can do is unpin blueprints. Remember, always check the backseat before disembarking.

Yep, I'm aware of that issue.
Nothing more irritating than transferring/fitting a module, only to find it has a legacy mod' and you either need to schlepp across to an engineer to get it converted or remove the mod' and start again.

In this case, though, I bought a new Python in Colonia, bought a new set of MGC armor for it, remote-engineered that to G2 and then stopped cos I was running low on mat's.
The blueprint MUST have been pinned, and working, or I wouldn't have been able to mod' the MGC armor after arriving in Colonia.

Never attempted to contact FDev support before (even over stuff like getting my T9 wiped-out by a falling skimmer) but I might have to over this.
It's such a trivial thing but I'm stuffed if I'm going to make a 45,000Ly round-trip just to re-pin a blueprint.
Also, I realise I can get G4 armor mod's done by Petra Olmanova, so it's not the end of the world, but the whole point was to set myself up so I could pin both Light Weight and Heavy Duty armor mod's.

Last edited:
Yep me too. Had a long and painful discussion with support who I am sorry to say badly failed with patronising cut and paste replies at first. Eventually it turns out they "don't have the tools" to correct the missing-in-action pinned blueprints.

Yep me too. Had a long and painful discussion with support who I am sorry to say badly failed with patronising cut and paste replies at first. Eventually it turns out they "don't have the tools" to correct the missing-in-action pinned blueprints.

They could transport you home to repin, then back out to Colonia when you're done.

:p

That's what I'd ask for anyway.

They could transport you home to repin, then back out to Colonia when you're done.

:p

That's what I'd ask for anyway.

Actually, that's exactly what I was going to suggest when I speak to them, if they can't re-pin the blueprint.

Just want to fire the game up and check that's the only blueprint that's un-pinned itself before I contact them though. [where is it]

*EDIT*

Meant to say, I noticed that the pinned blueprint went missing around the time I was unlocking Petra Olmanova - another engineer who offers armor upgrades.
I wonder if the issue is the result of dealing with one engineer when you have a similar blueprint from another engineer pinned?

For example, if you have Long Range FSD pinned from Felicity Farseer and then went to Elvira Martuuk for something FSD-related, would that cause the blueprint from Auntie Felicity to un-pin?

Last edited:
Actually, that's exactly what I was going to suggest when I speak to them, if they can't re-pin the blueprint.

Just want to fire the game up and check that's the only blueprint that's un-pinned itself before I contact them though. [where is it]

*EDIT*

Meant to say, I noticed that the pinned blueprint went missing around the time I was unlocking Petra Olmanova - another engineer who offers armor upgrades.
I wonder if the issue is the result of dealing with one engineer when you have a similar blueprint from another engineer pinned?

For example, if you have Long Range FSD pinned from Felicity Farseer and then went to Elvira Martuuk for something FSD-related, would that cause the blueprint from Auntie Felicity to un-pin?

I haven't had it happen to me yet and I recently leveled up all of the Colonia are engineers. I'm in the same boat as you right now, and would not be happy to lose any of my pins from the bubble!

I've also had two different PP blueprints pinned with out issue, and even with DD pinned, I used the engineer in Colonia region on a few ships I've built there to help advance the cause.

Whatever the cause, sorry it happened to you and hope they can get it sorted out.

In a sense I'm glad I'm not the only one this has happened to, it's occurred a number of times to me. Very irritating to farm mats in order to do some upgrading and finding out the blueprint isn't pinned anymore.......

Old thread I know, but this has been happening to me and it's frustrating as hell to have to visit these engineers over and over to pin blueprints that are just dropping out like flies. It makes the game unplayable almost for people who are near end-game level and are ship building and tinkering with the modules.

Im now second time to Colonia to that Brendon guy for his SBC's mod.It unpined few days ago...What i sugest is first do 1gr mod,then pin the mod,then roll again atleast 1 mod of the pinned mod...this works for me.

I forgot to do this the first time...

Last edited:
FWIW, I now have all the engineers in Colonia unlocked and I've deliberately taken screengrabs of the pinned blueprints I've gotten from them.

If I travel back to the bubble and any of the blueprints from Colonia become un-pinned, I'm going to be expecting a round-trip to Colonia courtesy of FDev Support. 😡

Top Bottom