Engineer blueprints un-pinning themselves?

TBH, I kind of like the pinned-blueprint thing as a compromise between ease-of-use and consideration.

I guess the idea is that you can use remote-engineering to minimise the time spent visiting engineers but some thought is still required to properly plan how you make use of it.

Yeah, I just don't understand how it makes life easier, or its essential purpose - is it just a matter of focus and not getting lost in the available options? It's always felt like an unnecessary restriction to me, to no real end.

It mostly seemed like they left it in as it was already a thing you could do before they re-did the engineers, and you know, if we have this feature, let's re-use it.

It was mentioned by a decent amount of people that this one pin per engineer made no sense - (it also, during Beta, just to be one GRADE of blueprint, which was even more immensly terrible, and evidently the original plan...). was just going to be annoying, and would probably break during the beta (and afterwards) but for some bizzare reason, they constantly stated "You will never be able to pin more than one blueprint per engineer" after they "changed the design" of having it pin literally one grade of one blueprint per engineer.

When the designers are -that- intent on forcing the process to make sure you fly to an engineer base, this is going to happen.

Yes, I suppose that's it. That said, there's always the special effects, which is also an unnecessary pain in the... :)

Yes, I suppose that's it. That said, there's always the special effects, which is also an unnecessary pain in the... :)

Yeah, I get it, the engineer bases are amazing pieces of work. I don't too massively mind the need to get specials there, but just let us use everything an engineer has remotely....

Also, let us convert legacy modules remotely!!!! this is completely mental that this doesnt work, considering the idea was to -encourage- people to convert to the new system!

I’ve always found pinning blueprints to be erratic and confusing, with blueprints that I know I’ve pinned not showing up for reasons that are completely beyond me. I’ve just ventured out to Colonia myself and I’m confident that I have everything that I want pinned, so I can test this.

The thing is, I’ve never understood the reasoning behind the pinning system or why Fdev have to make something simple so unnecessarily complicated. If we’ve unlocked an engineer and have the required rep, why not give us access to all of their blueprints remotely? What purpose does the pinning system actually serve?
I don't mind going to the engineer. I don't mind needing to pin the BP. I do mind getting back to my home system only to discover my BP doesn't exist. I check the engineers under the right menu in the ship, it shows the pinned symbol next to the engineer, but in the remote engineering screen at the station, it doesn't show. I buy a new module to see if there's something out of place, but nope. Nothing shows. It's almost always hull or HRP engineering for me.

Actually, that's exactly what I was going to suggest when I speak to them, if they can't re-pin the blueprint.

Just want to fire the game up and check that's the only blueprint that's un-pinned itself before I contact them though. [where is it]

EDIT

Meant to say, I noticed that the pinned blueprint went missing around the time I was unlocking Petra Olmanova - another engineer who offers armor upgrades.
I wonder if the issue is the result of dealing with one engineer when you have a similar blueprint from another engineer pinned?

For example, if you have Long Range FSD pinned from Felicity Farseer and then went to Elvira Martuuk for something FSD-related, would that cause the blueprint from Auntie Felicity to un-pin?

This happened to me too and I too think it could be related with pinning similar mods from diferent engeneers. Though it seems to not necessarily mess with the "swaped" pins. With my Alt I wanted to swap pins for LR-FSD from Farseer to Martuuk, after that my Pins for OC-PP and OC-Cannon were gone. And Yes: I'm also shure they where pinned, + I had no legacy-Mods.

I have just flown 22,000 LY's to colonia, just to pin the shield cells and life support.
I will be VERY UPSET if when I get back to the bubble I discover they have unpinned.

I have just flown 22,000 LY's to colonia, just to pin the shield cells and life support.
I will be VERY UPSET if when I get back to the bubble I discover they have unpinned.

I'd suggest, at the very least, you stick around in Colonia and remote-engineer a few SCBs just to verify it is "properly" pinned.

I'd also suggest taking a screengrab of the engineer page (in your right-HUD) which shows that the BP is pinned.
Might make things easier if you have to beg FDev to transport you back to Colonia at some point in the future.

Apparently FDev can't adjust pinned BPs for players so getting a free, instantaneous, transfer to Colonia (and, ideally, back again) is probably all you can hope for so it might be useful to have screengrabs of all your pinned BPs from Colonia, just in case.

Before I went out to Colonia I put quite a bit of effort into pinning all the blueprints I need for remote-engineering.

One of the blueprints I pinned was the "light weight armor" blueprint from Selene Jean.

I know it was pinned 'cos I've already used it to G2-mod the MGC armor I fitted to my Python.
After that, I ran low on higher-tier mat's so I thought I'd leave it for a while.

Unlocked Petra Olmanova yesterday.
Used her to mod' the MGC armor I've got fitted to the AspX I bought out here.

Just been collecting mat's, jumped into my Python with the intent of upgrading the armor some more and... no blueprint. [where is it]

If you're in the bubble and a blueprint un-pins itself for some reason, it would be an irritating inconvenience.
When you're in Colonia and you're relying on a blueprint from an engineer in the bubble it's a complete f@*#ing disaster.

Is this a known issue, does it happen often and is there anything that causes it or that I can do to avoid it?

Is this a bug ?, I just experienced this with Prof Palin trying yo upgrade my partially engineered Thrusters from level 3 to 5 and the pinned blueprint was not showing in the remote workshop.
So I did 20 plus jumps to Maia to upgrade onsite, double checked to the dirty drives were pinned, did another 20 plus jumps back to Jameson Memorial to upgrade my Corvette partially upgraded Thrusters & again no Blueprint, Also none of my pinned weapons were showing either?
I go back to Palin in my Corvette, but only have enough materials to get to level 4, I return to Jameson, check the blue print to see what materials i needed in the remote workshop, but it only shows up to level 4 for that blueprint although I have Palin unlocked to level 5?.

This used to work ok up until recently. This is very frustrating and must be a bug, I can't believe this is intentional as it adds nothing to the game certainly not a QOL upgrade :(

Yeh, this has happened several times to me since 3.3. I'm sure there's a specific event that's triggering it, but I havent been able isolate it yet.

......... the pinned blueprint was not showing in the remote workshop.
So I did 20 plus jumps to Maia to upgrade onsite, double checked to the dirty drives were pinned, did another 20 plus jumps back to Jameson Memorial to upgrade my Corvette partially upgraded Thrusters & again no Blueprint, Also none of my pinned weapons were showing either?

What does it show under "View Pinned Blueprint" on that Engineer's info page in your UI? If you see the recipe (check that you have the 5 screens / levels / grades available) then it means you were trying to remote engineer a module which has a legacy mod.

I noticed one a couple of days ago. It was not long after I pinned it (focused PA from Bill Turner) and it did show up in the remote engineering at one point. The only things I did that might related was to visit Zachriah Nemo in my Cobra to get an experimental put on one of the efficient PAs. Maybe the combination of different mod and/or a different engineer offering the same mod has an effect.

If a pinned armour mod from Selene Jean went missing, was there a visit to Liz Ryder at some point?

What does it show under "View Pinned Blueprint" on that Engineer's info page in your UI? If you see the recipe (check that you have the 5 screens / levels / grades available) then it means you were trying to remote engineer a module which has a legacy mod.

I actually just checked now, and under the engineers on console 4, it shows now as no pinned blueprint under Professor Palin? what the hell is going on with this game.
I'll go back to Palin later and try to re-pin the blue print yet again?,
Also I'm not quite sure what you mean by a legacy mod, could you be more specific please.

My solution which has worked 100% for me is to pin a blueprint them immediate exit the game in its entirety. On restart about 50% of the time the blueprint hasn't been saved. However now re-pinning the blueprint will keep it forever. YMMV.

Also I'm not quite sure what you mean by a legacy mod, could you be more specific please.

A legacy modification is one that was done under the old (roulette wheel) engineering system. This obviously doesn't apply since you checked the engineer page in your UI. I hope you get this sorted.

My solution which has worked 100% for me is to pin a blueprint them immediate exit the game in its entirety. On restart about 50% of the time the blueprint hasn't been saved. However now re-pinning the blueprint will keep it forever. YMMV.
This seems to have worked for me, thank you for your assistance o7

A legacy modification is one that was done under the old (roulette wheel) engineering system. This obviously doesn't apply since you checked the engineer page in your UI. I hope you get this sorted.
This from Webgear seems to have worked for me so far, thank you for your suggestions though o7

I'm here because this just recently happened to me after returning from Colonia. Fortunately only Marsha Hicks became unpinned. It would be a nice QoL improvement to change the pinning game mechanic to something less of a hassle. What's the in-game explanation for requiring that blueprints only be pinned in person at the engineer's base?

I'm here because this just recently happened to me after returning from Colonia. Fortunately only Marsha Hicks became unpinned. It would be a nice QoL improvement to change the pinning game mechanic to something less of a hassle. What's the in-game explanation for requiring that blueprints only be pinned in person at the engineer's base?

They want to make super sure you return to Engineer bases more than once. And I get it, they spent a lot of time making them.

Top Bottom