Engineers Engineering Database And Calculator [Engineers Update]

Nov. 22nd 2016

Added links to the Blueprints changes and HG's EDEngineer app.

Support stopped for the doc.

Been a tough work and I'm really glad people still find it useful (still constantly more than 50 people on it and nearly 25,000 clicks so far). But I'm way too busy on other things and I really don't use Engineers that much myself.

Thanks to all the peeps who contributed, you've done your share of tedious data collection.

o7

Anyone have list of commodities connected to recipe it is used to? Need to check all commodities that I have whether I need them or not.

List of blueprints?

Greetings,

as this fabulous project has come to an end: Is there a list of blueprints with materials needed in some IT digestible form (csv, XML, json etc...)?

o7

Changes need to be made to this sheet. Namely, some of the engineers now offer grade 5 engineering for various items, it's not marked yet. How does one obtain access to make these changes?

Does anybody know yet (and can you post please) the required recipes for the new Engineer templates? I'm very curious and would like to make sure I have all the necessary stuff for when 2.3 goes live :)

Does anybody know yet (and can you post please) the required recipes for the new Engineer templates? I'm very curious and would like to make sure I have all the necessary stuff for when 2.3 goes live :)

I'd wager your best bet would be to keep an eye on inara.cz's blueprint database (I think they update only on live release data, though), or ask in the beta forums, if there isn't a thread there already about it.

Here are list of needed materials, plus some comments after a lots of crafting...

Long Range Scanner
Grade 1 Iron
Grade 2 Iron, Hybrid Capacitors
Grade 3 Iron, Hybrid Capacitors, Unexpected Emission Data
Grade 4 Germaniun, Electrochemical Arrays, Decoded Emission Data
Grade 5 Niobium, Polymer Capacitors, Abnormal Compact Emissions Data

Looks like Grade 4 is way to go, since here you can make E rated scanner (will use less power) with range ~3,8km and do not need very rare mat..

Need to test in combat maybe target Scan angle is an issue in combat, NOT an issue if you are doing this for Wake scanner, since Wakes do not fight you.. :D

Wide Angle Scanner

Grade 1 Mechanical Scrap
Grade 2 Mechanical Scrap, Germaniun
Grade 3 Mechanical Scarp, Germaniun, Classified Scan Databanks
Grade 4 Mechanical Components, Niobium, Divergent Scan Data
Grade 5 Mechanical Components, Tin, Classified Scan Fragment

Wide Angle maybe good for slow turning big ships...

Fast Scanner

Grade 1 Phosphorus
Grade 2 Phosphorus, Flawed Focus Crystals
Grade 3 Phosphorus ,Flawed Focus Crystals, Open Symmetric Keys
Grade 4 Manganese, Focus Crystals, Atypical Encryption Archives
Grade 5 Arsenic, Refined Focus Crystals, Adaptive Encryptors Capture

Here looks like you can craft A rated scanner with fast scan and still have good range, but you need a lot of power...

Last edited:
Top Bottom