Establish your own Minor Faction and FAQ

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
True Leavism... I was (baldy) surprised about the comment from @rootsrat about getting stations/outposts because if I remember correct all other wings getting a starting station/outpost too. It would be really bad if we only get a fraction name in the system and must try to get from zero to hero. This would be reallyunfair comparing to existing player factions and - depending on the system - for some factions nearly impossible for example when this faction only have about 10 pilots...

It was the case some time ago.

What do you mean by saying it would be unfair? Is there some kind of competition going on?

What do you mean by saying it would be unfair? Is there some kind of competition going on?

Repost:
This would be really unfair comparing to existing player factions and - depending on the system - for some factions nearly impossible for example when this faction only have about 10 pilots...
--
Existing Player Factions already get their Station from the beginning and the new ones will (someday) starting by zero. You asking about competition: There is everywhere competitions in the bubble by playerfactions. Of course...

Many of the already placed player factions have an good economy and starting to expand or already expanding. And they can do easily because there influence is already big. All the new player factions who comes (someday) in the game cannot survive against them because they have no real basement for fight against this. How can new Player Factions increacse their influence in their (someday) new system? Missions only? Seriously? Because all other things they could do (for example bounty hunting in this system, Trading, Mining) will extend the influence of the leading NPC-Faction in the System. So what must the wingleader of the new player factions say to their member? "The next 4,6,8 Weeks make Missions every day!"? Ouch - this will be a great moment and many of the players will stop their enthusiasm and doing there "daily" Elite stuff: Grinden somewhere, Rank up for IMPs or Feds in Cubeo or Tun or do some smuggeling. Yep this will be great :)

Our faction is about 60+ member now and we already working since weeks in our System to prepare it when we go online (someday). Because we working with the (old?) information from FD: "If possible we will replace the leading NPC-Faction with the Player-Faction"... But for what now? Finally all factions who waiting since month in their new (someday) homesystem should stop doing something there because they only support the NPC-faction in this system. It's disappointing. So we must fly around somewhere else in the galaxy to do "things" like explained before...

For me personally this news and the result wich follow is really disappointg:
1st: waiting for month to get included in the game.
2nd: Trying to hold the player in my Player-Faction motivated over this long period
3rd: No Station/Outpost for all new Player factions
4th: All preparation work is worthless
5th: Giving my Wing now the info better stopping doing everything in our (someday) homesystem.
6th: Still trying motivate them with the Info: "Hey guys - don't say mimimimi to me because now we can enjoy doing only missions (someday) for our great Player-Faction in this system! This will be great fun!"
7th: and and and...

After reading this don't give me comments like "you only talking mimimmimi"... It's not like that. It's just a serious compare between the already included and the new Factions... Every Wing/Player-Factions-Leader know about what happen in groups when they must waiting for many month to include in the game... Every day questions, dispapointed faces and try to cheer up Commanderswho getting bored of waiting. After sharing the news about: "Hey we are in now but we have nothing" it's sure that min. 40-50% lose their power to this...

It's the wrong way...

This is my 5cents about this

PS.: Sorry for my "medium average" english. I'm not an english native speaker

Deleted member 38366

D
Could anyone in the forum check out Lacaille 9352 and see if 4 people could take it over?

It states a Population of only 10000.
However, the Independent main HighTech Station seems populated and the controlling Faction is in a Boom State with 61.6% - indicating it is an active Trade hub.

But with 4 dedicated people, it should be possible (unless you face dedicated Opposition, I have no Info if the System is being actively supported by other Players or a Group).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom