Every system should have a Blackmarket with its attributes moderated by Power & System Attributes

Every system should have a Blackmarket with its attributes moderated by Power & System Attributes

Every system should have a Blackmarket with the sale price of goods on it and the chance of being caught determined by a system's security rating, economic state of the asset's controlling faction, & the respective controlling Powers' Exploitation Impact (no blackmarkets should be 'closed' though, just extremely risky to be used). If you get caught selling on a blackmarket you get a hot ship & packed off to a prison ship. The negative influence on minor factions could be tied to the type of item being smuggled with higher influence items, say weapons, being harder to smuggle into high security systems etc. Also, you should be able to try to bribe the security officers if caught (which could be expanded into a skill that could be learned as part of a criminal 'toolbox' to create a unique and interesting experience for bad guys)

In my view not only would this make smuggling more realistic, but also more of a career choice (and of course I couldn't not include a nod to Frontier: Elite II :) ).

Last edited:
Every system already could have a black market - it just depends who controls a port. Or wither a certain state like Outbreak is active.

Besides, in the current iteration of how the BM interacts with the BGS I am gonna have to say no.

Unless they fundamentally change how it works, its enough of a pain already - we don't need more.

Every system already could have a black market - it just depends who controls a port. Or wither a certain state like Outbreak is active.

My point is every system should have a black market.

Besides, in the current iteration of how the BM interacts with the BGS I am gonna have to say no.
Which is why I mentioned that the negative influence effect on minor factions be revised & changed the punishment mechanic etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom