Expedition II: Operation "Persera"

Day 17 - 07:00:27:16 in Supercruise

168 hours.... Numbers, numbers in my head.. numbers everywhere.. I started calculating "the slowdown".. but it appears I still have some time

Day 18 - 07:04:24:00 in Supercruise

All those hours in silence.. and yesterday out of sudden, comms voice message took me out of my misery.. it was Cmdr Persera.. What a character.. and she is still in the region. Hearing somebody, talking to somebody was so unexpected and yet so good

[Comms]
- Hey! - Persera's voice was firm but warm
- I'm still in the area, and If you want I could jump back to Ishum's Reach so you have independent confirmation of your distance & direction from there. I have plenty of Jumponium so it's no trouble...

- Hey - I must have sounded like stupid, completely surprised and actually not able to comprehend her words - I am not sure what do you mean by "independent confirmation of your distance & direction from there", as I always fly alone, I might not be aware of certain mechanics that would facilitate this..
- But you realize apart from that, how far I am beyond Semotus Beacon? And I still have "a few" LY to fly forward... I guess "catching up with me" is not really an option- I appreciate though that you are checking on my progress, I am slowly loosing my mind.. it's been 163 hours in Supercruise

- If I'm in the same system, and we are in a wing, you can turn on your wing beacon and it'll show me where & how far away you are - Persera explained patiently the mechanics of wing formation - So it would just be a way for someone to act as a witness to your accomplishment. (...)
[Comms Out]

Believe it or not, I have never flown in a formation, wing, group.. I have no idea how it works, as mentioned: I always travel alone.. never thought that it would be simply useful to understand how formations work.

"Rocinante's" on-board computer simply sucks.. all the advanced calculations I gotta do on the external machine.. Consistently it takes 4h 18' to travel 1LY, she takes 1.28TPH which is quite an economy.. although when I look at the gauge, I cannot believe my results. It seems like I am supposed to travel way longer than this fuel tank could handle. The fuel I am going to need to jump out to Oevasy RG-Y D0 is represented by a super thin line, or rather a blue silk thread.. I have no idea how I am going not to make any mistake here.

40LY beyond Semotus Beacon... Numbers, numbers.. numbers all around me

WVKqjr3NcPKdEJjf_A5V_enyjkA0NvrpQtSVuy1cYL_OcbvAm4mDNs4jriJ6GumKZkvunjxcJDNRKlhfo8DNareMH0nAXISh8jCN0tl9yemNZAFCFC4i9wiX8fRmISI-kPmNRZC527zWDOnCb1mwkrkZSjpR-RCBREJEuzWyXwJKOV82Ls8aW5Kluv2xhQ2eRTTyrD5Bu5Gn8u-IHBZRJpsBTshwY1h6cYhpRZICNLS1au3OQy_34onwnxacF2dRxKW-FUwYWA0K_qaK-HDIm-0qhxBitfgwI1xo84yY8Nu2ZDk5fTNO5vPD53ueUQYQjjNcI0gw-QxVym1VVgiuoSPoYjBLezVNIPtpdUXTL8fQriYcHAucvg6uNYN3_2DnalCzJeCFDFvb0KSZPIEOxKlgmL-loeS6vwazXYNO1xSy6yvZ_CpMxKnxkyaNCdpSXJrfZcbQVeO7gg84BFaK96KzcyvhC0B3ytwo22fes_eZAXMXsRQsJanQA8dzxeHsr7uBOYmTTLw4lpfK4kQRNDftUUSGIPq2Wuy-ZDgnbtP1sWN8pfLXY_g6r0EZTTQjlDd0cn1z-onCPCMGh1muMGE9YVShF-ICdKOMnxJPjUjqAkz-seV619TVuyeNm3Lo87-13iIYZfoNtzlsc5aV2EHCEzp8DAVJ=w1920-h804-no

Last edited:
Day 19 - 08:08:00:16 in Supercruise

200 hours mark.. just a bit shy of 47LY beyond Semotus Beacon. I still can see it on my radar, though it seems so distant now.. it should not even be there. I keep re-calculating everything over and over again. Just realized, my 1LY travel time dropped to 4 hours 16 minutes.. probably because of the calculation itself, not the actual travel efficiency.

One more thing is.. what I found in my ship's logs.. the on-board computer does know exactly what's the fuel level, just there is no instruments to display such details.. unbelievable. Really nothing in detail about your engines capacity, fuel status, jump capacity etc. Good think I could dig it out of the log.. bad - it is not a real time value.
But at least I learned something new and actually got rid of the 0.6327% deviation between my calculation and the actual levels.. it is just embarrassing to do it this way, flying modern space vessel..
I am still trying to calculate/anticipate the fuel needed for the final jump "back to safety".. With the standard 8T max. needed for Anaconda, considering introduction of the Premium FSD boost for this jump.. I should not need a lot of it.

This is one of those decisions, which can cost me a lot.. fuel gauge drives me crazy

As I said earlier, the aim always was not to lose my head and my ship.. but if it so happens that I make this terrible mistake... and I repeat: IF..., then, with all respect The Fuel Rats would not be able to rescue me from where I am.. I would stretch then the limit so far, that not only fumes will be remaining.. but just a a smell of fumes.. I'd launch myself towards the inhabited area, in the escape pod, hoping somebody will find me in the cryogenic sleep.. rescue me and bring me home eventually
... leaving DEL-77 "Rocinante" behind, floating towards the nothingness

9aA7NUmmxkgljvT8omdoJtWIZOAua-8A3OEBITvc7URMMqHYxvpxLHwxw707KLlLE6o2F21OqXYfI3Js0LQfGpYXXrg6Yul7lRIK8utVePi7xjOm_nnPKI0oojzQFNKIk-2OQg_DtbPIwNTZUM9rKRM1cjREihc0hlSWE_nKfT2z_lwbNI0M9LKuvMenoMENsUsU7Qm1AGuTx1SRZJ-p_F1OHPnQLrm_HDwQZLUgRNe2wytfbjCjGMyFWmBUNLdAXN4cdglAWhZqc4u0h5JYHD1_bOQdmV28J-wUJNg7sows0H7IGlYpOQqQ82IGQ1y98zCY7z2FQsMJfO1uG5PZusK7h1bfx4d-4-SbmCUTQYxejps8B1pr79eyaylX_cFmYcEHTHhn4JSRK94nuRXHRMrI4q7H3Xw848dIZBgaM06Next5SkI0KsCzfWGdAp0HEhi-G7bmx4FsYUxN_exEIzC5wCHo98UZ6CACyf-_-C05mNZ8piTTmWXPYvYc8dYEO508HFIbBJDQcbO7xSuhRaUqHNXvv0kMHSR2SKD7M3IAnzdyXdshivDXj7W8hoFSt1mRtJ5VPFwEbAfwQzUBvm6-epepW-0NQoYu_pLreNbHY2trRBGKRzRfqFClg0ALZcTwI4Hv3xlouA2QdFRj06SHkGM-DZz-=w1920-h804-no

Last edited:
I wonder when I was at Star One yesterday if we were the furthest apart pair of Commanders it is possible to create? Around 100,000Ly :D

Fly very carefully Commander and I agree about the fuel gauge ... :)

I wonder when I was at Star One yesterday if we were the furthest apart pair of Commanders it is possible to create? Around 100,000Ly :D

Fly very carefully Commander and I agree about the fuel gauge ... :)

Your comment made me think Commander. Obviously I checked the distance to my favorite area: 3 Geminorum and then.. Amundsen's Star
I could not believe it myself.. but it's actually 133,472LY :O

Nice! I didn't realize the ED galaxy was actually well over 100k across. I kept estimating about 80 or so.

Don't go by me.. my mind is crazy.. correction to my previous statement: distance between Semotus Beacon and Amundsen's Star: 83,472LY.. i just crossed 50LY mark beyond.. that gives us actual of 83,522LY

my mind is really playing tricks on me..

the "." was in a wrong position ;)

Last edited:
Don't go by me.. my mind is crazy.. correction to my previous statement: distance between Semotus Beacon and Amundsen's Star: 83472LY.. i just crossed 50LY mark beyond.. that gives us actual of 83522LY

my mind is really playing tricks with me..

No worries! You've been out there for a while. It happens to all of us. :)

Congratulations for what your are doing Commander.
To be honest, I've did not heard of your attempt, only the one Commander Persera did , and the wonderful story of her rescue.

So, when I arrived at Semotus Beacon, on January 5, I tried to attempt a new record , with an Anaconda not fully prepared for that in term of fuel capacity. To save fuel, my sensors were shut down, so I was unable to know that a Commander was in front of me.
I'm currently about 14.3Ly from Semotus Beacon, running out of fuel with the 13T remaining ... far, far away from you.

Again, congratulations !

Congratulations for what your are doing Commander.
To be honest, I've did not heard of your attempt, only the one Commander Persera did , and the wonderful story of her rescue.

So, when I arrived at Semotus Beacon, on January 5, I tried to attempt a new record , with an Anaconda not fully prepared for that in term of fuel capacity. To save fuel, my sensors were shut down, so I was unable to know that a Commander was in front of me.
I'm currently about 14.3Ly from Semotus Beacon, running out of fuel with the 13T remaining ... far, far away from you.

Again, congratulations !

Thank you Commander. That was my intent since the first time I came here in October 3303.. Is "Rocinante" a perfect build now? Nope, but it gives some space for improvement in the future..

I wish your safe return.. be careful with the fuel.. it seems to be extremely tricky..

P.S. This operation was supposed to be a rescue mission.. but then it became a run for the unreachable..

Nowhere near, Star One to Semotus Beacon is "only" 70,500 LY. Indeed, if you want to try and get to a maximum such measure then the northern rim is one of the worst places to start as it's relatively close to the centre for an edge area.

Max possible that I know of between reachable systems is 87,011.61 LY between Byoi Fraae CQ-G d10-0 (north western edge) and Jongou XM-W d1-0 (near the end of Outer Arm Vacuus).

Oc5Ac1Y.jpg

Yes, but as my mind plays tricks on me.. I am not sure what's correct now. I should be able to cruise for more ~38 hours.. the rest is a mystery [uhh]

Thanks Commander. I'll have to update the end of my video with your position.

[video=youtube;04sElttoS-M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04sElttoS-M[/video] ...

Nowhere near, Star One to Semotus Beacon is "only" 70,500 LY. Indeed, if you want to try and get to a maximum such measure then the northern rim is one of the worst places to start as it's relatively close to the centre for an edge area.

Max possible that I know of between reachable systems is 87,011.61 LY between Byoi Fraae CQ-G d10-0 (north western edge) and Jongou XM-W d1-0 (near the end of Outer Arm Vacuus).

Yes, I was talking rubbish ... :eek:

Cheer it up Commander, look at me.. I cannot even calculate anymore and came up with 133K LY [rolleyes]

I don't have your excuse, just a few boosts to get clear of Star One :eek:
Good luck with your enterprise as it nears the 'end' - where most accidents happen if you lose focus ;)
Fly extraordinarily carefully ... and check the maths (and check again!) :D

Top Bottom