Exploration Changes

I haven't played in a while and I'm thinking of making a return for the new patch. I'm just curious how any new exploration changes (if any) will affect any expeditions in progress. If I remember correctly I was well on my way to Sagittarius A, pretty close to arriving there I think. Will the new patch have any effect on any exploration data I've gathered on the way, what about my current modules? I think I had a pretty standard Asp setup with the usual exploration modules.

I haven't played in a while and I'm thinking of making a return for the new patch. I'm just curious how any new exploration changes (if any) will affect any expeditions in progress. If I remember correctly I was well on my way to Sagittarius A, pretty close to arriving there I think. Will the new patch have any effect on any exploration data I've gathered on the way, what about my current modules? I think I had a pretty standard Asp setup with the usual exploration modules.

No, they made it such that those out in the wild yonder will not be affected.

Warning : IMHO the new system has a steep learning curve :)

.. and it's not like you're out in the wilds if you're near SagA* - you can head to Colonia and find something nice to put in your new empty slot :)

As for your setup:
Assuming that you had an ADS fitted, it will disappear and you'll be refunded the credits.
Assuming that you had a DSS fitted, it will be replaced with the new zero mass DSS v3.3.
So you still have full exploration sensors, but your ship will have 3.3tons less mass and a spare internal slot.

As for your setup:
Assuming that you had an ADS fitted, it will disappear and you'll be refunded the credits.
Assuming that you had a DSS fitted, it will be replaced with the new zero mass DSS v3.3.
So you still have full exploration sensors, but your ship will have 3.3tons less mass and a spare internal slot.

Just to add..
You will gain a free slot if you had a ADS fitted
Also if you had a engineered DSS installed it will receive a like for like upgrade, which equates to a boost to the probe scan area up to a 30% increase.
You can't probe stars, you can probe anything else up to a gas giant - A small rocky body may use two or three well aimed probes, a gas giant could use over 20
After probing a planet to 100% any POIs will be added to your Nav panel meaning you will no longer need your MK1 eyeball

It seems what these Commanders are saying is in fact true about module conversion... but I am sure there will be some surprises and changes after the launch we don't know about yet. We will know more on December 12.

Poke around YouTube for some videos of the exploration changes - they're really fantastic. IMO, they really show how outdated/simplistic the combat game is.

The steepest part of the curve, IMO, was binding my keys.

Overall I like what I played on the new Exploration tools. The new rare discoveries are quite appealing to me, along with the Codex data sharing system. I'm probably going to spend a good bit of my post 3.3 time Exploring again.

This is absolutely true in terms of reasons to come back and re-fit modules, however, I'm making an assumption that all the data you've collected pre-patch if sold post-patch will attract the updated rewards. Someone else may be able to confirm or dis-confirm, but presumably it would be horribly unwieldy, and unnecessary, to try and code two reward levels?

I am hoping so as I have quite a bit to sell when I get back!

Aps.

Warning : IMHO the new system has a steep learning curve :)

At first the new FSS and DSS were a little confusing but after watching a video it became much clearer how those work. It wasn't a great video but enough to understand how to lob probes and how to find and zoom in on signals and planets in the new FSS interface. At that point its learn by doing and practice.

I'm sure by now there are many more videos to learn from. There are some things with the FSS that needs tweeked plus the whole mode switch thing is cumbersome atm. I hope they improve on the new systems before the launch.

GL and HF Commanders

Top Bottom