Exploration: Questions about the Tenebris Region

Once the new engineering system drops and I do some new-style engineering, I'd like to make an exploration trip out to the Tenebris Region, which is in the 4th Quadrant... and a bit out there. I'll have an Exploraconda that will have between 50-55LY FSD, dual AFMU, 7a scoop, repair limpets, 2x SRV, etc.

My questions are:
  • Has anyone explored this region before? Any suggestions/tips/advice for tackling it?
  • Is it possible to hop from this region to the lower section of the Sagittarius Carina Arm, above and to the right of the Centaurus Reach? My goal is to NOT have to follow the arm all the way back to the Crab Nebula and do some more exploring on a new arm.
  • Having only explored to Sag A and back (essentially), any trip-specific advice you'd give me that differs from a normal straight run to the core?

I don't have any answers to this - I'm on my way to the Tenebris myself, for the first time, going from the core and then heading back towards the bubble along the Perseus Arm.

I just wanted to respond and suggest you post this in the Exploration forum. You'll be more likely to get considered answers from experienced explorers, and it won't be swamped by people moaning about this and that.

Top Bottom