Exploration - When worlds colide

about 1 day to go?

ed-6.jpg

Last edited:
Not colliding as before, but still an amazing spot to visit. Very cool.

The next conjunction will occur around early-to-mid March 2022, I guess?

Question: At such distance apart (135km), how feasible would it be to catapult yourself on foot (or using a SRV) from one moon to the other? Gravity is pretty low (0.07g), and the vapor geysers on them are strong enough to launch someone hundreds of km away from the surface.

Last edited:
Not colliding as before, but still an amazing spot to visit. Very cool.

The next conjunction will occur around early-to-mid March 2022, I guess?

Question: At such distance apart (135km), how feasible would it be to catapult yourself on foot (or using a SRV) from one moon to the other? Gravity is pretty low (0.07g), and the vapor geysers on them are strong enough to launch someone hundreds of km away from the surface.
People (including me) tried to jump from one planet to the other in the SRV or even in the ship back then. It doesn't work.
Only the planet you landed on is solid. You clip through the other planet.
Also worth noting that when the planets are close, when you drop out of glide, your motion becomes relative to the planet you had selected.
So If you have the other planet selected, for example, to see the distance, you'll be moving relative to the planet you're trying to land on, even though your controls may be neutral. This caused several ships to crash back then.
I have videos of the collision from Oct 3302 as well as several other colliding planets in other systems, some of which haven't been "fixed"
youtube link below.

People (including me) tried to jump from one planet to the other in the SRV or even in the ship back then. It doesn't work.
Only the planet you landed on is solid. You clip through the other planet.
Also worth noting that when the planets are close, when you drop out of glide, your motion becomes relative to the planet you had selected.
So If you have the other planet selected, for example, to see the distance, you'll be moving relative to the planet you're trying to land on, even though your controls may be neutral. This caused several ships to crash back then.
I have videos of the collision from Oct 3302 as well as several other colliding planets in other systems, some of which haven't been "fixed"
youtube link below.
Since the carriers update, SOIs switch at approximately the midpoint between the two bodies (scaled to their relative radii). So you can now slowboat between planets if their SOIs overlap and they're not moving too quickly relative to each other.

Top Bottom