Failure Developments at it again

"This is perfectly normal" That's the point, "normal" should be better than this.

That's never been how patches work. Realistic expectations help.

Give it a few days and people will have worked out how to min-max ARX and that will trigger a whole new slew of fashionable whinges. The open only crowd might stage another doomed attempt at ruining the game as the patch has drawn them back temporarily. Meanwhile I'll just carry on playing the video game for fun.

Have you notice that everytime a complaint about anythin comes up you have guys post.....you dont know development,it takes time,give them a few day etc etc you guys are full of bio you said these things in every other post for 5 years now nothing you have said has helped anyone still 5 years of bugs here still 5 years dodgy updates 5 years of content to just do the same as we have been for 5 years! so tell us when will all the stuff we ask come then will it be another 5 years?

Its not- its the game made on a shoestring around other profitable FD games. How else would you explain the stop-start nature of its development, with each part not really building synergy with each other?
Given the quality of the patches and long standing bugs. I am beginning to suspect that ED is what they give the interns to work on to get them up to speed to work on real projects.

No, not really.

Currently there only are a handful of threads claiming the update broke the entire game. Usually it's hundreds.

So far it seems to be the update with the least issues and bugs, which is just natural considering it didn't really add something...

Come on, you honestly think this is Elite's best release so far? :D

Thank God that's not true.

Actually, looking at all bug reports floating around atm, I get strong feeling that we actually have one bug somewhere in client-server communication code (esp. if mining crashes can be narrowed to refinery module) which highly likely won't be visible on test server/database. And patch touched exactly that part, due to store integration.

Yesterday was developer abuse day and I didn't see it on the calendar. These forums toward FDev and our own customers toward us as it turned out.

Yet other MMO (not that Elite can be classed as an MMO) developers manage to release patches on a regular basis without blowing up their games. This is not a problem specific to MMOs, it's a problem specific to FDev.

You mean there are teams of people doing a job to get paid ? These people are not your friends and they're not sat there working away whilst dreaming of what happiness they might bring to you. They're doing a job because they want to get paid.
Newsflash! Some people do their jobs because they enjoy their jobs. Some people do their jobs because those jobs allow them to help other people. Some people do their jobs because of the thanks and kind words they get from their customers. Not everyone is in it just for the money.

That's never been how patches work. Realistic expectations help.

Give it a few days and people will have worked out how to min-max ARX and that will trigger a whole new slew of fashionable whinges. The open only crowd might stage another doomed attempt at ruining the game as the patch has drawn them back temporarily. Meanwhile I'll just carry on playing the video game for fun.

Not having bugs that are blatantly obvious within 1 minute after having launched the game (rubberbanding, engineer mods not showing up in outfitting, remote engineering problems) is a pretty realistic expectation I think.

We are not talking about some hard to find bugs and other elusive issues. The complete lack of QA is inexcusable.

Last edited:
And theres probably more you broke that we haven't discovered yet. Its mind boggling. How in the everloving frick did this get past QA. Do you even test things at all? Maybe you do and you just don't give a enough to fix it. Doesn't matter what the reason is though, you fricked up. Big time.
You know the old saying: "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence, anything after that is a pattern."

Don't make the December Update a
pattern, Frontier. At the very least, Open Beta it first. Most of these issues would've been spotted during Beta testing.

Not having bugs that are blatantly obvious within 1 minutes after having launched the game (rubberbanding, engineer mods not showing up in outfitting, remote engineering problems) is a pretty realistic expectation I think.

We are not talking about some hard to find bugs and other elusive issues. The complete lack of QA is inexcusable.

In MMO's some bugs wont manifest until it actually goes massive. Rubberbanding is a bandwidth thing, probably down to the number of people there are playing.

The worst bug I've heard of this time around is invisible engineering on stored modules. Don't touch them for a few days and everything will be fine. Engineering is hardly an urgent thing anyway.

Back
Top Bottom