General / Off-Topic False-Flag-Operations within ED?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

psyron

Banned
Only when you decide, psyron?
No comment.

So you really think it's only a personal problem i have?

"There are two ways to slide easily through life; to believe everything or to doubt everything. Both ways save us from thinking."
- Alfred Korzybski

In a word, yes. You can believe what you wish and even voice your opinion, but at least respect others enough to do it in the right forum. To do otherwise is disrespecting the forum rules and everyone here.

Last edited:

"There are two ways to slide easily through life; to believe everything or to doubt everything. Both ways save us from thinking."
- Alfred Korzybski

“Everything you can imagine is real.”
― Pablo Picasso

psyron

Banned
In a word, yes. You can believe what you wish and even voice your opinion, but at least respect others enough to do it in the right forum. To do otherwise is disrespecting the forum rules and everyone here.

Believe me, i respect you all and i also respect this great forum. I only wanted to share my heavy doubts and fears of these important days. I can't handle these lies on TV anymore ...

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Agreed this is a forum for frontier games and not the place for this kind of debate.

psyron

Banned
I was quite delighted when reading how FD is characterizing "The Federation" in newsletter #22.
It's obvious that "The Federation" almost exactly represents todays western world mainly lead by the US military industrial complex:

- "To an outsider, the hierarchy of Federation society is based on democratic principles."
- "However, corporate loyalty oils the machine, and Federation space is a battleground of commerce."
- "Corruption is not unusual – individuals defend it shamelessly when caught as ‘getting one over the system’. Social class is only determined between ‘haves’ and ‘have-nots’."
- "The huge gross domestic product (GDP) of the Federation economy funds a large, well-equipped Federal Navy which projects its values and influence."
- "The media drives a culture of celebrity. Top ranking politicians, social commentators, entertainers and super-rich all command a great deal of media attention. This provides a massive distraction for the populace, to the extent that foreign wars conducted by the Federation on their behalf get little media attention."
- "Centuries of warfare and both Imperial and Federal meddling in a great many otherwise peaceful independent systems caused various small alliances to form." (-> The Alliance)

And FD resums "The Federation" with the line:
-> "This has gone on for many hundreds of years, and there is no sign of it changing."

I guess one have to be blind for not seeing this as a direct criticism towards our today's western world model. ;)

Though not talking about "False Flag Operations" directly it's obvious that those kind of operations would fit best in a federation-like society in which its population 'think' they live in a free democratic system but instead are permanetly manipulated by a corporate media paid by the wars&oil industry.

Thanks to FD for creating more than yet another game. :)

Last edited:
I guess one have to be blind for not seeing this as a direct criticism towards our today's western world model. ;)

What on earth is direct about what you've just described?

It's no secret that the Federation is based on an archetypal Western-style democracy. But it is pretty common in fiction for this archetype to be portrayed as having drawbacks such as corruption, bureaucracy, nepotism, wastefulness, secrecy, the military-industrial complex etc. This is pretty indirect though, it's just a recognition that there is no perfect form of government, it's not there to make you think. It doesn't make it a direct criticism, it just makes for a good story right?

Last edited:

psyron

Banned
It's no secret that the Federation is based on an archetypal Western-style democracy. But it is pretty common in fiction for this archetype to be portrayed as having drawbacks such as corruption, bureaucracy, nepotism, wastefulness, secrecy, the military-industrial complex etc. This is pretty indirect though, it's just a recognition that there is no perfect form of government, it's not there to make you think. It doesn't make it a direct criticism, it just makes for a good story right?

I agree. Obviously no secret to you. Very good. But when reading other comments in this thread you will learn that not all people have the same kind of awareness, sadly. :)

Edit:
Though i do not agree with your statement that "it's not there to make you think" ... Never underestimate such brilliant people like David Braben and Michael Brookes! ;)

Last edited:
I agree. Obviously no secret to you. Very good. But when reading other comments in this thread you will learn that not all people have the same kind of awareness, sadly. :)

I had a look. I think that they do to be honest. The criticisms of western democracy you list, the ones that you can see in the Federation, I would say are fairly well-known. Put another way, I think that if the Federation was shown as some kind of perfect utopian society with freedom, prosperity and happiness equally enjoyed by all I think most of those people would be calling the game out as being almost propagandist. People would notice if the drawbacks weren't there, but since they are, it just reinforces what they already know and they'd rather enjoy the game than be asked to think some more about it.

psyron

Banned
I had a look. I think that they do to be honest. The criticisms of western democracy you list, the ones that you can see in the Federation, I would say are fairly well-known. Put another way, I think that if the Federation was shown as some kind of perfect utopian society with freedom, prosperity and happiness equally enjoyed by all I think most of those people would be calling the game out as being almost propagandist. People would notice if the drawbacks weren't there, but since they are, it just reinforces what they already know and they'd rather enjoy the game than be asked to think some more about it.

Yes, right. I will enjoy it for sure.

I'll grab my tinfoil hat...

Brian :)

I guess Brian didn't get it yet. Still in full propaganda-sleep-mode. But since i don't know his age i won't blame him on this. ;)

OK, the whole democracy thing isn't perfect, but I'd rather live in a democracy than a dictatorship. Have a look at North Korea for instance (admittedly that's probably one of the worst of the bunch - I mean Kim Il only got 11 holes in one on his first and only game of golf!)

Inside North Korea...
Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24R8JObNNQ4
Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw46Ll-Zy4s
Part 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HJj85K_7MQ

I think the UK democracy is somewhat of a waste of time though due to the amount of stupid per politician (I know, you cant quantify "stupid" but they definitely "has the dumb!") I mean they cant even cover up their own stupid mistakes, and often fail to at least try to mitigate the personal fallout by not even apologising (even if they don't mean it - lol!)

But we do have freedom of speech, sometimes that does make a difference, though not all the time... We have the National Health Service - despite its problems still continues to save lives and not charge poverty inducing rates. I can talk to my mates down the local and call the prime minister whatever I like without being sent to a slave labour camp or getting shot. If you don't want to get a job, we the people supply the government with enough taxes/national insurance money which they give to you so that you don't have to bother getting a job and can moan as freely as the rest of us hard working tax/national insurance paying people.

Personally I don't really know what you are complaining about?

A wee bit about me. I'm a 40 year old ex soldier. No, I did not get involved in any conspiracies/cover-ups (I suppose I would say that anyway?) As far as I know aliens have not taken over the government - they would probably do a far better job! I left the army in 2005, did security work up until last year, and now I'm a self employed aerial photographer - I use drones (there's nothing suspicious about that either, honest :D) I'm a part time geek, and full time nerd. I like a pint, and my favourite colour is green.

An ideal system would be a utopia, but people are ar s eholes, so that wont happen.

psyron

Banned
OK, the whole democracy thing isn't perfect, but I'd rather live in a democracy than a dictatorship. Have a look at North Korea for instance ...

Since you seem so well informed Brian, what's your opinion on building 7? ;)

Edit:
I am not complaining - just showing people that they didn't get the truth about what happen on 9/11.
Google for building 7 and watch what everyone should already know if our media would tell us the whole story.

Last edited:
wait...we are going into conspiracy discussions...in a SciFi game forum...?

what's next, religion? football? real life politics?

Ok, i'll start: there is no god, football is for braindead, there is no politics just profit.

this should keep everyone busy for a while....

Edit:
To clarify why i think those kind of dicussions don't belong to a game forum (and i deleted everything regarding those in every single one i had admin rights):
1) It is not related to the game
2) it's a question of "believing" there will and can't be a consens or compromise.
3) it leads to unrest in the community, personal hate which has nothing to do with the game.
4) if it's not really "hate" it's thinking about the other as an "idiot"

Really, i like discussing about some of these things...in places where it's appropriate.

Last edited:
Well, its obvious really. Building 7 was the only actual target on 9/11. The rest were cover. The actual reason building 7 was destryoed is to cover up the conspiracy between the US govt. and the alien colonists. It was all kept in an old file cabinet on the 9th floor.

I really don't know, maybe it was hit by debris, caught fire and collapsed? Or it could have been arson, caused by an opportunist pyromaniac who hated working there?

Either way, I have a cast iron alibi...

psyron

Banned
I really don't know, maybe it was hit by debris, caught fire and collapsed? Or it could have been arson, caused by an opportunist pyromaniac who hated working there?

Everyone watching building 7 come down in free fall speed know what this looks like: Controlled demolition.

Conclusion? No need to to be a genius to know what this means. ;)

Edit:
And Jorlin, this topic has nothing to do with 'hate' but everything to do with having an open mind. I like having real world connections being included in fictional games. And when reading the latest newsletter #22 it's obvious that FD thinks alike: :)

"The media drives a culture of celebrity. Top ranking politicians, social commentators, entertainers and super-rich all command a great deal of media attention. This provides a massive distraction for the populace, to the extent that foreign wars conducted by the Federation on their behalf get little media attention."

Last edited:
Or maybe it was the T-Virus they were covering up? I think it was on a 5.25 floppy with "Dare Devil Denis" written on it...

Elite Dangerous is really the plans drawn up by the British Government for the long term colonisation of space.

Conspiracy is everywhere... Obey

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom