Fastest way to offload a carrier

I have been on days long mining runs with my carrier, accumulating commodities, and the carrier hold has a few thousand units of whatever I'm mining: and now I want to sell to the most convenient destination.
The carrier conveniently jumps close to the target destination... however I find that the process is... ridiculously boring and slow.
I've read about "player offload", setting commodity sell price to a very low amount, to encourage other players's purchases, but this is not ideal, nor always feasible.
So I was hoping there's some sort of efficient mechanic that can be used to move large amounts of commodities back and forth from a port. I have a cutter and a t9 but the difference in cargo amongst the two is negligible if we're talking about, say, 5k tons of platinum.

If you are looking for the fastest way any single Cmdr can transport cargo from carrier to station that's a shieldless Cutter. It carries up to 794t at a time, I have one that hauls 792t with autodock. I find that a bit faster over multiple trips because I can be doing stuff like plotting the return route while the autodock brings me down onto the pad. I usually don't zero the throttle until I'm inside the station & scraping damage isn't a big deal because I can just repair it each time I dock. It has a reactive armour hull.

But boredom is the enemy of efficiency & if you can persuade others to help you offload a massive amount setting up a sell order (or a buy order to fill the carrier) could be way quicker.

For 5kt of plat I'd just do it myself tbh, if it were 25kt I'd probably set up a sell order at a tempting price.

If you want to unload Pt, you're likely in a system with high demand and a high sales price. Inara lists a few of those (of course, anything like that might be out of date the moment Inara puts it up). Any system like that is likely busier with players than the average system. If you don't want to make 7 trips to unload those 5kt - sure, put them to sale at half of galactic average and go to sleep. They'll be gone by morning.

Otherwise, post your location, the local demand and the local price, then again put up your load for sale at half galactic average (after all, since i's from mining, you got it for free, right?). If there's still something left in 10 hours from now, I might find a little time to hop over in the Cutter. At 140 MCr. profit per run (640 tons, 25 k buying from you, 250k selling to the station), I'm prepared to make a small trip.

Advertise the discounted sale on Facebook/Discorg groups... this sub believes that Elite is a single player game, no one cares what others do.

Back
Top Bottom