COMPLETED CG Fight for the Empire with the Keltim Empire League (Combat)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Guess i will really support the Empire, i really want to see where this path leads - it seems much more interesting than a seeker rack...
(i posted some comments on this line of thoughts in the other CG thread)

...and this is the kind of thing so many have been hankering after for so long. A narrative for the community to become involved with, and one that requires choices that may have a lasting affect on the Galaxy (or just a nice bit of kit.) I missed so many interesting stories before I started playing in 2017 and it finally feels as if there's something akin to those beginning. He says with his fingers still crossed.

I'm glad I've got this evening to mull over my decision....and hopefully find out if there really are two G5 blueprints attached to one module (I get distracted by shiny things.)

** uncovers pew-pew ship under tarpaulin **

Let's see what we have here... Fellow Cmdrs, don't know what we'd be facing, but iyo would this be enough to stay alive in this CG?
Corvette
2020-10-01 (28).jpg

Commanders who have honor and bear meaning Imperial titles - fight for the Empire and justice. Those who do otherwise are traitors of the Empire and opportunists blinded by a flimsy missile rack. They should be automatically stripped of their titles once they side with terrorist group.

Lightweight does three beneficial things; it reduces mass, power draw, and distro draw.

Missile launchers weigh 4 tons, draw an average amount of power, and have virtually NO distributor drain. So the benefits are more or less useless.

In exchange for virtually no benefit, the module loses 60% of its integrity! This means that instead of taking multiple hits to disable, your launcher will fail virtually instantly the moment it gets hit by absolutely anything.

In other words, a Lightweight/High Cap missile launcher is actively worse than one that is just High Capacity.

Even worse, it's unique, so you'll feel like you can't ever sell it, even as you never actually want to use it. So you're basically permanently losing a module slot.

Personally, I'll be fighting for the Empire. I'd rather see a change in the universe than get a useless weapon.

---

As a side note, this kinda highlights why Lightweight is useless in general. Other than maybe exploration builds, I see zero reason to ever use it. It would be nice if it, say, increased gimbal tracking speed. At least that way it gives something interesting.

Lightweight does three beneficial things; it reduces mass, power draw, and distro draw.

Missile launchers weigh 4 tons, draw an average amount of power, and have virtually NO distributor drain. So the benefits are more or less useless.

In exchange for virtually no benefit, the module loses 60% of its integrity! This means that instead of taking multiple hits to disable, your launcher will fail virtually instantly the moment it gets hit by absolutely anything.

In other words, a Lightweight/High Cap missile launcher is actively worse than one that is just High Capacity.

Even worse, it's unique, so you'll feel like you can't ever sell it, even as you never actually want to use it. So you're basically permanently losing a module slot.

Personally, I'll be fighting for the Empire. I'd rather see a change in the universe than get a useless weapon.
See post above, #28.

---

As a side note, this kinda highlights why Lightweight is useless in general. Other than maybe exploration builds, I see zero reason to ever use it. It would be nice if it, say, increased gimbal tracking speed. At least that way it gives something interesting.

On weight limited builds (normally small ships on enhanced drives), light weapons are ideal mind.

Missiles are not exactly that useful, but having them on an Imp Courier or Eagle you then get an extra big magazine for free.

Last edited:
Holy f this was intense.
MedCZ but those Elite NPCs hulls are so hard to crack even with Vette's 2x huge MCs + small corosive (after shields are dropped).
First round won, then greens were gone, I started chatting and suddanly I was alone with 20 reds :)
Barely escaped, 100k cr damage, phew.
Good CG, love it.

Lets do what is right and not succumb to bling stuff
By "right" I expects ynu mean "righteous slaughter of innocents", yes?
And alls because some pirates, on a promotional Kumo Burger tour, set up somes illegal raves and BBQ's in Marlinist space on the same day as the station attacks..only to be "mistaken" as scenes of celebration, hmm...?
Much treachery in this, i suspects.

Holy f this was intense.
MedCZ but those Elite NPCs hulls are so hard to crack even with Vette's 2x huge MCs + small corosive (after shields are dropped).
First round won, then greens were gone, I started chatting and suddanly I was alone with 20 reds :)
Barely escaped, 100k cr damage, phew.
Good CG, love it.
Yeah those spec ops take some killin' :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom