COMPLETED CG Fight for the Marlinists with the Duduseklis Empire League

I'd say we were close but, well, we'd have needed about the same number of bonds we turned in, again on top of what we did, so... I guess we got half way?

I clearly need to pay more attention to how these things work. I thought the Marlinists were winning despite being a tier behind. Looks like wishful thinking now.

"The initial two phases will be preparation, after which the bulk of the refugees will be able to leave using four megaships, followed by additional waves of three.."

It's funny... I clearly read this line wrong. I read 2 phases of prep and once those were complete the first four ships would leave. Not once we're fully prepared we'll wait to watch you rack up a few billion more bonds before waving on our way out..

"additional waves of 3" would then have been 3 more megaships each at level 3, 4, and 5 for a total of 13.

I thought the only direct win for the empire was to hit tier 5 early and therefore cut the CG short, limiting our time to rack up our escape tiers.

This result has left me rather deflated with the whole story. We put all that effort in, out scored the empire, and saved... absolutely no one because of the stupid placement of tier 3 and poorly worded CG text. Thanks a lot FDev.

Edit: On a more positive note, I have been really enjoying the new story and CGs up to now.. hopefully I'll get sucked back in soon if we get the chance for some payback on the overly agressive Imperial faction.

Last edited:
KInd of sucks from a narrative POV, the empire got their asses kicked in the previous CG and for this one their goal was 20,000,000,000 less then the Marlinists. I guess that imbalance was to ensure their victory for storyline reasons, but it really blows the immersion to have it so openly rigged in one sides favour

Once EDO lands we'll be having to sneak onto the planets to claim our payouts past the occupiers. Don't worry Ackwanda - we'll be back to save you!

1602693554959.png

KInd of sucks from a narrative POV, the empire got their asses kicked in the previous CG and for this one their goal was 20,000,000,000 less then the Marlinists. I guess that imbalance was to ensure their victory for storyline reasons, but it really blows the immersion to have it so openly rigged in one sides favour

I don't see it that way -- The Empire can't just be thrown around like a ragdoll, and a very concentrated effort could have destabilized them but there wasn't enough of that effort. It's enough to know that leeway was offered in the form of 'smaller' ships, and.. lets be fair. If you ARE an NMLA operative, you aren't going to hitch a ride on a Megaship, but you are going to want to gtfo ASAP which probably means a fair chunk of the NMLA operations got out in time.

I don't see it that way -- The Empire can't just be thrown around like a ragdoll, and a very concentrated effort could have destabilized them but there wasn't enough of that effort. It's enough to know that leeway was offered in the form of 'smaller' ships, and.. lets be fair. If you ARE an NMLA operative, you aren't going to hitch a ride on a Megaship, but you are going to want to gtfo ASAP which probably means a fair chunk of the NMLA operations got out in time.
Wish we could've seen sufficiently concentrated manpower.

Well, probably it gives four different potential results.

1) Total Marlinist victory: Marlinists reach Tier 5, all ships escape
2) Partial Marlinist victory: Marlinists reach Tier 2-4 and stay ahead of Empire. Some ships escape, Empire may have difficulty containing the rest.
3) Partial Empire victory: Empire reaches Tier 5 or finishes the CG ahead, but Marlinists reach Tier 2. Some ships escape, but the Empire will easily contain the rest.
4) Total Empire victory: Empire reaches Tier 5 before Marlinists reach Tier 2. The ships are completely contained
It's funny how this has to be RP'd to be plausible, considering everyone can just get out of the station and high wake out and be gone. And there is ZERO chance of containing them.

It's funny how this has to be RP'd to be plausible, considering everyone can just get out of the station and high wake out and be gone. And there is ZERO chance of containing them.

My guess is the Empire wasn't so concerned about catching all the big baddie terrorists but simply wanted to control information flow to prevent further radicalization, so by preventing the megaships from leaving they control the fates of all those refugees. Who knows how good social engineering is two-hundred years in the future?

We're meant to believe that being a pilot and having your own spaceship is somewhat unusual and that for whatever reason most of the population can't / don't have access to one. Seriously, in a galaxy where a pilot with a spaceship can make enough money to pay for the ship and all its fittings in an hour or two''s work, why wouldn't everyone be doing it?

I often wonder when docking why the traffic controller or ground crew are doing the jobs they are when if they could only beg, borrow or steal a spaceship for a few hours, they could easily make enough money to retire on!

Agreed. There has to be more to it otherwise the accusation that players had no chance to affect a rigged CG will continue to look justified, and that would be very disappointing.

Why? How do you know that there wouldn't be more Marlinist systems now if they had managed to escape? There's no way to tell either way, some people just choose to be cynic.

I for one am happy we at least have some kind of story again.

Top Bottom