COMPLETED CG Fight for the Neo-Marlinist Order of Mudhrid against the Empire (Combat)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Something to make everyone laugh: I am new to the game but thought I would cleverly fight for the losing side to get to the top 10% and then switch to the winning side to get in the top 75% :unsure: Now bear in mind I am relatively new to the CG thing.......Result, the side I backed is likely not going to make the Tier 1 for my top 10% to count....and the other side frikin hates me now and I have to ponder how to get in their good books to come out with anything!!!
That's pretty simple :) You can just choose the Empire side in the conflict zones, you'll get some reputation eacht time you win a CZ. Alternatively, just run missions for the Epsilon Fornacis dudes. You can pick them up from the planetary settlements which are under control by other factions, no need to dock at Payne-Scott City (you'll get shot up instantaneously if you try, anyway^^)

That's pretty simple :) You can just choose the Empire side in the conflict zones, you'll get some reputation eacht time you win a CZ. Alternatively, just run missions for the Epsilon Fornacis dudes. You can pick them up from the planetary settlements which are under control by other factions, no need to dock at Payne-Scott City (you'll get shot up instantaneously if you try, anyway^^)
Appreciate your reply, but....

They are 'hostile' towards me (understandable lol), so will not unlock any missions for me to build rep with them....and I have fought in the CZ for them, but it starts with them being hostile (red), then when I start fighting for them everyone becomes hostile (red) - so I find I can't stay around too long otherwise I become everyone's favourite target. :LOL:

Appreciate your reply, but....

They are 'hostile' towards me (understandable lol), so will not unlock any missions for me to build rep with them....and I have fought in the CZ for them, but it starts with them being hostile (red), then when I start fighting for them everyone becomes hostile (red) - so I find I can't stay around too long otherwise I become everyone's favourite target. :LOL:
When you get into a Conflict Zone, yes if your REP with them are hostile, they show up red, BUT after you choose sides on the comms panel, they turn friendly, and after each CZ is totally finished, you gain REP by the zone size, I believe its REP+ for low, and REP+++ for high CZ.

So if they're hostile, don't go in their station just yet, go into CZ, you should turn into unfriendly with 2 high CZs, or maybe.. 3 or 4 low CZs.
Which they will not attack you and allow you to dock when you're unfriendly with them, the station tower will just say something like "Make your visit short CMDR."

When you get into a Conflict Zone, yes if your REP with them are hostile, they show up red, BUT after you choose sides on the comms panel, they turn friendly, and after each CZ is totally finished, you gain REP by the zone size, I believe its REP+ for low, and REP+++ for high CZ.

So if they're hostile, don't go in their station just yet, go into CZ, you should turn into unfriendly with 2 high CZs, or maybe.. 3 or 4 low CZs.
Which they will not attack you and allow you to dock when you're unfriendly with them, the station tower will just say something like "Make your visit short CMDR."
Ahhh! That may be the issue, I started fighting but did not choose a side on the comms panel

I knew trying to be clever would get me in trouble! 😛 Thank you <O

Ahhh! That may be the issue, I started fighting but did not choose a side on the comms panel

and when you hand in combat bonds this also increases the rep...you can hand them in whilst hostile you just need to be careful and dock while silent running so the station can't scan you...and leave using silent running as well.

you can hand them in whilst hostile you just need to be careful and dock while silent running so the station can't scan you
So.... you just fly in and get destroyed by the station shield generator direct attack lasers?
(Though you already went silent so no shields anyway)
You do realize you can't request dock when you're hostile to the station, and without request docking you don't get a landing pad to land on, even if you're loitering on a landing pad, you don't get to land...

Well, no chance to get this to tier 1 anymore, we failed to get the one thing that would have been truly new since fleet carriers, there has never been an engineered tech broker module before, and now there won't be one.

I had the same problem, I resolved it here:

Exchanging your CB will increase your reputation fast, but if you exchange them in Wachman installation, it won't add to your score in the CG, so I recommend doing some missions to get out of the "hostile" zone holding your CBs, until you are allowed into Payne-Scott City.

You do realize you can't request dock when you're hostile to the station, and without request docking you don't get a landing pad to land on, even if you're loitering on a landing pad, you don't get to land...
Oddly...no I did not! I very rarely get hostile with factions and the ones I do are usually pirates and I don't frequent their stations.
Everyday is a school day...and I've been playing this since day 1 :D

Deleted member 254248

D
Well, no chance to get this to tier 1 anymore, we failed to get the one thing that would have been truly new since fleet carriers, there has never been an engineered tech broker module before, and now there won't be one.
FDev messed up the limits. The Empire side has over 12,000 participants and they just barely reached halfway through their tiers. with that large a number they should have reached at least tier four or be finished by now if the number was correct. Halving the limit would mean they’d be finished, and it also would mean that the NMLA would reach tier 1. I can’t ever remember a CG which failed to reach Tier 1 since I started playing.

There was no reason to set the limits the same for both factions either. They know that players are predisposed to support one side over the other in this case. They blew it, and now none of the work put in by anyone for that side will result in any global reward of any type.

I think they set it on purpose like that - so only one side will win and the losing side gets nothing.
I feel a bit experimented on. Didn't stop me from getting into the top 10% for probably nothing and over the top 25% for the first rail I'd actually use without plasma slug.

Given that the player base is diluted by the Odyssey Alpha, the CG tiers should be lowered. Bruce, Arthur - are you reading these posts?
Don't bother. During yesterday's supercruise news stream they've indicated that they're fully aware and won't change a thing. Less than a day left anyway. The decent thing they could do is give out the missile rack to the top 10% regardless, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm deeply disappointed with this one.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom