First exploration

Here's a basic DBE with just shy of 40ly jump range, unengineered.

No weps or shield but an afmu & SRV.

Biggest jump drive and scoop, everything else D rated.

Click on the $ sign and it'll show you where to buy it.

Safe travels.

Safe travels.
Thank you but I'm going to do it all in my Cobra

I have decided to go to Sag a and then onto Beagle Point.
Which station in the bubble is the best one to get the right equipment ?
Is there a newbie guide on how to honk systems/scan planets etc

Thank you o7
Nice to see ambition. Sage advice in previous posts. Long jump range is useful, but in my view it is useful to chew the last/first 10k Ly around the bubble. Once you are really in the unexplored big black you can dial it back and just take it star by star. Shipwise, fly what you enjoy, because you will not be able to change it easily when far from home. I have bummed around a fair bit in my Asp Scout, but also taken my Corvette to Sag, and it was fine (see photo). I would take a repair module, a big scoop and have some fuel tanks - you do not want a maximum jump taking over 20% of your fuel, I would advise a max jump taking less than 10%.

When I am out there, and find places that no one else has been to, it is still a big thrill. So good hunting CMDR.
Sag A 3.jpg

I would take a repair module, a big scoop and have some fuel tanks - you do not want a maximum jump taking over 20% of your fuel, I would advise a max jump taking less than 10%.
Everyone has their own opinions on how to explore, and, if this one works for @Wuuf , I am happy for him.

For me, I think you are better off learning to pay attention to your route. The drive doesn't care if you have 1% or 90% when you start refueling so long as you do have fuel. Experiment with your ship, learn what it is capable of and adapt to the environment that you have created. Also, full extra fuel tanks will reduce your maximum jump in those situations where you are either traveling or trying to reach those more Distant Worlds.

To me, the bigger thing is learning what the Fuel Scoop will require of you. Smaller scoops require longer in the Corona, which means more heat acquisition. If you have to loop out to cool down, that is time where you aren't doing anything else which builds up across the hours of your game play. If you get to 90% Heat without filling on a regular basis and have to do a 10 second cool down loop, 360 refuels is taking up an hour of your gaming with cooldown loops.

Everyone has their own opinions on how to explore, and, if this one works for @Wuuf , I am happy for him.

For me, I think you are better off learning to pay attention to your route. The drive doesn't care if you have 1% or 90% when you start refueling so long as you do have fuel. Experiment with your ship, learn what it is capable of and adapt to the environment that you have created.

To me, the bigger thing is learning what the Fuel Scoop will require of you. Smaller scoops require longer in the Corona, which means more heat acquisition. If you have to loop out to cool down, that is time where you aren't doing anything else which builds up across the hours of your game play. If you get to 90% Heat without filling on a regular basis and have to do a 10 second cool down loop, 360 refuels is taking up an hour of your gaming with cooldown loops.

This is why I use the Dolphin. I can park it on the Sun for an hour and still feel the need for a cardigan.

Safe travels.

Lighter weight, better heat disippation, .5 LY longer jump. Just make certain to turn off the unused Cargo Hatch.

Top Bottom