Fleet Carrier FAQ

Are there re-buy screens on Fleet Carriers with a ship yard - but not selling ships?

I'm wondering about this and the following scenarios:

Scenario One - Last station you docked at had a ship yard
1 - You are flying your favourite 60+ Ly Jump range exploration ship.
2 - Last place you docked at was a station - either surface station or space station, had a shipyard.
3 - You are out in the black - something catastrophic happens and your ship is destroyed.
4 - You find yourself at the re-buy screen in the last station mentioned in point 2 above... Is this Correct?

Scenario Two - Last station you docked at did not have a ship yard
2 - Three stations ago, you docked at a station - either surface station or space station - this station did have a shipyard.
3 - The previous two stations you docked at - either surface station or space station, did not have a shipyard
4 - You are out in the black - something catastrophic happens and your ship is destroyed.
5 - You find yourself at the re-buy screen at station mentioned in point 2 above... Is this Correct?

Scenario Three - Fleet Carrier with a ship yard - selling ships
2 - Last place you docked at was a Fleet Carrier - with a ship yard, that was selling ships
3 - Previous to the fleet carrier, you docked at a station - either surface station or space station - with a shipyard
4 - You are out in the black - something catastrophic happens and your ship is destroyed.
5 - You find yourself at the re-buy screen in the Fleet Carrier in point 2 above... Is this Correct?

Scenario Four - Fleet Carrier with a ship yard - not selling ships
2 - Last place you docked at was a Fleet Carrier - with a ship yard - but not selling ships
3 - Previous to the fleet carrier, you docked at a station - either surface station or space station - with a shipyard
4 - You are out in the black - something catastrophic happens and your ship is destroyed (How many times now? Damn you're unlucky!)
5 - You find yourself at the re-buy screen in the station you docked at in step 3... Is this Correct?

Apologies if this is somewhat long winded... But just wanted to know if ship re-buy screens are dependant on these certain aspects.

I haven't tested it myself and wondered if anyone had first-hand experience of finding themselves at a re-buy screen on a fleet carrier.

And does it make a difference the Fleet carrier, in these scenarios, is your own or someone else's?

I havent tested specifically for shipyard presence and it would be interesting if it actually did make any difference
So, if you go kaboom in the black you respawn at the last station you docked, be it a station or a carrier.

IF the last station you docked was a carrier, you are kinda stuck there since if you suicide you will again respawn at that carrier.

The only ways to get out of the carrier-reswpawn loop is to:
  • ask the carrier owner to deny docking permission for you (set carrier docking permission to none) in which case you will respawn to last Station docked. This doesnt work if you are the carrier owner since you cannot deny docking for yourself
  • take the suiciwinder - that is to lose your current ship
  • disembark at the carrier and take an escape pod (your ship will remain on the carrier, you will be transported to a last docked station and after that you can transfer your ship)
  • contact support and ask them nicely to move you

Shipyard has no effect - you turn up where you last docked. Well, unless you have bounties etc. ofc if the FC moved ... then you'll appear where it is now (which is still 'where you last docked'). You aren't actually docking when you re-appear, so docking rights changes don't matter AFAIK, pretty sure we tested that.

Shipyard has no effect - you turn up where you last docked. Well, unless you have bounties etc. ofc if the FC moved ... then you'll appear where it is now (which is still 'where you last docked'). You aren't actually docking when you re-appear, so docking rights changes don't matter AFAIK, pretty sure we tested that.

I'm pretty sure i tested docking permissions during carriers beta and denying docking permissions meant one could not respawn at that carrier (nor any other carrier in that system) but to the last docked station (the last one before docking at the dock-denied-now carrier)

Edit: yep, found it

I havent tested specifically for shipyard presence and it would be interesting if it actually did make any difference
So, if you go kaboom in the black you respawn at the last station you docked, be it a station or a carrier.

IF the last station you docked was a carrier, you are kinda stuck there since if you suicide you will again respawn at that carrier.

The only ways to get out of the carrier-reswpawn loop is to:
  • ask the carrier owner to deny docking permission for you (set carrier docking permission to none) in which case you will respawn to last Station docked. This doesnt work if you are the carrier owner since you cannot deny docking for yourself
  • take the suiciwinder - that is to lose your current ship
  • disembark at the carrier and take an escape pod (your ship will remain on the carrier, you will be transported to a last docked station and after that you can transfer your ship)

Hi Northpin,

That's a superb reply - thank you - really appreciate you taking the time.

Yeah - being stuck in the re-spawn loop - spot on... That's the opposite frustration isn't it - when you actually want to re-spawn back to your last docked station (potentially - 20,000 Ly leap back to the bubble)

Thank you for sharing those steps - an so clearly too.

Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by:
(Also - your quote in your sig made me smile... "If the world didn't suck, we'd all be flying into space" ;o)

Hi Factabulous,

First of all - I appreciate the original post...

Second - I appreciate the links to your other guides in your signature - I've opened those up for a read.

Yeah - not actually docking... I assume we're being cargo scooped in our escape pods... Or something along those lines. Which leads me to wonder (in my own magical imagination) how long are we drifting through space if we're tens of thousands of light years from the bubble? And how cramped is it in our escape pod with all of those engineering materials stored with us (they must be, because they don't get lost with our ship and any cargo we were carrying!)

I'm off for a lay down to wonder some more about that ;o)

Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by:
(...

You can raise a support request - explain the situation and ask them (support) to edit your account / save to move your commander to another location. (It is what people have had to do when stuck in continual Orange Sidewinder errors.) Make your request here:

I've been searching for a while now and I can't find the answer so I'll ask here. What specifically adds to "accrued costs" for a carrier? What am I doing to make my accrued costs over 30 million, bringing my weekly upkeep to over 44 million?

I've been searching for a while now and I can't find the answer so I'll ask here. What specifically adds to "accrued costs" for a carrier? What am I doing to make my accrued costs over 30 million, bringing my weekly upkeep to over 44 million?
Have you done any jumps? They cost credits for hull repairs

O7

Have you done any jumps? They cost credits for hull repairs

O7
Yes, 27, but those are accounted in their own section.

Attachments

• Elite - Dangerous (CLIENT) 6_20_2022 3_39_26 PM.png
    Elite - Dangerous (CLIENT) 6_20_2022 3_39_26 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 98
Yep looks fishy, you have the same modules as me and my Upkeep says over 54 mill which is way off even with the 5 jumps ive done (Normally just under 29mill)
Must be a bug

O7
Dang. I was hoping it is something that I am doing to drive that cost up. If it's a bug I just have to pay it. It's not like FDev is going to do anything about it lol

Dang. I was hoping it is something that I am doing to drive that cost up. If it's a bug I just have to pay it. It's not like FDev is going to do anything about it lol
It's just because they forgot to take the weekly charge last Thursday, so you've got 11 days accrued. Just divide it by 11, and compare to the projected costs, which are for the next 4 days. Mine works out about 2M per day.

It's just because they forgot to take the weekly charge last Thursday, so you've got 11 days accrued. Just divide it by 11, and compare to the projected costs, which are for the next 4 days. Mine works out about 2M per day.
Oh cool. I didn't pay enough attention to notice it wasn't taken last week.

Never thought of this before, but if you have a carrier and are way out there in the black and happen to die, do you spawn in the carrier after having paid the insurance? or back in the bubble? Anyone know?

Well... usually you spawn at the last location you were docked, so yes you should spawn onboard.

If not that would be a support ticket then, odd things happen... ;-/

Top Bottom