Fleet Carrier FAQ

Never thought of this before, but if you have a carrier and are way out there in the black and happen to die, do you spawn in the carrier after having paid the insurance? or back in the bubble? Anyone know?
The carrier, though there is a tricky way around it with dying on foot and megaship escape pods...

Apologies if this has been answered before, but I haven't found an explicit "yes, that will work".

If I decommission my carrier in the Colonia area and then travel in my current ship to Jameson Memorial, will the "move ships/modules for free" once the carrier is in Decommissioned state work that distance?

I found this :
  • Commanders parked in the carrier at time of decommission respawn 10km from the decommissioned carrier
  • Any ships and modules stored on the decommissioned carrier can be transferred anywhere for 0 credits

Thanks for the reply, that is what happened.

I traveled to the Bubble and when the old fleet carrier was decommissioned, I purchased a new one in the Bubble (and was given the same carrier ID), then initiated ship/module transfers. Transfer fee for each ship/module was 0 credits with the normal transfer time of 61-ish hours still applying. Significantly quicker than jumping a carrier the entire way.

Thanks for the reply, that is what happened.

I traveled to the Bubble and when the old fleet carrier was decommissioned, I purchased a new one in the Bubble (and was given the same carrier ID), then initiated ship/module transfers. Transfer fee for each ship/module was 0 credits with the normal transfer time of 61-ish hours still applying. Significantly quicker than jumping a carrier the entire way.
That is a nice trick!

Just a question from new FC owner - do you buy/use T9 to keep Tritium reserves? Is it worth to buy a few and fill them with Tritium just to save fuel on jumping?
You can only have cargo in one ship at a time (your main ship).

So if you fill a T-9 before a jump, it will mean your jump costs slightly less from the carrier's tritium fuel store because the mass in your main ship cargo hold doesn't count for the jump.

That's the only advantage - though a T-9 can be used to transport Tritium from a market (even someone else's carrier) to yours if you don't want too many trips back and forth filling it.

To be honest, with 20,000+ tons of space on the carrier I've never minded keeping tritium on the FC itself, like any other commodity. You can carry enough to cross the galaxy a couple of times.

The "Tritium Depot" is a max of 1000 but that's just the immediate jump fuel tank; you can move the rest of your 20,000 tons (or whatever) from the FC commodity space to the tritium depot using the "transfer" button on the inventory panel in your main ship (whether T-9 or anything else).

Last edited:
Just a question from new FC owner - do you buy/use T9 to keep Tritium reserves? Is it worth to buy a few and fill them with Tritium just to save fuel on jumping?

Well, you cant.
You cannot store ships with cargo onboard. Well, except your current ship.

However, you can have many alts, each with its own t9 full with tritium onboard

Is it worth to buy a few and fill them with Tritium just to save fuel on jumping?

However, you can have many alts, each with its own t9 full with tritium onboard

What Northpin said, alt commanders with full cargo Type-9s is the only way to store some extra Tritium fuel on carrier.

Decide for youself if around 5 $/€ per Steam key at the various key re-sellers is it worth...

Is there an in-game or out-of-game way to see the ledger of the Carrier (eg. like seeing what the carrier has sold or bought to/from other players) ?

i had a bunch of Thargoid Sensors on sale, a few hours later they were gone but the balance hasn;t changed much during that time.
it seems to be impossible to reconstruct what happend.

Is there an in-game or out-of-game way to see the ledger of the Carrier (eg. like seeing what the carrier has sold or bought to/from other players) ?

i had a bunch of Thargoid Sensors on sale, a few hours later they were gone but the balance hasn;t changed much during that time.
Same here. I don't trust bartender :)

What Northpin said, alt commanders with full cargo Type-9s is the only way to store some extra Tritium fuel on carrier.

Decide for youself if around 5 $/€ per Steam key at the various key re-sellers is it worth...
Or free if you have an XBox copy, as every single account on the console has full access to the game.
I literally had my partner who doesn't play ED create a cmdr on my XBox that I handed over the credits for a T9 and a cargo hold of tritium to, so that there's more emergency fuel on my carrier when needed.

Fleet carrier trading can be PARTIALLY reconstructed with information available through cAPI.

Since only the recent state is currently available, reconstructed trading resolution depends on regular server quering and is limited by server refresh cycle (circa 15 minutes).

I've suggested extending related cAPI in August.

An example of what can be reconstructed currently - a recent list of my FC trades:

fc_trades.jpg

Last edited:
Fleet carrier trading can be PARTIALLY reconstructed with information available through cAPI.

Since only the recent state is currently available, reconstructed trading resolution depends on regular server quering and is limited by server refresh cycle (circa 15 minutes).

I've suggested extending related cAPI in August.

An example of what can be reconstructed currently - a recent list of my FC trades:

View attachment 333674
oh wow thats at least "somethings" ... is there a application out there utilizes this?
or is it a personal connector you use to get the data?

Hi All :)

Just a couple of questions, perhaps suggestions if these points aren't already covered?
I've bookmarked the Frontier official Carrier 'stations' that are waypoints / stop off points to Colonia. Trouble is I'm running short of bookmarks!
I've bookmarked some of my 'important' discoveries around the Galaxy I want to keep, so I've only got a dozen or less spare bookmarks to use at present.
Is there a way of freeing up those official game Carriers by some other method of recording them. Now that these Carriers are a permanent fixture in the galaxy map, I would have thought Frontier would or could put them displayed with an icon that is immediately displayed in those systems when you open the galaxy map, for anybody to see (but not the contents of that system if you haven't actually been there). 🤔

Getting slightly away from the main topic, how do all you explorers catalogue or record your personal discoveries, in a quick and orderly reference that you can easily refer to?
I've recorded some, a few hundred by writing them down on paper, and as I've said, bookmarking them. I'm just looking for a more efficient way, any suggestions on both subjects would be welcome! :)

Jack. :)

Just a couple of questions, perhaps suggestions if these points aren't already covered?
I've bookmarked the Frontier official Carrier 'stations' that are waypoints / stop off points to Colonia. Trouble is I'm running short of bookmarks!
I've bookmarked some of my 'important' discoveries around the Galaxy I want to keep, so I've only got a dozen or less spare bookmarks to use at present.
Is there a way of freeing up those official game Carriers by some other method of recording them. Now that these Carriers are a permanent fixture in the galaxy map, I would have thought Frontier would or could put them displayed with an icon that is immediately displayed in those systems when you open the galaxy map, for anybody to see (but not the contents of that system if you haven't actually been there). 🤔

Getting slightly away from the main topic, how do all you explorers catalogue or record your personal discoveries, in a quick and orderly reference that you can easily refer to?
I've recorded some, a few hundred by writing them down on paper, and as I've said, bookmarking them. I'm just looking for a more efficient way, any suggestions on both subjects would be welcome! :)

I keep mine on EDSM at https://www.edsm.net/ which automatically logs and maps my journeys. I think you can place personal bookmarks there. However, it's not hard to look up any system through your flight log.

Is there a way of freeing up those official game Carriers by some other method of recording them.:)

You can double your number of bookmarks by creating a one person squad and using shared squad bookmarks for those sorts of things. There are a number of station that have a shipyard and you can park a cheap ship at them to mark locations, but most are actually megaships without the shipyards so you are out of luck with those.

Last edited:
Hi Franky,:)

Thank's for the reply, and the link.(y)
I keep mine on EDSM at https://www.edsm.net/ which automatically logs and maps my journeys. I think you can place personal bookmarks there. However, it's not hard to look up any system through your flight log.
Excuse me for being a bit dumb, (Over 10,000 hours of play I should know this! 😖), but where do I find and use my flight log?
I can see recent session log in my Cmdr's profile but no long term history.....:unsure:

Jack :)

I keep a daily record of everywhere i go or what i do (CGs) etc in an XL doc.
I list interesting discovery's in a tab but only ones that stand out otherwise i would be logging hundreds of firsts.

O7

Top Bottom